What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Marijuana Control, Legalization and Revenue Act of 2016

monkey5

Veteran
ChunkyPigs~~ Good post! My thinking is this.. ANY taxes from cannabis, in any/every state, should pay off the debt..not used for more spending at all! No Government raises! Stop increasing spending by the government!! No new spending..at all..what-so-ever! Release every cannabis prisoner now!! We have all been fighting for our freedom to use this plant! 1st step should be to focus on our freedom! Free from debt to China should take 1st place!! Feel free to pass this idea on..to every where and everyone! monkey5

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
marijuana is gonna replace tobacco as far as tax moneys ..and you see how bad they fucked up tobacco taxes... I refuse to play their game.. they will not be getting any of my money....yeehaw..they bled me dry once on tobacco already..

Gdood9

For everyone complaining about big business getting into cannabis...there is no sector here big business does not dominate. It's just how it works. If there's big money involved, expect people with big money to become involved. Monsanto does not have patents on cannabis, you can look up the parent library yourself so please stop spreading this misinformation. Even if they did, who cares, you can't do anything about. You may not like it but big business is what will push cannabis to become federally legal once enough states go legal. Stop with the conspiracy theories and realize that big business and mom and pops still exist side by side by in all other industries. You can't get rid of big biz and they can't get rid of the small timers. Also, if you're really worried about big biz it probably means your product isn't up to snuff, you don't have the drive to compete, or you need another skill set because this one isn't for you.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm really disappointed that none of the legalization bills include amnesty for non-violent cannabis felons.

its nice that we can save future generations from persecution, but can't we get some relief for those that were persecuted fighting to get us this far.

This is from the CCHI:

(b) (1). Enactment of this Act shall include the case by case review for the purpose of sentence modification, amnesty, immediate release from prison, jail, parole, and probation, and/or clearing, expunging, and deletion of all cannabis hemp marijuana criminal records for all persons currently charged with, or convicted of any non-violent cannabis hemp marijuana offenses invalidated or modified by this act, which are hereby no longer illegal and/or applicable in the State of California. People who fall within this category that triggered an original sentence are included within this provision.

http://www.cchi2016.org/fulltext.html

TheArchitect

Veteran
This is from the CCHI:

(b) (1). Enactment of this Act shall include the case by case review for the purpose of sentence modification, amnesty, immediate release from prison, jail, parole, and probation, and/or clearing, expunging, and deletion of all cannabis hemp marijuana criminal records for all persons currently charged with, or convicted of any non-violent cannabis hemp marijuana offenses invalidated or modified by this act, which are hereby no longer illegal and/or applicable in the State of California. People who fall within this category that triggered an original sentence are included within this provision.

http://www.cchi2016.org/fulltext.html

thats fantastic!

now lets hope other states and the feds do the same!

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
this first bust was at farms visited by the Lt Gov recently that were owned by activists.

This is the money shot they were looking for.
Pot raids uncover ‘egregious’ environmental damage in Emerald Triangle

Do You Even StreamDiversion Bro???

picture.php

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I received the following email from them this morning, my thanks to John Lee for really trying to include all voices.

"Celebrating Our Heritage

John --
For the last 3 years, Americans For Policy Reform (AFPR) has been extremely busy behind the scenes holding Cannabis Reform meetings and performing community outreach all across California.

We have been responding to Cannabis Law reform efforts by thousands of people from all walks of life. College Students, Parents, Teachers, Activists, Senators, Cannabis workers, all types of concerned citizens have communicated with us. From blogs, to online forums to In-person meetings and countless thousands of emails on what is important to them, the citizens of California have spoken. And we continue to be there responding with revisions to the Marijuana Control Legalization and Revenue Act of 2016 (MCLR) at every turn.

Our mission as an organization that promotes positive social change, is to reform California's laws and policies to restore our basic constitutional freedoms.

California Attorney General Kamala Harris recently released her Title & Summary of the 4/20/15 filed version of the Marijuana Control, Legalization and Revenue Act of 2016 (MCLR). Although now approved for signature gathering, MCLR 2016 organizers are not planning on gathering signatures for the first filing. The all inclusive, collaborative MCLR approach ensures that the final initiative version filed unifies stakeholders and contains the best language, before signature gathering commences for a winning campaign in 2016.

On July 10th, the MCLR team will be submitting a new version of the language. It will include the public input MCLR gathered since the last filing, comments from CalNORML, and information gathered from Gavin Newsom’s Blue Ribbon Commission. The team will be adding new proponents, and is requesting that anyone interested in signing as a proponent contact John Lee at [email protected]

AFPR will be hosting a second Community Outreach conference call on Wednesday, July 15 at 6:30 pm. During the call the MCLR team will take feedback and respond to public comments and concerns. Anyone who would like to participate in the call should submit their questions to http://mclr.us/ask. Conference call details will be sent via return e-mail.

In the spirit of Freedom and Personal Choice, we Celebrate this 4th of July weekend with all of you and your families, and wish you a safe and enjoyable holiday."

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I got an email back and a phone # to call, gotta try till I get her, but I'll get your answer Sam.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
So I got an email back and a phone # to call, gotta try till I get her, but I'll get your answer Sam.

Thanks, that would be great! If true which I doubt, I do want to know.
They are going to release the updated version today, I look forward to seeing the updated bill. It has my vote I bet.
-SamS

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
After reading the whole text it seems that there can still be county and city bans on growing....? It should clearly state that local and county bans / ordinances are invalidated/repealed.

Latest posts

Latest posts