Premium user
Veteran
420club
or a good song😊

and a nice cup of coffee

IMG_9139.jpeg

OleReynard

Sorry to hear about this.

My friend over the road passed away last Sunday at 62 years of age, pancreatic cancer. Went within a month of finding it and being plonked in the hospital. He was battling Parkinson's too for the last 5 years and beating that into submission.
Fit, healthy, no drinking or smoking, ex long distance runner and sporting type. My pup still has a sit at the fence in the morning at the exact time when he used to walk past, waiting for him to give him a tickle through the wire. He was on the clock was Michael, had alarms set on his watch to let him know what time was what for his meds and stuff.

They do form strong bonds with their friends. Hopefully they can all meet up one day and have a belly tickle party.
Death was in the air here last Saturday.
Next door neighbor passed away at home from Mouth and throat cancer, cigarettes and paper mill chemicals.
Had his family with, Friday.Hospice was there said he'd be lucky to last the weekend.

We were on out way south when we heard about it.
3 years, very courageous fight right to the end.

SubGirl

420club
We've lost our last three German Shepherds to cancer. I wonder if the systemic insecticides that we give them for fleas is part of the issue?

I can't help but reflect on the fact that we never lost a dog to cancer growing up...............................
You may be on to something there GW. The expensive heart worm/flea meds I give my dogs each month have not been on the market long enough to make a generic. They seem to work for fleas and I haven’t had a dog with heart worms in 40 years since I’ve been using them but often wonder could it be part of the cancer problem in dogs.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You may be on to something there GW. The expensive heart worm/flea meds I give my dogs each month have not been on the market long enough to make a generic. They seem to work for fleas and I haven’t had a dog with heart worms in 40 years since I’ve been using them but often wonder could it be part of the cancer problem in dogs.
Heartworm is another good example. We didn't lose any dogs to Heartworm growing up in Oklahoma, nor any since in Oregon now that they are on Heartworm medicine.

Last edited: