What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Sun&Soil

This should be of interest to you good folks over the pond in the 🇺🇸.

It's racist to ask for ID when someone wants to vote, but it's not racist to require one when a person wants to search the internet. Makes perfect sense. This world is f'd!

I get closer to throwing my phone in the trash and going for a permanent walk in the woods every day. Selling all of my possessions and walking to the north pole is starting to sound less crazy then trying to be a productive and functional part of our ever increasing dysfunctional society.

oldfogey8

I defoliated slowly on the grow I have going now. The quadline thread I was using as a template recommended it. Any fan leaf that blocked a bud site was pinched off. I like how the plants look and I like the increased airflow as I have battled PM in the past. Also I like the light penetration. My colas lower down look better than I have ever seen in my grows. Since I changed up more variables than I kept constant on this grow, I can’t say if it has affected the yield but I am happy with how the grow is looking. Nice dense buds and no PM(though my RH has been low since it is winter). I have always wanted to do a side by side grow of clones to compare defoliation vs au natural but that will have to wait until next fall or winter. View attachment 18979650
@Putembk - that plant in the lower right is catnip(hint,hint). It likes the tent and my cats like the fresh ‘nip.

oldfogey8

It's racist to ask for ID when someone wants to vote, but it's not racist to require one when a person wants to search the internet. Makes perfect sense. This world is f'd!

I get closer to throwing my phone in the trash and going for a permanent walk in the woods every day. Selling all of my possessions and walking to the north pole is starting to sound less crazy then trying to be a productive and functional part of our ever increasing dysfunctional society.
Vote early and often(and especially vote in local elections-they are as important as state and fed if not more important). It worked for the folks making these laws(the globalist uniparty) in 2020 and 2022 so turnabout is fair play.

SubGirl

420club
I do. Several reasons. Mold, mildew, lower leaves and buds take energy away from the top of the canopy. And finally I like a clean looking plant.
Pute likes his plants a little on the naked side. 🤪 I defoliate because I usually have more plants than I should in my tent and I don’t like the leaves touching. Makes for problems with PM or increased humidity when cramped for space. I take the bottoms out, anything blocking a bud anything touching the sides or other leaves. I’ve had good luck with this practice in a tent. Outside I let them grow crazy and only pull ugly leaves off.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Pute likes his plants a little on the naked side. 🤪 I defoliate because I usually have more plants than I should in my tent and I don’t like the leaves touching. Makes for problems with PM or increased humidity when cramped for space. I take the bottoms out, anything blocking a bud anything touching the sides or other leaves. I’ve had good luck with this practice in a tent. Outside I let them grow crazy and only pull ugly leaves off.
Thinking you and I agree.

Unca Walt

420club
Yes - I have most certainly 'sown my wild oats' - as the saying goes - but saddened somewhat in that although I have stayed in touch and contributed to supporting the 3 kids I have had to leave behind in the Philippines 🇵🇭 - still I cannot go back there to see them - but often do WhatsApp - to chat with them - after the feds ruined my life out there in 2013 - one girl was born in early 2014 - and I've never even met her physically - although she knows me as her Dad now

- That movie looks interesting - Sir Alec Guiness was always one of my favourite actors -
My God. That is just awful. And it just isn't fair.

Unca Walt

420club
GENUINE HISTORY LESSON TIME:

I consider it my personal life-goal to combat the power of Winston Smith in Room 101 on this one historical FACT.

Big Brother has removed all traces of the truth about what General McAuliffe actually replied to the Germans who demanded the surrender of the 101st Airborne at Bastogne.

McAuliffe replied what French General Pierre Cambronne said when competely surrounded by the British at Waterloo who demanded his surrender:

"Merde!"

McAuliffe knew no interpreter would be needed for that famous ultimate response. A German would know it better than most Americans.

There would be a sheet circulated pronouncing McAuliffe's response. And the rest of the world would know of the heroic 101st Airborne.

But it was 1945. -- While Clark Gable had gotten away with, "Frankly lady, I don't give a damn." <-- that was the upper limit.

The puritanical Motion Picture Hays Code was in full effect.

No way could they tell the world McAuliffe had replied with one word:

"Shit!"

This simply could NOT BE TYPED AND DISSEMINATED AS STATED.

So it was motion picture Hays Code-censored to the now ubiquitous "Nuts!" for public release.

This used to be common knowledge among many GI families. There were a bunch of guys there (including one of my Family) and they all had relatives... so there used to be tens of thousands who knew the real story and the real answer.

This is another whack tap on Winston Smith's door.

The truth of Bastogne is not written anywhere on earth... except here. And I am 83.

Feel free to pass it on... but you will just be passing on what an old guy (who provably KNOWS) told you. One level diluted, you might say.

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Mostly cloudy with rain here, starting at 43F and predicted to reach 50F.

I got my upper plate relined yesterday and made it home in time to join Grayfox and Miss Layla at Alberta Park. We went there instead of Fernhill because there is less mud.

Working on a vaporizer design that is less harsh than the one I’ve been using and am waiting for parts.

I ordered new tee shirts and socks as mine are getting cardboard for arm pits from deodorant and some are sprouting holes.

Breakfast out this morning with Grayfox and Nutrition Magician at the Cadilliac.

Pricing out Apple air tags for our cars, so we can find them if they get stolen. Nothing seems safe anymore.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
My God. That is just awful. And it just isn't fair.
Well - that's life Unca Walt - sometimes it ain't fair - and you get delt a duff hand - I think that's its harder on the kids that I had to leave behind with their Mums - who are all ex-GF's - I do send regular funds to help out - and get lots of pics and chat from them - but it's not the same as actually seeing and knowing them for real -

Magu🌈

Well - that's life Unca Walt - sometimes it ain't fair - and you get delt a duff hand - I think that's its harder on the kids that I had to leave behind with their Mums - who are all ex-GF's - I do send regular funds to help out - and get lots of pics and chat from them - but it's not the same as actually seeing and knowing them for real -
I truely hope that your situation changes and you get to meet your daughter. I can only imagine how it weighs on your mind. 😞

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
good morning all you Cool Cats

lemme tell yas , when the adductor magnus cramps up , it is enough pain to cause a human to pass out

The "inner thigh" muscle is known as the adductor magnus. It starts above the legs and runs down the medial (inner) side of the thigh. It keeps the legs from plopping outward while we stand or walk. The adductor magnus is a powerful muscle that has not just one but two nerve connections to the spine, making it (please forgive the oversimplification) twice as susceptible to transmitting pain signals.

more magnesium for me

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
good morning all you Cool Cats

lemme tell yas , when the adductor magnus cramps up , it is enough pain to cause a human to pass out

The "inner thigh" muscle is known as the adductor magnus. It starts above the legs and runs down the medial (inner) side of the thigh. It keeps the legs from plopping outward while we stand or walk. The adductor magnus is a powerful muscle that has not just one but two nerve connections to the spine, making it (please forgive the oversimplification) twice as susceptible to transmitting pain signals.

more magnesium for me
What sort of Magnesium are you taking? - there are many varieties - Taurate - Citrate - Oxide etc - some are more effective than others -