What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Digger102

Veteran
Re-started the Stamets Protocol this week. It is supposed to help with nerve regeneration. It is a microdose of psilocybin, a half a gram of Lions Mane mycelium and 50 mg of Niacin. 4 days on, 3 days off for a month. Take a couple weeks off and repeat.I know for me, it improves my mood. Iā€™ve been a grouchy fk lately and needed to reset. Last time I tried it, I was able to feel my feet better. The feeling was a bit painful and burning but it beats the hell out of numbness weirdly. I was walking around with a thorn in my foot for a while and didnā€™t realize it until it hot a bit infected. Stepped on a sharp cut forsythia stem today and felt it. Not much but it is a start.
Is the microdose of psylocybin a certain amount, say half a gram or more or less?

oldfogey8

Is the microdose of psylocybin a certain amount, say half a gram or more or less?
The definition of a microdose is basically the amount needed to not really feel any effects. Depends on the strain. 150 mg (a bit over 1/8th of a gram)of Golden Teacher was a good microdose for me. Penis Envy is a lot stronger. I now split my 150 mg capsules of PE into about three doses(so 50 mg). I use a small food processor to bring up my boomers into a powder and put the powder into gelatin capsules. Once I load the capsules(I think they are #2ā€™s), I weight 50 of them and subtract out the weight of 50 empty capsules. Divide that number by 50 and it will tell you how much is in each capsule(approximately). If you have a good scale that measures low weights, you could use that for better accuracy but I am a cheap old fart and donā€™t have one. My microdose of choice is to be able to just barely feel the effects.

Digger102

Veteran
I am not a ā€œpuristā€ by any stretch of the imagination

but yeah , in my experience they did knock the hell out of the trichomes and gummed up
the silicone fingers pretty good..

but yeah , with just one of those bowls a single person could knock down 5 or more pounds real quick
That wasnā€™t directed at you Big, Iā€™m catching up on the thread. Some people hate them, but they not as bad as some would make people believe.

Digger102

Veteran
My next grow purchase will be that bowl trimmer with a motor........only crank I wanna work is mine.
šŸ˜†
Down to the last two pairs of protrim elites with only one backup left.
Cloudious9 has a similar pair but they're stuck on suck mode.
šŸ˜ 
Put a zip tie on the handle and crank ya yank, two birds with one stone. When youre finished itā€™s time for a smoke anyway.

oldfogey8

I am not a ā€œpuristā€ by any stretch of the imagination

but yeah , in my experience they did knock the hell out of the trichomes and gummed up
the silicone fingers pretty good..

but yeah , with just one of those bowls a single person could knock down 5 or more pounds real quick
Can the silicone fingers be soaked in Everclear to reclaim the trichs as tincture or RSO? I realize the tincture wouldnā€™t be decarbed but I think GW posted a way of decarbing tincture.

Digger102

Veteran
The definition of a microdose is basically the amount needed to not really feel any effects. Depends on the strain. 150 mg (a bit over 1/8th of a gram)of Golden Teacher was a good microdose for me. Penis Envy is a lot stronger. I now split my 150 mg capsules of PE into about three doses(so 50 mg). I use a small food processor to bring up my boomers into a powder and put the powder into gelatin capsules. Once I load the capsules(I think they are #2ā€™s), I weight 50 of them and subtract out the weight of 50 empty capsules. Divide that number by 50 and it will tell you how much is in each capsule(approximately). If you have a good scale that measures low weights, you could use that for better accuracy but I am a cheap old fart and donā€™t have one. My microdose of choice is to be able to just barely feel the effects.
Thanks! I think Iā€™m going to move on to shrooms after I get a few pounds of bud stashed away for me and the wife. I thought I was taking a break from growing soon, but Iā€™m about start beans, buy beans and go beg/trade for more. Lmao

Digger102

Veteran
times sure have changed

back in the 60ā€™s we got a bag of weed full of stems and seeds for $10 bucks a lid

pass a joint around with 3 other people and everyone is high as fvck for 3-4 hours

today one buys a nice ounce of top shelf flowers for $2-300 dollars with zero stems and no seeds , very pretty to look at , smokes a
joint with one other person and
30 minutes later comes down and needs to smoke another joint

wtf happened?
Exactly what they wanted to happen!! That designed herb is modern day crack, a short lived high and you stay coming back for more.

oldfogey8

You can make a cheap ā€œstill air boxā€. I made one with junk that I had laying around. Put a towel soaked with bleach water on the bottom.
Thanks. I made one and use it to inoculate my medium. Spray down the inside with ISO and use a 10% bleach soaked towel. I think part of my issue could also be the period of time it takes to fully colonize. The PE mushrooms I have grown seem to take forever to colonize. I made some BRF cakes a month or so ago and put them outside to hopefully get something. Did that last summer and got a couple of flushes. I have being lazy and cheap to blame too.šŸ˜‚

Digger102

Veteran
Can the silicone fingers be soaked in Everclear to reclaim the trichs as tincture or RSO? I realize the tincture wouldnā€™t be decarbed but I think GW posted a way of decarbing tincture.
The resin doesnā€™t stick to the silicone that badly, and you control the speed. Youā€™re not going to be going fast enough to get all your resin on the fingers. Donā€™t think salad spinner, think of it like stirring a bucket full to the rim with a liquid and you dont want to go fast enough to spill any over the sides.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Exactly what they wanted to happen!! That designed herb is modern day crack, a short lived high and you stay coming back for more.
Disagree, for me any way. I used to go through an oz a week. I don't smoke anywhere near that now. Plus, last night before dinner I took 3 and or 4 hits of TK X LB and was so stoned i could hsrdly concentrate enough to drive.