What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Marijuana Control, Legalization and Revenue Act of 2016

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is the first in USA history open public source document created by the people of California to be presented for voting.

Everything for Cannabis is at stake on this. EVERYTHING.

Monsanto already patented Cannabis Genetics.

The Governor of California wants to charge 150,000$ for Licenses for cannabis businesses that would require renewal each year, as well as licensing for each and every single employee.

Monsanto was thinking 3 million dollar licenses.

Heres the thing, we the people need ot take this chance to get the plant back on track, with our OWN regulations.

Thats the new game. I went to the Orange County NORML Meeting this Friday.

If we fail to regulate the cannabis industry for hte people, to heal, not for commercialization or corporations.

This is our last chance before we lose everything, the plant, the rights, the healing, everything...

I'm not in the mood to talk more about this, but if you want ot make a difference and are in California, we are going ot need your vote, and your VOICE.

Make this ACT KNOWN!!! get a cup of coffee and a nice joint and read the ACT before it gets longer! You can ADD to it!! YOU!!! its open source so anyone on earth can add what they think needs to be added to the ACT.

Please help Cannabis the plant. Not the human ego. We are about the lose this plant and the last thing we have to spiritual freedom...

I hope there are some serious individuals out there ready to stand up for what is right and help make changes that HELP everyone.

This plant is about sharing. Healing. Love. Respect. Unity. Community. Spirituality. Connection. Mother Earth.

This is not a MONEY making PRODUCT. This is the very fabric of our EXISTENCE. Cannabis is MAJOR part of human Existence.

It is not a coincidence that Cancer, and other major illnesses, and disease became the normal, AFTER, Cannabis was made illegal and removed from the Human Diet.

We need to end the CBD Drought, take down the big pharmaceutical companies killing our brothers and sisters and PLANET.

Oh and thats another thing. Monsanto is a tiny piece of hte iceberg. The want to synthesize the plant into a PILL. OF COURSE what ever that major pharma company is, you know hte BIGGEST one... the one with the most MONEY...

Please, help Mary Jane. She needs our support now. We need to do more than just grow and smoke her. Really respect her power, and virtues. Fight for her.

This blessings from the Universe is in Jeopardy. Your love for the plant won't save it.

Your sacrifice, dedication, willingness and courage to stand up for it will save not just Cannabis, but Humanity and Mother Earth.

Last edited:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
when I read this it only said 10,000 yearly fee for businesses that gross over half million per year.

this bill is not as bad as what I've been expecting will happen in CA in 2016.

get used to the fact that the folks growing "legally" under prop 215 will get cut out of the new legal market to make way for investors and the politically connected.

at least there are no plant limits for home grows that I could find in there.
looks like the regs on home brewing which is cool for me.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
yeah an $1000 annually for "artisan" producers that net less than 500k in sales annually...let's just hope it stays favorable before it gets to the ballot, because whatever bill is on there is the one that is going to pass.

lots of hoops, but all legit businesses have to jump through similar hoops already..

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
now that they are gonna accept it ,they are going to bleed us dry .. we will be the new cash cow....bunch of bullshit if you ask me...well I grow my own always did...so they can kiss my ass...all of em...yeehaw

B

Bob Green

yeah an $1000 annually for "artisan" producers that net less than 500k in sales annually...let's just hope it stays favorable before it gets to the ballot, because whatever bill is on there is the one that is going to pass.

lots of hoops, but all legit businesses have to jump through similar hoops already..

I would pay $1000 just to have a larger plant count. Selection and breeding would be so much easier. I don't need to make anywhere near $500k per year. I figure the prices you can sell a pound for will drop considerably.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
when I read this it only said 10,000 yearly fee for businesses that gross over half million per year.

this bill is not as bad as what I've been expecting will happen in CA in 2016.

get used to the fact that the folks growing "legally" under prop 215 will get cut out of the new legal market to make way for investors and the politically connected.

at least there are no plant limits for home grows that I could find in there.
looks like the regs on home brewing which is cool for me.

