What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

jokerman

Premium user
Its been known to happen from time to time ;)

Guns are complicated - there is no denying US has by far the most amount of gun violence of any first world country. But fixing it is a whole different problem.

Canada has fairly high gun ownership but less violence. Its not zero though. We definitely have a lot of restrictions on the types of firearms you can have.

The thing lots of people forget too is the most likely person to die by a gun you own is yourself - just owning a gun means you are more likely to have a successful suicide.
Welcome back first of all!
Concerning gun violence, we are really up there till you subtract all the gang shootings and we are lower than a lot of countries.

I have seen a comment that " Americans who are LAW ABIDING RESPONABLE GUN OWNERS have over 390 million guns and the same people have billions of rounds of ammunition.
If legal folks were the problem with gun violence America would know it .

Goldhedge

I don't know if it's true but I've heard it said that if you could vent out of an exhaust pipe that went 32' up in the air you could do away with needing to use carbon filyers because by the time the odor reached anyone that might smell it, it would be so far down wind from the source that nobody would be able to tell where it came from.
Need to raise skunks. Folks raise chickens, pigs, and goats, etc., but you never see a skunk farm.

why not come down hard like thors hammer on those people and let the rest of society be free
Because they don't want people to be free.

Let's face it everyone should not be able to have a gun.
An armed society is a polite society.