What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

kevinn

I am not sure what other option I had, My intestine kept coming out and was getting harder and harder to put back, it can hurt quite a bit trying to get it back through. Plus, if it happens while I am out that is a big problem, the only way to put it in place, is to lay on my back and try move the intestine about until it slips back into place.

My wife's friend had her intestine come out of her hernia, she could not get it back and had to go to the emergency department. They could not get it back in and 6 hours later her intestine failed. She had to have that section cut out and have intestine resection, That situation is life threating.

I didn't think there was an alternative
I meant she regretted leaving the hospital.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes, it is a beer as well. A popular regional beer, well, it use to be. When I stated taking medications in my older age I had to quit drinking, so I haven't kept up on what's popular.
I quit drinking 🍸 about 12 years ago - and don't regret it at all - booze is great for mental heavyweights to dumb down with - but if you don't have the smarts in the first place - drinking into older age - would just wipe out whatever brain cells you had managed to retain - so leaving me moronic - cretinous even -

Last edited:

kaochiu

Veteran
Hope you feel better than yesterday, Gypsy, and also Boo, Giggy, Oldmaninbc and all others battling. Can't keep up, by the time I write anything there are many new pages, I need a secretary just for the ”likes”.
Now, for something completely different. My youngest niece is officially a collegiated lawyer from yesterday, so I can break any law I want now. But she paints too. When we get a family gathering the dogs have theirs too. This is a rare photo of all seven of them together, and the oil on canvas version she made, now hanging in the dining room.

Attachments

• IMG_0806.jpeg
    IMG_0806.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0812.jpeg
    IMG_0812.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24

Magu🌈

Good morning peoples. 😁 I hope you all got some sleep. You fellers need to keep your mind occupied and just hang loose until they let you out of hospital. I realize it sucks but the worry and stress will kill you faster than anything else. Hey Gypsy, If you could start your “dream breeding project” , What would you like to cross and why? Its funny that all those breeders you mentioned yesterday when you spoke about Zamal. I have written to all of them and did not know they were “big time” breeders. 😂 I only got access to the internet about 3 years ago so I dont have much knowledge about the modern pot scene. 🥸 🌈

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Just what I always wanted to be.....a test dummy......so far so good. Only pain is at the injection site.
While it might be tempting to see how far you can push things with your new freesom from pain, I would suggest that for the first 48 hours that you try to just take it as if you hadn't had the procedure done. Give it time to heal up and the new normal to take hold.

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
My first computer was a 386 assembled out of parts from other dead ones by the IT department where I worked for me. My second one was built from off the shelf components by my ex-BIL.

When it died, my ex-BIL recommended just buying one off the shelf for my kind of use, and my third was an HP from COSTCO. When it died I went through two Dells in just over a year and am back to HP.

My IT guy installed the previous HP and the last Dell drives in my new HP as auxiliary drives, so I still have access to their content.

The hardest part is running my 32 bit Auto CAD LT program on my 64 bit computer and if finally became convoluted enough that I purchased an old laptop for the Auto CAD 2002 and have it set up so that I can switch the screen and controls for the laptop to my regular keyboard and monitor.
Yeah, I've never owned a pre-built myself but from people I know that have, I've heard the most positive reviews from those that own HP brand. The only HP brand item I own is my printer which has served me well for the past 10+ years. It has a built in scanner which I probably use more then the printer function in order to get old photos and/or printed items into digital form to send out via email (like when I need to show a utility bill for proof of address for example).

The biggest complaint I have about pre-built systems is that they are all done in a propriatary way in order to force you to buy from the company if you want to upgrade or replace something. For example when I first met my wife she had a pre-built Sony computer. At some point her CD Drive died. At the time I was working for a wholesale computer parts distributor and was able to get the latest speed CD Drive for around $20. Now there was nothing particularly special about the original CD drive Sony put in there but they made it such that it mounted in a way that prevented you from using an off the shelf CD-Drive,, you could only replace it with another Sony Brand CD Drive which at the time they were selling for over $300. That experience more then anything else put me off from pre-built systems. Another issue though is they use propriatary drives and therefore a custom built Windows OS which meant if you ever wanted to upgrade your OS you had to get it from the manufacturer and whenever you wanted to update drivers you had to download them from the manufacturer. Most if not all of them give you a site where you can download their updated drivers but to me it was just a hassle to go that route rather then allow Microsoft to do it's periodic automated updates.

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
They pulled 2 liters out of my dad.
Went thru the back?
Yeah my Mother had a similar experience when she had an aortic valve replacment done in her late 80's. I never heard the amount they took out of her but the whole experience was so painful and bad that it made my Mother refuse to have anymore surgeries to prolong her life after that. As a result she passed a few years later at 93 because of a cancer that had developed near her gall bladder. Thy said that there was a good chance that the cancer could have been successfully removed but my mother opted instad to go on palliative care and then hospice care and then death a month later. I of course hated losing her but it was what she wanted and she said she had no regrets, that she lived a long fullfilling life and was ready to move on. I did find relief in her choice with what happened in the country not long after that because as a proud member of what they often call the greatest generation these days, she would have been really sad to see the direction things were going. I was glad that she didn't have to experience any of that.

