What's new

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Latest photo at 19 days of 12/12.
Temps in the room are a bit low , sometimes dropping to 65 F if I don't monitor regularly, particularly on cold winter days but they are progressing well.
I defoliated fairly heavily a while back in order to expose bud sites but it didn't slow them down at all.
Didn't receive my bottle of Pure Blend so I'm still feeding 1 tsp. of Floranova bloom per gallon of water along with 2.5 ml of calmag. .
Any more than that and I see a small amount of tip burn on the newer leaves.
The tops are a litle more yellow than I'd like them to be but I'm attributing that to the lower temperatures.
698867919.jpg

Stinkle

Latest photo at 19 days of 12/12.
Temps in the room are a bit low , sometimes dropping to 65 F if I don't monitor regularly, particularly on cold winter days but they are progressing well.
I defoliated fairly heavily a while back in order to expose bud sites but it didn't slow them down at all.
Didn't receive my bottle of Pure Blend so I'm still feeding 1 tsp. of Floranova bloom per gallon of water along with 2.5 ml of calmag. .
Any more than that and I see a small amount of tip burn on the newer leaves.
The tops are a litle more yellow than I'd like them to be but I'm attributing that to the lower temperatures.
View attachment 18813435
Hey Capt,Nice grow man,quick question.
What size res are you running in these buckets?
Also how did she end up?

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
The drain hole is about 2 1/2 inches up from the bottom of the pot creating a res. that holds just under 2 quarts .
They aren't finished yet . Today is day 30 of 12/12.
They are somewhat leafy but Ive been busy and havent had time to defoliate as much as I should have.
7March23.jpg

Nefrella

Plants look amazing! Quick question about the hempy buckets and prolonged watering. I'm going on a trip and have mine in smaller buckets that require watering every other day. Would putting them in a tote with water be acceptable? Not trying to move the drain holes, just add enough water to get them thru 9 days without water. I have a couple other plants in 3 gallon containers that I'm currently watering every 3rd day, those might survive. Help!! Thanks gromies :)

goingrey

Plants look amazing! Quick question about the hempy buckets and prolonged watering. I'm going on a trip and have mine in smaller buckets that require watering every other day. Would putting them in a tote with water be acceptable? Not trying to move the drain holes, just add enough water to get them thru 9 days without water. I have a couple other plants in 3 gallon containers that I'm currently watering every 3rd day, those might survive. Help!! Thanks gromies :)
Well after the tote water level goes below the drainage hole on the buckets, what then?

Nefrella

Well after the tote water level goes below the drainage hole on the buckets, what then?
Well, I do have a friend stopping by the house, but I don't think that two small plants can suck down 10 gallons of water, but I've been wrong before. Worst case scenario, I make up buckets of water and have them fed 1x in the middle of the trip and hope for the best. Trying to not make it a huge burden on my friend so i'm growing out the few left and will only have a few for her to water.

goingrey

Well, I do have a friend stopping by the house, but I don't think that two small plants can suck down 10 gallons of water, but I've been wrong before. Worst case scenario, I make up buckets of water and have them fed 1x in the middle of the trip and hope for the best. Trying to not make it a huge burden on my friend so i'm growing out the few left and will only have a few for her to water.
LOL here is a piece of true art to show what I mean. With hempy buckets the hole is on the side no?

1678823942191.png

I was thinking some kind of wick. Polyester string maybe? But sure with a big tote you can have a lot of water above the line I guess. For some reason I feel weird about having so much of the substrate be submerged though, because. you know, fluid dynamics... But maybe it's ok.

No way a couple of small plants will go through 10 gallons in 9 days that is certain.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
A water pump connected to a timer, put in a water reservoir could help you without risking the plants health. Just get a cheap submersible pump, some hose, measure how much it will pump per minute and program it on a timer to whatever time it needs to be on in minutes, to give enaugh water for 2-3 days.

Stinkle

Alright legends, question...
I've just been given these new nutrients to try from the guy that makes them,he said they will be fine in buckets but my guts saying the opposite.This will be my 3rd indoor grow and 1st hempy grow.I've been growing outdoor since 98 so I have a bit of plant understanding and knowledge.
My buckets are 10 litre buckets,hole 2 inches from the bottom,clay balls filled just above the hole and 70/30 Coco/perlite.
What's everyone's opinion on the seaweed,microbe and fulvic inputs?
Give them a run in hempy's or go full synthetic?
Cheers🤘

Mike Parent

Alright legends, question...
I've just been given these new nutrients to try from the guy that makes them,he said they will be fine in buckets but my guts saying the opposite.This will be my 3rd indoor grow and 1st hempy grow.I've been growing outdoor since 98 so I have a bit of plant understanding and knowledge.
My buckets are 10 litre buckets,hole 2 inches from the bottom,clay balls filled just above the hole and 70/30 Coco/perlite.
What's everyone's opinion on the seaweed,microbe and fulvic inputs?
Give them a run in hempy's or go full synthetic?
Cheers🤘
You probably moved on but those ingredients are fine for Hempys. Once the roots hit the reservoir growth will explode.
Next run, use 5 gallon pots. JM2¢

SmokeyDawson

Hey everyone,I'm completely new to hempy buckets.I've just dropped some seeds into soak and I've got my hempys set up ready to go.
I see so much contradictory information out there about feeding hempys,I get water till roots hit the res.
My question is should I use the passive hydro feed chart below as a rough guide to feeding my buckets and increase or decrease as the plant needs.
Will it be ok to use as a rough guide?

goingrey

Hey everyone,I'm completely new to hempy buckets.I've just dropped some seeds into soak and I've got my hempys set up ready to go.
I see so much contradictory information out there about feeding hempys,I get water till roots hit the res.
My question is should I use the passive hydro feed chart below as a rough guide to feeding my buckets and increase or decrease as the plant needs.
Will it be ok to use as a rough guide?
Can't see the chart but yes Hempy buckets would be passive hydro so the chart should be good. Often the suggestions manufacturers give are way too strong though so could start with half of what they recommend.

SmokeyDawson

Can't see the chart but yes Hempy buckets would be passive hydro so the chart should be good. Often the suggestions manufacturers give are way too strong though so could start with half of what they recommend.
Sorry it won't let me upload the chart I've been sitting here trying since I posted the first post.
This pretty much sums it up though...
Veg EC 0.8
Transition E.C 1.0
Flower EC 1.1-1.3

Reactions: pim

goingrey

Sorry it won't let me upload the chart I've been sitting here trying since I posted the first post.
This pretty much sums it up though...
Veg EC 0.8
Transition E.C 1.0
Flower EC 1.1-1.3
Different strains have different needs but those values look reasonable I think it's a good baseline.