What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
51 here , 84 high

time for coffee

IMG_2783.jpeg

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
It's Thanksgiving weekend here and I just took out the frozen turkey, says it will thaw in 2-3 days. I should have taken it out yesterday, oh well, whatever. No rules for the 2 of us, turkey dinner on Sunday or Monday.

We like a turkey shepherds pie, tastes just like a turkey dinner, except it's all in one dish. That's one way to use up leftovers.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving buddy! We don't have anything until November 28th. I'm looking forward to turkey and stuffing my mom showed me how to make the best stuffing it's got sausage in it

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm off to The Royal Albert Hall tonight - to see David Gilmour in action - gotta meet up with oldpink at 3pm - then have a meal at a Thai Restaurant before the music - should be good - will be the 2nd time I've seen Gilmour at The Albert Hall - since I went quite a few years ago to see him there - great acoustics - great music - and it's ages since I went to a live gig - other than seeing my son play his ukulele at his school fair this last summer ☀️

Wish I could just phone International Rescue - (The Thunderbirds) - to help get Boo's yard/garden sorted out - after the very recent storm - out there on that big sandbar with Aligators - over the pond - called Florida -

View attachment 19082066
Mutt Pup caught red handed - chewing my socks up above - he looks guilty 😔 - lol

Deer in the headlights look!

Old Uncle Ben

Got my order from Mandala seeds. Stealth to the nth degree! Their service is like no other.

Got a couple of seedlings that have NO vigor. It's got to be a root issue as roots drive the rest. I had pythium rot few months ago with this mix I'm using and lost 4 precious seedlings, Ace Panama X Malawi and 2 Golden Tiger X Panama. Sowed tomato seeds failed too. Have 2 seedlings left after trying again, new one being the GT X Panama.

To kill/ward off soil issues my plan is to drench the pots with a Captan WP mix and spray with a copper sulfate pentahydrate, Magnabon CS2005. Every gardener should have one of the copper fungicides in their toolbox. And yes, they are labeled for consumables, have a short half life. Come early flowering I will foliar spray with copper.

Anyhoo, this should take care of any phytophora, pythium and/or bacteria issues. Hopefully the vigor will pickup with new root output.

The GT is getting natural light, my Positronics cross done 26 years ago is under LED's, 18/6.

Haven't had the time to read the latest. Anyone heard from Boo?

UB

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts