What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

the Mexican Landraces Thread

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The suspect Thai is starting to foxtail now and still has prob a month to go at least. and some sour notes are coming in but she mainly smells like the orange zest powder in the spice rack lol. Starting to lean toward it being one of the Thai F1 crosses or one of the haze recreation seeds she made

View attachment 19061473
View attachment 19061472
View attachment 19061474 View attachment 19061475

The one thing all the land race lineage plants seem to share in common, is that they perform as well outdoors as these modern lineages so indoors. These plants never turned out like this for me indoors. I popped em here just because I had room. Outdoors they have straight up blown my mind.

P.s. I'm not trying to sell seeds, or clones, nor trade. And no idea who this lord of loud is. However, i have seeds on the way and will happily share them, no dollars or trades involved, but im not here to hype strains or try and make sells, just talk to people who may know what theyre talking about with plants like this, Because most growers of today have never even seen plants like these growing in person let alone grown any of em outside. These are special plants and it's reinvigorating to discover them first hand. Havent been this excited about growing cannabis is a long time. It's been a rough season for septoria and stuff here. These plant's are carrying my entire season on their shoulders at this point, and not even breaking a sweat.

Over the last 3 seasons I've seen landraces and some sativa leaners do best outside. 👌

I see alot of over nuting and issues with even the most experienced growers indoors.

You def are bang on with bugs and vigor and natural soil and landraces, like everything else you have mentioned.

As far as lord of loud goes, please Don't let my fan club derail you or this incredible thread

I'm going to take some sundown Pics of the acapulcos tomorrow. Even jam packed with seeds they look spectacular.

Over the last 3 seasons I've seen landraces and some sativa leaners do best outside. 👌

I see alot of over nuting and issues with even the most experienced growers indoors.

You def are bang on with bugs and vigor and natural soil and landraces, like everything else you have mentioned.

As far as lord of loud goes, please Don't let my fan club derail you or this incredible thread

I'm going to take some sundown Pics of the acapulcos tomorrow. Even jam packed with seeds they look spectacular.
oh shit, your profile pic.

Lmao. Yea, this definitely looks like a conversation with yourself 🤣🫠 Especially with my handle.

Last edited:

Its def rare you see a photo posted of a ripe flower grown indoors now a days that doesnt have burnt/curled tips and margins, or hasn't been scarred through some sort of repetitive PH lockout. That much is very true.
It's rare you see a ripe flower grown outdoors now a days that isn't all gnurled up for a variety of reasons too.
Back in the day gnurled up and nutrient burnt plants were a helluva lot less common, but personally i just view this as the result of so many retail products being marketed to the average above the law grower now a days. It's become a market bubble full of profiteering and hear say these days, and the average grower suffers a lot for it without realizing it too.

But even genetics these days, most the modern lineages i throw outside are so excessively inbred and derped-out structure wise in pursuit of numbers on a paper, its like throwing a cross-eyed pug into a coyote den and expecting it to fight it's own way back out. You have no choice but to hold the damn things hand start to finish and pray for a miracle. I also could care less what a thc% rating says when the damn thing cant even exist naturally as a plant under a sun near other plants..

When i find traits i want these days, i HAVE to make crosses and hunt them for something thats actually what i would consider a real damn cannabis plant.

good example. Looks fire, but i dont wanna grow a plant like this. I mean come on, wtf even is this thing? I have to h202 it twice a day just to keep the PM off it.
IMG_20240903_172718632~3 (1).jpg IMG_20240901_163547242~4 (1).jpg

People charge big bucks for plants like this now a days. Theyre everywhere. Sure its fire flowers indoors. And at least the septoria isnt killing it, but this is really all i see in this thing:

derp (1).JPG

Very glad i have these linages now, its going to feel like much less of a crapshoot moving forward into the coming seasons here now. Putting land race lineages and non inbred sativas next to all the modern seed bank shit reaaaaaaaally drives home to poor state of cannabis genetics today. I didnt realize exactly how bad its really got til this outdoor season.

I have this Cali dream x blue dream pheno inside. Here in about 15 minutes I'll be hitting her up with female pollen gathered from a clone of the giant Columbian dominant PB1 pheno.

Thinking I'll find some beautiful sativa in that cross next season outdoors. Hitting her with some Nevil's nl x pure indica reg pollen too to hunt indoors.

IMG_20240907_181901382.jpg IMG_20240907_180241438.jpg

Last edited:

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Finally found some time to transplant the clones.

