What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Come on down to the sunshine state when we hit a rainy season. Humidity is at 75% and the heat index is 95° or hotter. It’s like walking out the door and having someone throw a wet towel over your face. I’ve learned to deal with it and actually enjoy the heat, as long as I can have a place to go back to air conditioning… how the settlers who settle this state back in the day could deal with it is beyond me

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Come on down to the sunshine state when we hit a rainy season. Humidity is at 75% and the heat index is 95° or hotter. It’s like walking out the door and having someone throw a wet towel over your face. I’ve learned to deal with it and actually enjoy the heat, as long as I can have a place to go back to air conditioning… how the settlers who settle this state back in the day could deal with it is beyond me
I have been to Florida in both summer and winter. Spring and fall are better for me. Mostly in the Miami and Ft Lauderdale area. Once in J Ville in Sept. Amelia Island. Humidity was so bad the windows were always dripping with condensation.

Have been to S Beach several times and on one of Robert Moran's yacht twice.

These were mostly business trips with Nissan. I don't not enjoy it in the warmer months....I guess you get used to it but not my cup of tea.

Dime

King

Attachments

• King-Shepherd-the-Giant-Dog.jpg
    King-Shepherd-the-Giant-Dog.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 9

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Well Gypsy, my auto zamaldelicas are both nearing 6 foot tall with the pots now and my neighbours can definitely see them if they lean out of their bedroom window. :biglaugh:

I may have to take their heads off.

(The plants, not my neighbours. I like my neighbours. They do a lot of tutting over the fence at me.)
Ahh - I've got 4 Zamaldelica's on the go atm - so if they are gonna go to 6ft - I'm gonna have to do some serious plant wrangling - to keep them low enough - not to be noticed - currently they are still young'uns - but by August - Hmmm -
2024-06-2719.52.571423341725554628249.jpg

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Ahh - I've got 4 Zamaldelica's on the go atm - so if they are gonna go to 6ft - I'm gonna have to do some serious plant wrangling - to keep them low enough - not to be noticed - currently they are still young'uns - but by August - Hmmm -
View attachment 19024021
My 2 are lovely plants, a but freaky to start life, but they grew out of it.
DSCF1507 (1).JPG

30th April they sprouted. Just starting to show pistils proper. I think the stretch may be starting on the one on the right.

I popped the one on the left on an upturned bucket so it's closer to the sun.

They're both back in the hoop house tonight as they're a bit too easy to see outdoors. I'll take my chances with the humidity in there. A fan seems to make it worse though. I dunno why.