What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

good morning old man...just got back from the feed store, hogs will be happy after I have lunch...the pen has about 6" of mud in most areas...you don't know stink until you have 5 hogs in a pen that has gotten a lot of rain...don't even mention the flies...
Good day to you Boo, a full pig is happy porker. Some of that liquid manure would be good food for some deserving plant.

It's been a while since I've been in a feed store, Buckerfields is one that I know of here. They sell gardening supplies as well.

SubGirl

420club
That ^^ is so beautiful! :love:

I will definitely have one on hand prior to next harvest.

OR...

if whom ever is SubGirls santi claus feels the desire to spread the love...
JS ;)

Oh, oh... while I've got you on the line...
I have looked back trying to find the photo you posted
of a green sprayer attachment/ sprayer nozzle thingy
and am unable to locate it.
Might you be so kind as to re post it, please? thx :)
Perhaps this thingy?
IMG_2859.jpeg

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Been out weeding and staking beans in the garden. Clouds came over like I anticipated and it isn't bad out. Done for the day though.

I can't believe I am saying this let alone admitting it. I am watching women's basket ball......There is a new sheriff in town and her name is Catlin Clark.

SubGirl

420club
YES! (not yelling... just excited! :) ).
Thank ye, thank ye sai (said in the voice of Roland the Gunslinger ;) ) :)
That thing is a back saver if you have to water under 2-3 pots deep in. My plants are usually tied down in the tent with a net so I can’t move them in and out. It has a 10 ft line and you can mix up your nutes in a five gallon bucket and just drop it in. Rechargeable too my charge usually lasts a whole grow.

oldmaninbc

Compost that hog shit before you put it on any plant. Its hot when its fresh. 🔥
One of the good things in composting manure , is killing off unwanted weed seeds. I think horse manure is the worst I have used fresh.
No I would not use fresh pig manure directly. I have also read of parasites that pigs have in fresh manure.
The parasites could wind up on garden vegetable. I wonder if it would be so bad for ornamental plants?

Hope you are enjoying your day Magu:)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Been watching the football - England v Slovakia in the European Cup - nearing the very end of a lacklustre game for England - who were losing 1 - 0 to Slovakia - looked like it was all over in the final minute or two - and suddenly Jude Bellingham for England scores with an overhead bicycle kick - evening the score at 1-1 - so the game goes to 30 minutes extra time - 15 minutes each way - and Harry Kane scores a nice header making it 2-1 to England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 - and that was the final score - so what initially was looking like a boring and useless game for England - ended up brilliantly - now Slovakia is out of the tournament - and England progress to the quarter finals - it could so easily have gone the other way -

- everyone seems very happy 😊 - who watched the game - around here which is nice - the Slovakians did play well - but that late goal seemed to inspire the English to win 🏆 it -

Dime

We've lost our last three German Shepherds to cancer. I wonder if the systemic insecticides that we give them for fleas is part of the issue?

I can't help but reflect on the fact that we never lost a dog to cancer growing up...............................
I never had cancer issues with dogs either and I had a kennel for many years but I feed them leftovers,raw liver once a week, milk,and basically the same as we eat and Fromm Gold here and there.I don't believe that otc dog food keeps them in upmost health and think it's just for owner convenience. The wet food is trash and just tripe.I only go to the vet as a last resort or an injury I can't deal with .A lot of health problems people have with dogs is because they bring them in the house too much which makes for a poor immune system,they are meant to live outdoors andbecome much stonger , I only bring mine in at night. I have to give them the rabies vaccine for liability but if you give them a shot and repeat the second shot within a year then you don't have to go back for at least 5 years. My dogs usually live to around 13 and they're big dogs . JMO

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Yeah but just keep thinkin' about the smell of that delicious bacon cooking. Yummy yummy.
the smell from the pigs negates the mere thought of bacon...8" of muck was waded thru while broadcasting the hay...how in God's name did they fill the feed barrel with mud...dunno but they did it to the water barrel as well...time to wash off the stink and burn one before supper...I see an ice pack on my back in the very near future...

SubGirl

420club
the smell from the pigs negates the mere thought of bacon...8" of muck was waded thru while broadcasting the hay...how in God's name did they fill the feed barrel with mud...dunno but they did it to the water barrel as well...time to wash off the stink and burn one before supper...I see an ice pack on my back in the very near future...
I’ll bet it takes a while to get that smell outta your nose. I wouldn’t be hungry for a while for bacon and bacon is practically my favorite food 😁
there was a pig farm up the road from where I grew up. When the wind was just right we got a good smell of it. I don’t even like to ride behind a truck load of pigs going to the market

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I’ll bet it takes a while to get that smell outta your nose. I wouldn’t be hungry for a while for bacon and bacon is practically my favorite food 😁
there was a pig farm up the road from where I grew up. When the wind was just right we got a good smell of it. I don’t even like to ride behind a truck load of pigs going to the market
I just stripped down from my working clothes, jumped in the shower and now I’m sitting here smoking one. When I took off the pants the bottom 12 inches smelled like pig shit. I’m just really taking back with the foulness of the odor that comes from those pigs. I can’t imagine trying to swim in the pool when it’s 50 feet away from the smelliest thing I’ve ever smelled… Needless to say, the pants are outside… I just scoped my girl crush at 9 1/2 weeks and it comes down tomorrow when I get home from the gym… I’m looking forward to trimming it with my new trim machine…😉

SubGirl

420club
I think I’m going to melt. After wading through all of the shit in the hog pen and dumping a bale of hay on the ground and then lugging a couple of 50 pound sacks of feed into the pen pretty much took the pep out of my step… I’m fortunate that I found my engineers boots that I used to wear years ago. They come up about 12 inches from the ground and I got shit about 11 inches off the ground on my boots and pants.
They look pretty happy to me. I’m sure they like the hay too.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
They look pretty happy to me. I’m sure they like the hay too.
When I first went out there, the little piglets couldn’t get across the pen because their legs weren’t as long as the mud was deep. Now that I’ve thrown all that hay on the ground, they’re ripping around the place like her Formula One cars… three little piglets are getting quite big. I remember the day they were born and they could fit in your pocket. I’ve got two males and three females so it should get interesting by Christmas. I’m taking reservations for piglets if anybody’s interested…🤣