What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

jokerman

Premium user
@jokerman
good morning. This is a song you may like.

Gina Furtado Project, the song shares a whimsical story about a little girl who grows up dreaming of living under the sea in a submersible craft. Just when you think it’s a fanciful number about childhood imagination, it veers into a lesson on gender equality.

Furtado described the odd genesis for Submarine.

“The idea for this song was not mine. A gentleman approached me after a show and insisted that I should write a song about the scarcity of women submarine sailors. I thought it was a bizarre idea, but it lingered in the back of my mind. Eventually, I did a late night, insomnia-driven Google search on the topic and discovered that women were not allowed on submarines in the US Navy until 2010.

Now, I may not know anything about submarines, but as a girl who was raised with starkly defined gender roles that almost never suited my personality and interests, I do know a thing or two about having dreams that are off limits for no reason besides not being a boy. True to bluegrass form in just one small way, this is the saddest song I’ve ever written, but with the happiest sounding tune.”

I can picture You singing that😊

oldfogey8

Yes, I’ve heard this. I have this blue one, a purple and a pink but I forgot what to add to change the soil what color. My grandma knew 🙂
Miracid(a Miracle Grow product) will turn them pink. I made a comment earlier about using nails in the ground under the plant to get varying colors on a single plant. It works. Learned it from a gardener in Cape May NJ. They have some gorgeous hydrangeas there.

oldfogey8

My boy Zig is pretty OCD/ADHD(or maybe he is just an active boy). He brought me this from the forest as I was sitting on my steps going to my backyard. I’m thinking coyote or maybe fox.
IMG_3454.jpeg

He is also obsessed with ice cubes. Every time he hears the freezer open, he comes running for a cube. He is odd…

giggy

Morning folks, had run out of my arthritis meds for a week. I'm telling you even my hair hurt. Got my first pay check yesterday, so I now have my meds. Not sure I want to go through this again. Wish I could get to my grow shed, sure do miss growing. Wife's mom got put in the hospital day before yesterday, low blood pressure and a utility. I knew something was up when she said there was a silver car in my driveway to just until I got home. The car in my daughter's and when I parked I blocked the view. A little while after that the wife and daughter had her at the hospital. A all night er then the wife went to work. She is sleeping now and I'm not waking up grumpy. Hope everybody has been good, we just trying our best.

OleReynard

My boy Zig is pretty OCD/ADHD(or maybe he is just an active boy). He brought me this from the forest as I was sitting on my steps going to my backyard. I’m thinking coyote or maybe fox. View attachment 19011585
He is also obsessed with ice cubes. Every time he hears the freezer open, he comes running for a cube. He is odd…
I give Tag ice cubes all the time, all my dogs liked ice.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have no idea but want to see it in action. Can you hook it up for us? 🤪
See below:
@jokerman
good morning. This is a song you may like.

Gina Furtado Project, the song shares a whimsical story about a little girl who grows up dreaming of living under the sea in a submersible craft. Just when you think it’s a fanciful number about childhood imagination, it veers into a lesson on gender equality.

Furtado described the odd genesis for Submarine.

“The idea for this song was not mine. A gentleman approached me after a show and insisted that I should write a song about the scarcity of women submarine sailors. I thought it was a bizarre idea, but it lingered in the back of my mind. Eventually, I did a late night, insomnia-driven Google search on the topic and discovered that women were not allowed on submarines in the US Navy until 2010.

Now, I may not know anything about submarines, but as a girl who was raised with starkly defined gender roles that almost never suited my personality and interests, I do know a thing or two about having dreams that are off limits for no reason besides not being a boy. True to bluegrass form in just one small way, this is the saddest song I’ve ever written, but with the happiest sounding tune.”

Yet another superpower revealed! You go girl!

Looks like a bong to smoke some drug we have not even invented yet.
The glass thingie is an ingenious essential oil separator and is actually two thingies. A bottom section in which a glass funnel with a long down tube sits.

Since the 1700’s the mono and sesquiterpenes for medical and the perfume industry have been separated from the plant material using saturated steam.

The condensed liquid from steam separation is poured into the funnel and allowed to overflow through the gooseneck on the left.

The essential oils floating on the top of the liquid are drawn by capillary action up the tube the funnel is inserted in, between the funnel downtube and the outer tube of the base. It is discharged from the spout on the right.

Essential Oil seperator-1.jpg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Morning folks, had run out of my arthritis meds for a week. I'm telling you even my hair hurt. Got my first pay check yesterday, so I now have my meds. Not sure I want to go through this again. Wish I could get to my grow shed, sure do miss growing. Wife's mom got put in the hospital day before yesterday, low blood pressure and a utility. I knew something was up when she said there was a silver car in my driveway to just until I got home. The car in my daughter's and when I parked I blocked the view. A little while after that the wife and daughter had her at the hospital. A all night er then the wife went to work. She is sleeping now and I'm not waking up grumpy. Hope everybody has been good, we just trying our best.
Sorry to hear about your wife's medical crisis brother Giggy! Have they determined the cause?

SubGirl

420club
See below:

Yet another superpower revealed! You go girl!

The glass thingie is an ingenious essential oil separator and is actually two thingies. A bottom section in which a glass funnel with a long down tube sits.

Since the 1700’s the mono and sesquiterpenes for medical and the perfume industry have been separated from the plant material using saturated steam.

The condensed liquid from steam separation is poured into the funnel and allowed to overflow through the gooseneck on the left.

The essential oils floating on the top of the liquid are drawn by capillary action up the tube the funnel is inserted in, between the funnel downtube and the outer tube of the base. It is discharged from the spout on the right.

View attachment 19011599
I was with you till the condensed liquid from steam separation part. 🤪

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning....took me the better part of an hour to catch up. By the time I caught up I forgot what all I have read.

Gonna be a nice day...grass is getting a drink as I type. Thinking I will start seeing some veggies breaking ground soon. Maters and peppers are doing good..with it hitting 80's today they should really take off. Giving nutes today.

More coffee.

Latest posts

Latest posts