What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldfogey8

Appliance repair is easy,fun and way cheaper than calling someone in.
As long as you can get good parts. The control panel on our Bosch dishwasher shit the bed. Bought what was supposed to be an OEM replacement. The only button that worked was the start button. Couldn’t change cycles. Put the old board back in(some functions worked but not the start button). I could change cycles(I just wanted to verify I had hooked everything up correctly and hadn’t damaged any connectors. Re-installed the new board. Same issue. Got the vendor to send a replacement. They didn’t want to first one they sent me so I am guessing it was a known issue. New controller has the same issue.😡 Not worth screwing around with it anymore. It cleans the dishes.

Unca Walt

420club
Good to see ya back Walt - we used to have Sheriff's over here back in medieval times - I haven't seen any lately - maybe they are hiding? -
Yowza, we gots sheriff's over here. They have peculiar power. And yessir, the concept is based on the Brits.

A sheriff can tell the Feds to piss off. (eg: Feds say bump stocks illegal. Sheriff says eat shit and die, Fed. They are OK in my county.) A whole lotta other neato stuff, too.

The Sheriff down here in Floriduh gets on TV and says, "Some folks plan on rioting and burning. I suggest they do not try that here. Floridians like guns. They have guns. They can and will legally blow your head off with my blessing if you decide to violate their homes."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is a no-shit TV speech. You would be amazed at the extremely low gun crime rate there is around here.

Compare to Chicago, where the DEI sheriff ensures no one has guns (*snork*) <-- 929 shot dead in 2022

Unca Walt

420club
I’m over the avg but not by much. I do have a crossbow and a high power pellet gun along with various BB guns. My wrist rockets need new hoses.
Oooh oooh. I just put a laser on my Empire HellHound crossbow. I love the beast, but it is simply no fargin good for futzin' around target shooting. It requires two-looped handle thingies to load it. (185#)

But it shoots through Kevlar. TINS
1726588934744.png

To quote Danny Vermin from Johnny Dangerously: "It shoots through schools."

Unca Walt

420club
I’m over the avg but not by much. I do have a crossbow and a high power pellet gun along with various BB guns. My wrist rockets need new hoses.
Now donchew begin slidin' off to other weapons. I begin at my ancient family katana:

1726589380533.jpeg

Continue with my rare saw-tooth German bayonet (Penalty in 1915 for even just having one: the French would cut the nose off the German for having it because of the terrible wounds the forward-facing double sawtooth made.)

1726589814875.png
1726589892295.png

Then its just swords, hangers, cutlasses, sword-cane, bayonets (hard fixed and loose) some brass knucks and a Ridgeway pineapple grenade. I am pretty sure I skipped something on that list... Oh. A cannon.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Irwin still makes decent tools for the cost.
I've also had good luck with Milwaukee, but still have most of my old tools and haven't bought any new ones recently.
We always take a ball at the vet from the free ball bin. Thanks to Miss Layla from Arlo this morning. I had to break out the bag of new toys this morning and find a stuffy to keep him busy this morning since we are missing our walk to the park. My bedroom is always covered in sheets and blankets to protect the lousy carpet that is on the list to change out to hardwood soon. Those poodle paws are mops in the mud…
View attachment 19067986
Miss Layla says Arlo is welcome for any part she may have played!
Surly a worlds record☝️
Not even close to Miss Layla's record or Heidi Ho's! Think dozens............
Really when active working and had hands that were calloused and always wore good work boots.
Now my hands are soft as a jelly donut
Alas, now even your hands.........................

Latest posts

Latest posts