What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Magu🌈

when i travel to tx they have fudruckers and all kinds of other good places to eat, but not here in california

i just dont think its funny when good places have to close their doors because its too expensive to do buisenss
I understand what you are saying but everything changes. Nothing is forever. Many times the owners just take all the profit home and never reinvest in the buisiness. They suck it dry and walk away with all that money.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
There is still a fuddruckers where I live haha
and im sorry if i have a tone mam, i can be a little "abrasive" at times
seriously! go!!!!
go and get a fudruckers burger and those awesome wedge fries with the cheese dipping saice and put all the good stuff on your burger
/i liked lettuce chopped onions mustard/ ketchup and all the pickles!
and by all the pickles i mean in taking a stack that im just going to sit there and eat like it was a side!

i miss fudruckers
/no offense @Partyboobs

Partyboobs

and im sorry if i have a tone mam, i can be a little "abrasive" at times
seriously! go!!!!
go and get a fudruckers burger and those awesome wedge fries with the cheese dipping saice and put all the good stuff on your burger
/i liked lettuce chopped onions mustard/ ketchup and all the pickles!
and by all the pickles i mean in taking a stack that im just going to sit there and eat like it was a side!

i miss fudruckers
/no offense @Partyboobs

They are really good - I go regularly for sure!

oldmaninbc

If there was a Hooters near me I would have a girlfriend by now
Hello DB, are you over the cookie hangover?
I had cookies for supper last night.

Had a big extra crispy chicken burger and hand cut fries yesterday at lunch, I think I still feel half full.

I have lived with four different women, had an assortment of girlfriends and I can't say that speediness in acquiring a woman to love ever worked in my favour. The woman who I have lived with for about 25years, I met on the internet, I never would have thought that possible:)

Good day to you DB

Unca Walt

420club
What a big pussycat. I think he has a rhinoceros treed... and he is so excited, he peed hisself.
1719428437998.png

Unca Walt

420club
that is old data Unca…..

El Salvador is now one of the safest countries on earth to visit thanks to their new Prez Mr Bukele..

a lot safer than Chicago or Baltimore

El Salvador is safe to visit in 2024! While the country grappled with high crime rates before 2020, there has been a tremendous decline in violence, reaching its lowest levels in over four decades. Today, El Salvador stands out as one of the safest countries in Latin America

Crime data has shown that violent crimes in El Salvador, such as homicides, were reduced by 56.5% from 2021 to 2022 and 69% from 2022 to 2023. Today, El Salvador has one of the lowest homicide rates in Latin America.

Considering the reduction in crime and the historical data on tourism safety, El Salvador is not dangerous for tourists to visit in 2024. Furthermore, most major tourist areas are in safer locations with adequate security.

Bukele rounded up all the gangsters and built a special prison for them

View attachment 19023357
Awright. They seem to have really put the screws to the gangs. Plus points: I notice all the cops have gun-in-hand. Ten rows, ten columns -- a Roman Centurion's command -- easy to count.

Is weed legal there? I would not like to be fourth row on left, third from the front...

Unca Walt

420club
Not sure where you get your data from. And, for reference, the Saudi Riyal remains pegged to the USD.
That is AI -- using current data.

And the rest of the world has most ricky-tick noticed the voice from the desert announcing the 50-year deal is over. And will not be renewed.

I am not happy with what is clearly coming. But if you don't agree it is coming, that's fine.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Hello Pute, a fishing lake I use to go to required walking in and going through a swamp. We would have to use so much deet that anything you touched or ate tasted like deet. Even if the skitters could not get you, just the buzzing sound of them hoovering 6" away from you face would drive you bonkers. The fishing made up for it.
A good day to you Pute
Believe me being a river fisherman I have encountered my share of skeeters. I use what the guides in Alaska use. Believe me this works. Plus it is a lotion not oil.
Couple of quick tips. Fishing a lake you are usually ok as long as you avoid being close to bushy banks. If you are a river fisherman get at least 10 ft out into the water. Reason: mosquitos can't fly for shit. As long as you are in a slight breeze or away from the bank you are usually out of the feeding zone.
IMG_20240626_130230335_HDR.jpg

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Hello DB, are you over the cookie hangover?
I had cookies for supper last night.

Had a big extra crispy chicken burger and hand cut fries yesterday at lunch, I think I still feel half full.

