What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

cola

Well....right or wrong ...... Listening to people who argue here is like me frying bacon naked. Just doesn't fit. We are friends here.

Two ways to tell a person to go to hell....make them look forward to the trip...

I hope I made my point....
That is correct. We are all friends here. And real and true friends never lie to one another. Point well made. Enuf said.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
IMG_20240626_205935_3.jpg
IMG_20240626_205928_9.jpg

Couldn't fit it in one pic.
😆
Weird how dinkydoo seems so intent on both correcting anything he percieves as politically incorrect and being a douche about it.
Seems the law school paid off.
😁

Goldhedge

Markets don't lie.
Until they do...

But do you think they'll tell you when they get ready to pull the plug???

Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 8.58.32 PM.png

As housing goes, so goes the economy...

BREAKING: US new home construction declined 5.5% year-over-year to an annual rate of 1.28 million units, the lowest level since June 2020

Building permits also dropped 3.8% to 1.39 million, the weakest level in 4 years.

Furthermore, single-family home permits have plummeted for 4 consecutive months, to their lowest level in 12 months.

Elevated interest rates have been the primary driver of this recent trend.

In the Midwest alone, home construction has decreased by 19% year-over-year.

Is the housing market is beginning to stall?

Last edited:

cola

Ones belief isn't necessary like one intentionally lying. I hope you are right but Walt has some good points.
We all should have honest beliefs and good (valid) points. That goes without saying. Especially in speaking aloud. What is of paramount importance is that we are entirely real and true amongst our very dear and beloved friends. Likewise ensuring we never needlessly, and/or carelessly, spread falsehoods. others trust as facts. That-Is-The-Point.

Unca Walt

420club
You promote a fake AI computer program, promoting verifiably fake information, and peddle this BS bandwidth here. I would tell you that you are delusional about the implications of the expired Petrodollar Agreement., but I am certain that you already know. Nothing different than the kind of tripe coming from lowlife Alex Jones, or convict Steve Bannon's lies. Trying to gain fame, attention, money, and recognition, through deplorable Fearmongering..

Telling all of us about your son who went to medical school, and your son who has a black belt in Jujitsu, does not elevate you, nor remove you, or obviate you, from being a responsible individual, posting here on your own accord.

And, what does it matter? My grandfather was a medical doctor. And I have two siblings who went to medial school. And I went to law school. So what?

Whether you realize it, or not, you need to clean up your act. You portray the information you convey as honest and true. But it is not. You waste our valuable time. I won't expand nor respond any further on this. Markets don't lie.
Take a chill pill, laddie.

Jeepers. You are unique here. Didja notice? I am responding to this as found before reading further pages to see if there were any others who might have commented.

1847 pages of chatter since the Old Hands moved here, and nothing, not even a shadow of the truly unbridled vitriol you've just firehosed.

Check the many thousands of posts. Find one that even hints at your weird anger.

Now: Ignore me, and apologize to this group for your tantrum. It must not happen again.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Agreed. Any job you need to actually be there to do, like all the trades, have far more job security than ‘pushing a pencil’ since the cushy jobs can be outsourced or done by a computer/AI. Robotics could affect the trades eventually as well but it will be difficult to program all of the permutations that arise in many hands-on careers. A robot can tighten a bolt but is unlikely to be able to identify that the bolt is securing a rusted out flange on a pipe for example. The garbage soft degrees colleges are selling are a money grab. Training in a trade or getting a technical degree and working hard more importantly is where the money is going forward.
Agreed. As you say there is so much beyond just tightening bolts or swapping new parts for old, that it will take a long time before AI unabled rpbots can take over trade jobs. The scary thing though is when it does happen it will be all at once because once you train one robot to master all that needs to be mastered, all the others will become instantly trained thru the network they're all connected to. At least all of one particular brand of AI robot. I think the big mistake the country made in the regard of trade jobs is when they stopped doing things like woodworking class or auto shop class in high schools. They were introductions to trade work. They need to bring those back and even expand it to cover construction, electrical work and plumbing. Give kids a chnce to discover that maybe they have an aptitude for that kind or work and the worse case scenario is maybe they still try to get a college degree but now they have skills and knowledge that can be useful throughout their lives. I wouldn't make every student do all of them but maybe let it be an elective course and require each student to do at least two trade related classes. All those college degree based jobs will be the first to fall to AI. Hell some of them are already falling to AI.

cola

Take a chill pill, laddie.

Jeepers. You are unique here. Didja notice? I am responding to this as found before reading further pages to see if there were any others who might have commented.

1847 pages of chatter since the Old Hands moved here, and nothing, not even a shadow of the truly unbridled vitriol you've just firehosed.

Check the many thousands of posts. Find one that even hints at your weird anger.

Now: Ignore me, and apologize to this group for your tantrum. It must not happen again.
First: I am not your Laddie. You'll have to find another bun boy. Dear fellow.
Second: There was no anger whatsoever associated in what I said. Only truth.
Third: You apparently have limited or no capacity to see yourself accurately.
Fourth: You are the individual poster that owes this Group an apology. Do so.
Fifth: I've no intention whatsoever of abiding by you. Correct your errant ways.

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
The Salem witch trials began when 9-year-old Elizabeth Parris and 11-year-old Abigail Williams began suffering from fits, body contortions and uncontrolled screaming (today, it is believed that they were poisoned by a fungus that caused spasms and delusions). As more young women began to exhibit symptoms, mass hysteria ensued, and three women were accused of witchcraft: Sarah Good, Sarah Osborn and Tituba, an enslaved woman owned by Parris’s father. Tituba confessed to being a witch and began accusing others of using black magic. On June 10, Bridget Bishop became the first accused witch to be put to death during the Salem Witch Trials when she was hanged at the Salem gallows. Ultimately, around 150 people were accused and 18 were put to death. Women weren’t the only victims of the Salem Witch Trials; six men were also convicted and executed.
You know there is more to that story I think then just how it effected those two girls. The fungus they were infected by is Ergot which typically appears in rye grain but also other cereals. The fungus contains ergotamine and Lysergic acid (key componant to LSD). What the girls suffered probably was ergotism from the ergotamine which would have caused the fits and convulsions. perhaps others though got more of the Lysergic Acid which would have caused hallucinations, that given the time period might have been interpreted as being under a spell.

HempKat

Veteran
My worry is in the immediate area, the politics I don't care,I know they just fill their pockets and spread bs.. Fact is no customers yet today again for me and I'm open at 6:30 and my son is working at the local bulding supply a mile down the road and instead of deliveries for new house builds,they stopped because no one is buying them so he's making shims today. It's dead here,the competitions dock is a 1/2 hour away from me and just layed off 2 operators and our other dock 10 miles north is dead too. It's not good for the trades here.
Hopfully if the FED ever gets around to cutting interest rates things will improve for you? Oh wait, you're in Canada, never mind.

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
thats the thing, they had a schtick and it sold pub food
plus they employed a lot of people from the front end hooter girls to the guys who worked in the back or the restaurant the making food and doing dishes
and lets not forget about the distributors who provided them with all the food? or the guys who drove the trucks
i hope things turn for the better just for the average person, but the dollar just dosent go as far as it used to
I'm not so sure it's so much because of inflation, even in it's hay day it was never known for great food or prices. Now there are many more options with better food and maybe better prices, Buffalo Wild Wings, Chili's, TGI Fridays, etc.

Latest posts

Latest posts