What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Welcome in.

Stairs present their own interesting problem. I'm still learning lead with the good going up and lead with the bad leg going down. God forbid I f*** it up and lead with the bad leg going the wrong direction. It just collapses under me and I all but hit the floor so I really have to get it straight in my head before I start up or down the stairs. The place I'm using has six steps to get into the house. Face the railing and sidestep up the stairs.
Today I chose a walking stick, skinny fence post just over waist high? It fooled everybody but me...
I liked it, but the side I need it on has the bad hand.
Peace farmerlion

BrassNwood

Veteran
Today I chose a walking stick, skinny fence post just over waist high? It fooled everybody but me...
I liked it, but the side I need it on has the bad hand.
Peace farmerlion
It's counterintuitive but you actually need the walking tool on the good side. It moves out when the bad foot moves out.

I'm lucky I didn't lose control of the left arm as it's got a big dead patch under the left forearm that I can't feel anything on.

The right arm is the only thing that seems to have come through unscathed. Functions normally and feels normal. Can tell hot cold on it. Pin Prick feels like a pin prick

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Good Morning Folks
its still dark out, but I aint scared,

Quote of the Day: "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."
Pierre Teilhard de Chardin -Electrician, Philosopher (1881 - 1955)
These were very well spoken and understood words. I have heard them used in other sermons and have used them myself in testimonials.

The Commandments/rules for life have been set. Our ability to navigate in faith is refined through failures and adversities.

Unable to redeem or sanctify ourselves, Jesus became that which we could not. The purification to Holiness the redemption of Sirit filled life.
Peace farmerlion

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Just waiting for my daughter to get ready for the gym 🏋️‍♂️ and swim this morning 🌄 - and I wonder how many hours/days/months or even years of my life I have spent waiting for women/girls to sort themselves out - before we go out - I even told my daughter to be ready by 11am - and now it's 11.19am - so that's another 20 minutes added to the score at least - 'cos she's still not ready - lol 🙃

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just waiting for my daughter to get ready for the gym 🏋️‍♂️ and swim this morning 🌄 - and I wonder how many hours/days/months or even years of my life I have spent waiting for women/girls to sort themselves out - before we go out - I even told my daughter to be ready by 11am - and now it's 11.19am - so that's another 20 minutes added to the score at least - 'cos she's still not ready - lol 🙃
Hee, hee, hee, same problem here and no good answers..................

Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Another gorgeous day starting at 63F and predicted to reach 97F.

I replaced $65 worth of hoses yesterday, after only one season on them. One hose split in two places and the two soaker hoses were plugged and barely flowing.

Breakfast out at Gravy this morning with Grayfox and Nutrition Magician and then mostly frolicking, tiptoeing through the tulips, and wanton debauchery.

cola

Good Morning All (OF's):

Wishing each and every one of you, a pleasant morning, wonderful day, and outstanding evening.
I am currently pretty tied up with projects and work, so wanted to start with a daily check in hello.
Today is Thursday and one day closer to the weekend on Friday. Will be glad for the break. TGIT!!!

See you all tomorrow (again)! (y):)

Unca Walt

420club
Day two at home. Now I know just how broken I really am. Screwed up pain sensation reaches down both legs and up under my arms on both sides. The right leg functions but has limited pain sensitivity.

The left leg is a whole new ball game. Remember I've been in bed for over a month so it's going to be a while to really recover assuming the full functionality returns. I'm trying to not use the ankle brace because the ankle is weak but after about noon I'm stuck putting it back on because it just won't hold. By 4:00 yesterday I could barely walk at all.

Using a cane is really sketchy. I can do about four steps before I need to reach out and grab something. The big four-wheeled stroller walker is my new best friend.

I got to check out the plants in the yard yesterday but I'm completely unable to deal with anything to do with them. They're on the puny side because nobody was there to fertilize them in their best growing month. The biggest are about 5 ft tall on the Western exposure side. That hot late afternoon sun really makes a difference.

The VA called this morning to make my first outpatient physical therapy appointment which the earliest they can see me is September 10th. I think I'll be walking unassisted by then. I won't need the f****** therapy. I thought the two weeks they stalled me getting into inpatient therapy was bad. Holy s***. It looks like we'll be investigating private physical therapy or just signing me up for a month at LA fitness. I really think the use of a shallow end of a pool where I could get the gravity off of the leg would be best. More like the isometrics I do in bed.
That is just so farkin wrong on so many levels.

The above is the quintessential example. @BrassNwood has real, genuine, SERIOUS need of VA therapy. But he is a grunt. Not a member of the higher class.

Answer this yourself honestly: If BrassNwood was a four-star general. Would he be able to have a session scheduled for him... TODAY?

As an ex-GI Congressman... could he have any scheduled time he requested?

jokerman

Premium user
Girls need time to get ready .
Not easy being beautiful,

Latest posts

Latest posts