I have lived with four different women, had an assortment of girlfriends and I can't say that speediness in acquiring a woman to love ever worked in my favour. The woman who I have lived with for about 25years, I met on the internet, I never would have thought that possible:)

Good day to you DB
Hey old man the cookies and crispy chicken sounds darn good. I'm doing good today, got my 6 miles of walks in. Smoking more flower than kief...the kief I made in the coffee grinder was starting to make me nauseous. Then I hit some flower and was like woah. Something up with that kief. Not sure what's for dinner. Have junior mints.

oldmaninbc

I understand what you are saying but everything changes. Nothing is forever. Many times the owners just take all the profit home and never reinvest in the buisiness. They suck it dry and walk away with all that money.
My grandparents were in the restaurant business. They had bought a diner that had been neglected and we worked to gain a foothold in the community with good food at a reasonable price, it all worked out liked planned and became a profitable business. Gramps decided to move on to another business opportunity and lease out the diner. He leased it to a fellow who you would see on TV doing commercials for the gas company service stations. He showed up lots of gold jewelry and dressed nicely, he decided to lease the business and gramps went for it. I must admit I tried to discourage the deal but it was not my business. Eventually he ran the business into the ground. The man could not leave the women alone, married, in relationships and the waitresses did not want to work for him. He left the business and the town on the quiet.

Gramps sold the business for less than he could have gotten previously.

Last edited:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Been out weeding and aerating the garden. Had to get out of the sun. Waited and waited for the clouds to come over but no luck.

Just read that Hooters is closing stores. Been a long time since I was in one of those places. Another restaurant chain closing.....don't worry though according to those in the know our economy is doing great. Barf.......
His lawnmower asked for the repair to go slow.
He said he needed more time off
Mower still isn't done. No matter after spending the last two hrs in the garden it wasn't gonna get mowed today anyway.
Prolly asked for an undercoat too 😊
I am never gonna live that down.

kevinn

they closed, there comes a point where you stop throwing good money after bad
but they had a decent business model and lots of brand, but there is no adapting at some point
it just the economy is hitting a lot of sectors hard

maybe there will always be that last hooters someplace, but ive seen a lot of good places leave california
anyone remember fudruckers?!
they made hamburgers, but you got to dress them yourself from a condiments bar
that place was awesome
gone
We use to bring our kids there all the time and the burgers were good !!!!!

Unca Walt

420club
Jury duty form came for me..........I suspect I won't be called upon due to my response regards my thoughts on jury nullification.
👍🏾
All those years in the law library paid off,thanks fdoc.
😆
I had an interesting experience in that arena. I wound up as spokesman on a Grand Jury. A Grand Jury cannot convict; all they do is answer two questions for each case presented:

1. Was a crime committed?

2. Is it likely the accused was the one that committed the crime?

We heard 83 cases in ONE fargin day. Here is a typical case: A really fat woman was accused of shoplifting. There is a photograph of the woman with a table radio in her pants on one side, and three pairs of sneakers in her pants on the other side... just standing there looking dumb.

Every single one of the 83 cases was that clear, covering everything from the above to shootings.

When I was called to jury duty on a murder trial, a defense attorney asked if I could be impartial; I looked at the judge and said,

"I was foreman on a Grand Jury. If that guy is sitting there after a Grand Jury's finding, then he is very probably guilty."

Talk about a bomb. The lawyer almost peed himself getting me out of the courtroom.

oldmaninbc

Hey old man the cookies and crispy chicken sounds darn good. I'm doing good today, got my 6 miles of walks in. Smoking more flower than kief...the kief I made in the coffee grinder was starting to make me nauseous. Then I hit some flower and was like woah. Something up with that kief. Not sure what's for dinner. Have junior mints.
DB.. I mostly prefer flower, my old age has diminished my need for extra potency high. I find too that edibles requires less flower than smoking did. I use less cannabis now then I have ever used in my life. But I still use it everyday. I do want to make some hash and put it away for a time that might require a stronger potency because of my medical needs.

Sausage on a bun and a salad for supper tonight. With some peppers and onions fried up for the sausage on a bun. Plus a couple of Nanaimo bars.

Unca Walt

420club
Hoo boy. Fifty rounds with my new AK sight. It sighted in funny; the 10 o'clock hole was my first shot, so I adjusted the sight and that is where the 8 o'clock (8:35?) showed up. Adjusted one mo' time, and it was in the center of the bull. Then I ripped off 47 more rounds, doing the "one-two" count between shots.

Looks like I gotta move the aiming point again.

1719431282661.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts