What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

kevinn

I finally got an opportunity to use the bowl trimmer today. It does a good job, but nothing compares to the using scissors. If you’ve got bulk, this is the only way to go. I was not aware there was an adjustment on the blades on the bottom for height, and once I got them where I needed them it trimmed very well. The first picture is the raw bud taken off the plant. The second picture is all of the buds just cut off the stocks and laid in a bowl. The last picture is what the final trim looks like. Five minutes of scissor work makes them very nice.
How do you adjust ??????

SubGirl

420club
I was trimming one time and my son dropped by. He said he could smell it from the street😂. I have new windows and the house is now sealed up pretty well so I don’t think it is a problem. Except in the house. I try to trim when my wife is out for the day.😁
I usually try to trim when I’m not expecting anyone but did get a pop in once. It just happen to be my weed guy. He said it hit him in the face like a train on the front porch when I opened the door.

SubGirl

420club
I finally got an opportunity to use the bowl trimmer today. It does a good job, but nothing compares to the using scissors. If you’ve got bulk, this is the only way to go. I was not aware there was an adjustment on the blades on the bottom for height, and once I got them where I needed them it trimmed very well. The first picture is the raw bud taken off the plant. The second picture is all of the buds just cut off the stocks and laid in a bowl. The last picture is what the final trim looks like. Five minutes of scissor work makes them very nice.
I’d hit that…😊

SubGirl

420club
the razor blade under the grate can be bent to move closer to the flowers...It's tempered so a slow bend won't break it...for a personal grower it's a bit much but it sure takes the chore out of trimming...mebbe 5 minutes for this plant...you gotta be careful or the blades will hit...
The jury is still out for me but five minutes a plant does sound tempting…

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
How did the trichomes look ?
the buds are rock hard, covered with trichs but nowhere's near the TT...probably the stickiest girl crush I have grown...I have another that's covered with small hard buds but trying new nutes bit me, all the fan leaves are dying due to a lack of nitrogen...brittle as 1000 year old parchment...I'm back using what I used on my first plant in '99...

SubGirl

420club
Thanks subby, thingy's arrived. Gonna try them out instantly.
Good luck with them. I should have thought about using them much sooner. Maybe on the clones, they are still little.
they are good for spreading out your plant. Be careful to work the stem a bit to soften it up or you will break a top and say the f word like I did 🤪

Last edited:

SubGirl

420club
the buds are rock hard, covered with trichs but nowhere's near the TT...probably the stickiest girl crush I have grown...I have another that's covered with small hard buds but trying new nutes bit me, all the fan leaves are dying due to a lack of nitrogen...brittle as 1000 year old parchment...I'm back using what I used on my first plant in '99...
I’m trying new nutes too. So far they have been doing good but they are a bit more a pita as I have to dissolve them good before adding them to the water. I will say tho that the plants look awesome so far so there’s that.

cola

I live out in the middle of nowhere by myself and things have to get done. Did I go into that pigpen yesterday and want to move 600 pounds of food, hell no. I find mowing my yard relaxing so I did that after I went after it with the pigs. I will go out after I get home from the gym and see what kind of mess they’ve made on the improvements. I’ve tried to leave behind a nice pen but pigs is pigs… I have no doubt they tore the place in New asshole over the night…
Pigs are smart - I believe next in line after monkey types. I have lived near a pig farm once though, and you could smell the stench literally a mile away. Something about either how many are put into a confined space, or the mixture of their urine and feces, that does it. Dunno. But it is just -a - bit overpowering if you are living nearby.

I think like most animals they prefer to bed in a clean area if available. I don't believe they would prefer to intentionally wallow in their own muck, given a viable alternative. Chickens, and even turkeys, though not overly smart, do notice a cage cleaning. I have seen when I once kept them both they seemed to enjoy fresh hay bedding.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Me keeping hogs happen totally by accident. I had a neighbor that could top any worse. Neighbors story in the world living next to me so a friend gave me a small potbelly pig so I put the pen as close as I could do his swimming pool. That potbelly pig was over 300 pounds when he died. His girlfriend Earlene got raped by the red Norwegian hog that was wild and a week after we ate him Earlene gave birth to seven piggies. Then Earlene died directly there after…I went out and bought Bosco because he was a friendly pig and someone gave me the strawberry blonde female , so they just kind of happened… i’m considering doubling the size of the pen and taking it into the woodlands where it’s all roots and high and dry. When I first had one pig, I never had a problem, but now that I got five I got issues not as bad as the issues of the people who own the swimming pool next-door. It’s called karma.

Latest posts

Latest posts