HempKat

Veteran
Seems to go hand n hand.
At least they had ya there already, my dad was playing Mr Bonehead got the best of him.
He had to go back in.

Guess it don't matter what age or what shape you're in with something like this.
Procedure and outlook seem to be the same.
You'll be fine, my dad took on a more sedentary lifestyle afterwards.
Took retirement to a whole new level But seems to suit him and is working for him.
Just not much of a life sitting watching shit on tv
Age may matter or it could just be down to surgical skill. I had my open heart surgery for a double by-pass after a heart attack, at age 33. I had no issues with fluid build up other then what was covered by the drainage tubes they removed from me 3 days after the surgery. The change in how I felt began a new more active lifestyle that lasted for about 20 years until the opioid scare and the government over reaction that caused them to take my pain meds away for several years. Up to that point I was walking 5 miles a day and had few complaints that the hydracodone didn't fix. Without it though, I could no longer manage to walk a mile let alone 5 without being in severe pain. I became sedentary, gained weight, became diabetic, had to have a stent placed in my heart and a number of other health issues that likely wouldn't have happened if the government hadn't interfered with my treatment.

Last edited:

exoticrobotic

Age may matter or it could just be down to surgical skill.

mostly surgical skill.

A few surgeries ago my assisting surgeon came in on the day stinking of booze. He only had one eye, one leg and actually told me the whole team had been hard at it raving all weekend.

reminded me of fear n loathing but before i ciould say anything they'd injected me with the truth serum.

Unca Walt

420club
So far, it’s been a pretty good day for me. I feel like I’m wearing lead boots because my legs are extremely heavy, but I’m sitting down trimming my plants… after I get done trimming the two plants, I decided to rearrange my flower tent and put in four new plants for the next harvest, and then I sorted through my veg tent, which has been severely neglected, but I think I’ll get by there… I hit the wall exactly 5 o’clock and now I’m icing my back smoking a joint… it’s nice to have a good harvest, one that I can be proud of
That is a great bit of news. Try to keep it low and slow, brother.

HempKat

Veteran
When I returned to college I managed to gain a few hours of employment with the college as an assistant to the instructor. One of my jobs was to administer the TAP(talent assessment program), I would have to observe and record the students results. It was interesting to see how people would become frustrated doing certain actions, like assembling large bolts and nuts in contrast to assembling small bolts and nuts. Working with electronics or being a dentist would require an individual who can work with small objects in a confined space. A heavy duty mechanic would generally work with larger items. Students could show frustration while trying to handle these tasks.

I hope I am making sense I am somewhat spaced out and tired.
Yeah it makes sense but there's just one thing, it all comes down to the tool, if you had to build a computer using typical household tools it would be pretty frustrating if not impossible. Likewise if you had to rebuild a car engine using tools designed to fit in a pocket protector it too would likely be frustrating and near impossible.

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
'In for a penny - in for a pound' - as my old Mum used to say - RIP 🙏 -

I've just had the medical team inform me of what my immediate future will be - here in St Thomas's Hospital - and as long as I follow their agenda - I could most probably be out of here - and snuggled up on my little sofa at home by mid-week - next week 😀 -

Of course - before mid week next week comes to the fore - there will be lots of prodding and pricking - cuffing and arm strangling - for blood pressure statistics - x-ray's - and blood letting - with also perhaps - another spell of back-stabb'in - blood/fluid draining - thrown into the mix - for good measure - probably another spell or even two of heart/lung ultrasounding ta boot - and then there could even be a 'wild card' event - that I'm unaware of - at this time -

- all the while I will be chasing enough pain meds thru the medium of several nurses - at all times of the day and night - to ensure that I'm not going to get into some wild and crazy tizzy - thru the dark doors of maximum pain -

- oh what wonderful mystery and bountiful adventure awaits me!

HempKat

Veteran

I've just had the medical team inform me of what my immediate future will be - here in St Thomas's Hospital - and as long as I follow their agenda - I could most probably be out of here - and snuggled up on my little sofa at home by mid-week - next week 😀 -

Of course - before mid week next week comes to the fore - there will be lots of prodding and pricking - cuffing and arm strangling - for blood pressure statistics - x-ray's - and blood letting - with also perhaps - another spell of back-stabb'in - blood/fluid draining - thrown into the mix - for good measure - probably another spell or even two of heart/lung ultrasounding ta boot - and then there could even be a 'wild card' event - that I'm unaware of - at this time -

- all the while I will be chasing enough pain meds thru the medium of several nurses - at all times of the day and night - to ensure that I'm not going to get into some wild and crazy tizzy - thru the dark doors of maximum pain -

And to think...days ago you were getting out tomorrow. I'm thinking once you get past this, try avoiding that hospital in the future. :biggrin:

Magu🌈

Yes. But hopefully, when you get to go home you will be fixed and ready to start your life anew. 😁