Took a strong wiff of the cat spray acapulco becuase they all have ripe or iver ripe or reverting flowers

Me oh my oh my, she has the strongest onion, garlic and body odor smell. Average people must think we arw sickies but it sm3lled wonderful

I'm stoked I actually took clones of these 2

20240908_194926.jpg

IMG_20240909_155522041.jpg IMG_20240909_155534407.jpg

Columbian Dom pheno. All bubblegum and skunk-ass alive. Some dry sample popcorn smells like strawberry cheesecake on the grind though lol
IMG_20240909_155552626.jpg

More even hybrid Columbian cross. Most phenos more or less along these lines. Most of these phenos are just raunchy skunky stanky Columbian to the smell. Absolutely Filthy, but in a very satisfying way
IMG_20240909_155714932.jpg

IMG_20240909_155455387.jpg

The Afghan land race x Mexi red. Still mostly herbal green tea like smell.
IMG_20240909_155359904.jpg

The mystery sativa of suspected Thai/haze origin. The citrus is slowly being replaced by sour. And the sweetness with spicyness.
IMG_20240909_155335942.jpg

IMG_20240909_155322864.jpg

Acapulco (cat spray pheno) View attachment 19062200 View attachment 19062201 View attachment 19062202 View attachment 19062203 View attachment 19062204 View attachment 19062205 View attachment 19062206 View attachment 19062207 View attachment 19062208 View attachment 19062209 pollinated with pre soviet afghani

Massive chunky calyxes (not from the seeds)

Can't wait to grow these ones again, and their babies
My Columbian crosses are doing similar. Calyxes getting huge even unpollenated.

They're not sucking the red pistils in either, they're leaving them outside the calyx.

Gonna be some immaculately beautiful flowers by finish for sure. They leave me jaw open every time I'm handling the plants lol
IMG_20240909_172336203.jpg

IMG_20240909_172417044.jpg

The resin and terp content is pretty off the scales too on these ones. Very unexpectedly, stupidly fantastic. I have gelatos and stuff out there that are frostier, but aren't nearly as sticky or stinky. They're almost dry to the touch by contrast. These glue my arm hairs down if I look at em wrong lol.

The Columbian crosses are straight up "where have you been my whole life" caliber plants.

The fat calyxes def look like pollenated calyxes on most plants, butWhen these sativas are making a seed, they make DAMN sure you know theyre making a seed :ROFLMAO: Kinda crazy considering they tend to make fairly small seeds as far as cannabis plants go lol.
IMG_20240906_144332247.jpg

IMG_20240908_145131875.jpg

This little Durban Poison plant has been hit on a couple branches with female columbian pheno 1 pollen, as well as that Nevil's NL reg pollen on a couple others. It went out tiny a few weeks ago entirely for the puroses of making myself some more sativas of land race origin to hunt outdoors lol. And hit it with the nevil's because why the hell not? Im sure a durban cross will be a little more succeptible to all our wet humid days here then the columbian... But the columbian will still be in there so ima give em a go next season and see what i can find.
IMG_20240908_145201686.jpg

Here's some dry larf that came off the final mystery sativa lollipop because why not.

I trimmed & jarred it up to smoke because it's very unexpectedly good for lolipopped larf this early on a sativa lol. It's pretty dank tbh. Wish I knew what she was. 🦄
IMG_20240909_173616674.jpg IMG_20240909_131336623.jpg

Last edited:
Columbian cross pheno 2. My favorite. She has tagged buds hit with female pollen from pheno 1 clone for an all fem F1 because that's pretty much a guaranteed large, dank harvest every season. also Nevil's NL reg pollen. As well as Afghan land race reg. I have them, and id be reaaaaaally stupid not to use it on this plant.

I absolutely love how it leaves the pistil exposed when the calyxes swell. She's def gonna have that land race fire hair goin on too.

IMG_20240910_150749735.jpg

Last edited:

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Started to jar up the tops from all the videos I made / shared

So nice to have some real skunk back in my life.

And many landraces to help med-ucate myself on old / original terps and how they carry thru crosses

Limon verde / verde limon aka limon was a great surprise. No intersex issues, you can tell this one made its way from colombia based on the smell and look. Almost exactly like my pure peru (what I beleive is colombian gold) just instead of lime skunk fuel. Replace with lemon and some subtle orange lingering in the bottom of 1 pheno.

Her progeny with the narco gold will be called lima verde as it's the capital of peru and the added lime to the cross

20240912_110229.jpg
20240912_110300.jpg

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Acapulco cat spray.

Gotta say one of the most unique landraces I've grown.

After dry/sweat there is an extremely small lemon haziness lurking in the bottom. Cat spray staying true with a dark, deep, dank pungency.

Very excited what the cross with the pre soviet afghani and narco gold will hold

Massive bracts to match the loud

20240912_110324.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts