What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
On another note I will no longer be able to use HPS lights. They have discontinued them. I heard this was coming and it now has. I have searched and I can't find them anywhere.

Gonna have to switch to LED's when the current light wear out. That will be next winter. Will also have to purchase some kind of heating system. I relied on the HPS to help heat the tent in the winter months.

I know nothing about LED's. I have ran the same setup going on two decades and I am stuck on my ways......
You should’ve grabbed the bulbs. I was selling a few months ago at almost half price. I have a couple of used ones left if you want them.

Magu🌈

I live in a camper and heat with a wood stove in winter. I heat water in a pot on the wood stove in the evening and pour it into empty milk jugs. Then I put the hot water filled jugs in a small freezer body with my plants. I shut the lid and go to sleep. When I wake up in the morning it is at least 70 degrees F in the freezer with my plants.

kevinn

On another note I will no longer be able to use HPS lights. They have discontinued them. I heard this was coming and it now has. I have searched and I can't find them anywhere.

Gonna have to switch to LED's when the current light wear out. That will be next winter. Will also have to purchase some kind of heating system. I relied on the HPS to help heat the tent in the winter months.

I know nothing about LED's. I have ran the same setup going on two decades and I am stuck on my ways......
My LED gives off some heat. Sometimes too much.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I finally got an opportunity to use the bowl trimmer today. It does a good job, but nothing compares to the using scissors. If you’ve got bulk, this is the only way to go. I was not aware there was an adjustment on the blades on the bottom for height, and once I got them where I needed them it trimmed very well. The first picture is the raw bud taken off the plant. The second picture is all of the buds just cut off the stocks and laid in a bowl. The last picture is what the final trim looks like. Five minutes of scissor work makes them very nice.

Attachments

• IMG_2751.jpeg
    IMG_2751.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2752.jpeg
    IMG_2752.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2755.jpeg
    IMG_2755.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 18

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I grew up on a farm too, so have waded through and been dragged through barnyard muck.

We raised or grew most of our own food, as well as hunted and fished the local game, so where food comes from is no mystery.

As a city boy I don't miss getting up early to milk and tend the livestock rain or shine, but wish they were treating the livestock that we are buying the parts of as humanely as we did our animals.
I forgt the name and I don't know if they service your area but I saw a mini documentary a couple of years ago about a conglomeration of small family owned and run farms where all the meat and poultry they sel is done much the way your family did things. So you may want to do some research if you haven't already.