What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Done farting around in the basement. To hot to go outside. There is something on the tube that starts at 2 mountain time.

Studying up on the bond market. Tax free muni's vs taxable. I can get 4.25% tax free on a 10 year bond. Other taxable can pay up to 10%. Currently trying to figure out it this is taxed as income or capitol gains.

Also looking into if both me an Mrs Pute passes before the 10 years is up. Can my daughter assume and even get a pay on death clause.

Yes Walt i am looking at more silver as well.......no bitcoin though....something about bitcoin makes me think it can go poof overnight.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Done farting around in the basement. To hot to go outside. There is something on the tube that starts at 2 mountain time.

Studying up on the bond market. Tax free muni's vs taxable. I can get 4.25% tax free on a 10 year bond. Other taxable can pay up to 10%. Currently trying to figure out it this is taxed as income or capitol gains.

Also looking into if both me an Mrs Pute passes before the 10 years is up. Can my daughter assume and even get a pay on death clause.

Yes Walt i am looking at more silver as well.......no bitcoin though....something about bitcoin makes me think it can go poof overnight.
right, like what backs bitcoin other than other people holding bitcoin*
/then there is the whole shenanigans where i think there whales who hold all the bit coin and can manipulate the market
im not a bond investor, but i know there are some great yeids in the stock market
im not expecting to get rich overnight, but it sure feels good to get paid while you wait

*the boy and his friend are all into investing and they all have holdings in crypto
ponzi scheme much?

Last edited:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
im not a bond investor, but i know there are some great yeids in the stock market
im not expecting to get rich overnight, but it sure feels good to get paid while you wait
I have never invested in bonds before as well. I am looking at an oil and gas company and the yields are quit attractive. My main apprehension if the Dems remain in power they are trying to limit or ultimately shut down the industry. However, if the conservative party re-assumes power......DRILL BABY DRILL.....

OleReynard

Probably smells from all that farting around, there kropduster

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
I have never invested in bonds before as well. I am looking at an oil and gas company and the yields are quit attractive. My main apprehension if the Dems remain in power they are trying to limit or ultimately shut down the industry. However, if the conservative party re-assumes power......DRILL BABY DRILL.....
Fossil fuel isn't going anywhere except up in value.
The whole ev,green,clean Energy scams about run its course this decade.

Magu🌈

That is an interesting idea. Im not arguing with you but when Obama was in office I signed an oil lease that set me up for life with a new lease payment when they resigned every 5 years. When Trump got in office he allowed the Keystone pipeline to resume. That brought in all that cheap foreign oil from Canada. That caused the price of oil to drop. At that point the oil companies could not afford to drill and frack horizontal wells. All the oil drilling rigs left the area looking for easier pickins. This area’s economy was devastated over night and has never recovered. The propaganda was just another lie by corrupt politicians.

oldmaninbc

Woke up with a severe hamstring cramp got my ass out the bed pronto.
Pretty rare for me but we did do a lot of running last night.
Simply stunning at night here makes it easy to do.
High of 71 today much nicer weather.
Hey dogzter, I am glad you pointed out the night. I have memories of full moon nights in the mountains. Especially in a wide open valley or on a high elevation lookout.

I have stayed at a very high elevation forestry lookout tower cabin; used during fire season, but open to the people that know about it during off season, it just captures your mind on a full moon, an experience you don't forget.

Long before I ever learnt about the lookout people were going there. In years gone by someone built this big chair made out of slabs of stone. It's built very close to the edge of a drop off with a great view of the surrounding area. To sit there and experience the emotions is awesome.

If your familiar with TV show Game of Thrones that's the kind of vibe the stone slab chair gives off.

Are we not lucky!

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
That is an interesting idea. Im not arguing with you but when Obama was in office I signed an oil lease that set me up for life with a new lease payment when they resigned every 5 years. When Trump got in office he allowed the Keystone pipeline to resume. That brought in all that cheap foreign oil from Canada. That caused the price of oil to drop. At that point the oil companies could not afford to drill and frack horizontal wells. All the oil drilling rigs left the area looking for easier pickins. This area’s economy was devastated over night and has never recovered. The propaganda was just another lie by corrupt politicians.
Thanks for the info. Interesting.

oldmaninbc

The oil sands in Alberta produce about 80% of the oil in Canada, foreign business interests in the oil sands is 70%.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Fossil fuel isn't going anywhere except up in value.
The whole ev,green,clean Energy scams about run its course this decade.
right, people need fuel/ energy to live

either way its a good bet especially if they offer an above market dividend rate
fracking is actually expensive and unless the price of oil is a certain point its just not worth it economically
yeah! f'trump and his cheap canadian oil!
im paying about $5/g right now and its just going to get worse
kill jobs much?

/no offense @Magu🌈 i like you!!
so they did not renew your lease? for your land

OleReynard

right, people need fuel/ energy to live

either way its a good bet especially if they offer an above market dividend rate

fracking is actually expensive and unless the price of oil is a certain point its just not worth it economically
yeah! f'trump and his cheap canadian oil!
im paying about $5/g right now and its just going to get worse
kill jobs much?

/no offense @Magu🌈 i like you!!
so they did not renew your lease? for your land
We got 3.11 gas here