What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Colo lawmakers deny this is happening. Even though it’s been recorded. Downtown Denver is dangerous after dark.
I stay in the suburbs above the city. Mrs Pute won go farther than the grocery store. I take her everywhere else. My daughter works from home but does go to the office mid day once a month.
Hard to believe this has happened.
Yes we stay in a lot and don’t go out much after dark although daylight can be just as bad. We have someone shooting someone almost every day sometimes right where we were earlier so I guess we have just been lucky. We have been mostly home since Covid. Got use to it I guess and seems like a safer way of life these days although getting out is still fun until it is not I guess…

oldfogey8

Farg…
IMG_4286.jpeg

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
We are the victim demographic unfortunately until we use what we are strapped up with to protect ourselves. Then we are crazed right-wing gun fanatics(and usually they throw in a ‘racist’ or ‘homophobe’ moniker too).😡
My advice is live where like minded people make and enforce the laws.
One of the many reasons we left Florida.
They talk a great 2A game there but the reality is they hate armed citizens same as the left.
Nothing equals a firearm for creating equality ime.
The first antigun laws in America were race related by..........the same party still trying to take them today.

Goldhedge

An old, retired sailor puts on his old uniform and heads for the docks
once more for old time’s sake. He engages a prostitute and takes her up
to a room.

He’s soon going at it as well as he can for a guy his age, but needing
some reassurance, asks “How am I doing Darlin?”

The prostitute replies, “Well old sailor, you’re doing about three
knots.”

“Three knots?” he asks, "What’s that supposed to mean?"
She replies, “You’re knot hard, you’re knot in, and you’re knot getting
your money back.”

Goldhedge

paying your mortgage off early is always a good idea. people don't do it too often because they usually buy as much house as the monthly mortgage they can afford will allow and then they just pay that monthly mortgage and maybe if interest rates drop low the refinance for a lower mortgage but then just go back to paying the monthly amount. The house I now own I bought at just over $100,000 and at the time the best rate I could get was 7.5 percent. On the paperwork you sign ehrn you set up a mortgage, there is a part that shows what you end up paying in total by the end of the 30 years. I was shocked to discover that when it was all said and done I would have paid almost $750,000 for my $100,000 house. Unfortunately because of my financial situation it was a struggle to just pay the monthly payment for the first 15 years Around that time my Mother passed and my share of the inheritance I got from her was about $125,000 which i immediately took to pay off the approximately $70,000 I still owed (this happens because the first 5 years the monthly payment goes almost entirely to interest) I'm not sure how much I ended up saving by paying it off when I could be it was likely around 3 to 4 times what the price of the house was when I bought it. I was so glad to get out from having to pay all that extra money. The only downside is with it being paid off the bank isn't taking care of your insurance and taxes thru an escrow account so you have to stay on top of that yourself by setting roughly the same amount as your escrow payment aside on your own and then pay the tax and insurance yourself when it comes due. Which is a minor inconvenience in light of the interest you can spare yourself from.
If you pay 1 extra payment per year toward the principle you can reduce a 30 year to 21 year mortgage.

Also, if you can break the payment up to twice a month it reduces the overall amount.

It's criminal that they (bankers) get the lion's share of interest at the beginning of the mortgage. Any extra you pay up front to the principle reduces the length of the mortgage and the interest.

Good morning troops.

You as well, getting cold ! wear a hat!
If your feet are cold... wear a hat!