Deja Coutee from PatientAdvocates and Cannabissaveslives.org presented this ACT to the NORML meeting and said there will be No more plant counts.

And yes this was modeled from how alcohol is regulated.

B

Bob Green

But it does give the option to hustle. The only top people making real money off of herb from growing illegally are outstanding hustlers in the business they run. It is in their nature. Guys like that can pay the $1000 and save up and be one of the guys spending $10,000-$100,000 per license in no time flat. Guarantee that shit!

Once federal legalization hits America the biggest companies will invest over seas where things are done way cheaper. Just like they do with everything else. Central America will be a force to be reckoned with for sure.

With no plant count for personal...

Well shit... I don't have much to complain about as far as how it is sounding so far?

I wish it was like that all over America and not just Cali.

ashna

The current status of CA mj law is just shameful. After fifteen years, the spirit of prop 215 is so far from being realized.

The patients who are in the most need are often not being taken care of. Some people are remaining illegal just because its easier and simpler and quieter. Different counties and cities are imposing such tight restrictions that it's realistically not possible to be in compliance and still get the medicine you need.

And the "selective enforcement" arguments only hold so much water. Sure we'd like to think that the grandma growing two plants in the backyard for her chemo isn't going to be targeted, but it's really just an axe waiting to fall. One vindictive neighbor, relative, LEO, or neighborhood punk-ass kid and grandma is looking at jailtime. The people who have families and responsibilities are the ones who need legal protection the most -- if they are caught up, a costly legal battle from prison will destroy them and the people they love, even if they are 100% in the right.

Every day, people choose between their medicine and all its associated risks, or suffering without it. And that's a shitty choice.

/rant

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
When the market is flooded with cheap epens filled with doctored up errl my prediction is young folks will never learn to roll and before long nobody will remember what a bud looks like anymore.

MA has a no plant count and 10oz transportation limit for citizens over 21 up in their state house.
If that passes nobody will be moving west coast product east.

One way or another the small time underground part of the food chain will become history.

Y'all need to pay more attention to DAngelo and his crew and worry less about big AG.
Keep your eye on the dick that's about to ream you and lube heavy...

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I will be returning home then .....no drought there,reasonable electric rates, and a bunch of my old friends and customers....yeehaw.. underground mom and pop will always survive ,,, just like the alcohol scene...

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
x
This is the first in USA history open public source document created by the people of California to be presented for voting.

Everything for Cannabis is at stake on this. EVERYTHING.

Monsanto already patented Cannabis Genetics.

Can you list the patent Number?
It is hard to believe anything you post or support what you say unless you are correct about your claims of Monsonto patented Cannabis Genetics, what varieties? What patent number? PM me when you find it............ there is not one.
-SamS

The Governor of California wants to charge 150,000$ for Licenses for cannabis businesses that would require renewal each year, as well as licensing for each and every single employee.

Monsanto was thinking 3 million dollar licenses.

Heres the thing, we the people need ot take this chance to get the plant back on track, with our OWN regulations.

Thats the new game. I went to the Orange County NORML Meeting this Friday.

If we fail to regulate the cannabis industry for hte people, to heal, not for commercialization or corporations.

This is our last chance before we lose everything, the plant, the rights, the healing, everything...

I'm not in the mood to talk more about this, but if you want ot make a difference and are in California, we are going ot need your vote, and your VOICE.

Make this ACT KNOWN!!! get a cup of coffee and a nice joint and read the ACT before it gets longer! You can ADD to it!! YOU!!! its open source so anyone on earth can add what they think needs to be added to the ACT.

Please help Cannabis the plant. Not the human ego. We are about the lose this plant and the last thing we have to spiritual freedom...

I hope there are some serious individuals out there ready to stand up for what is right and help make changes that HELP everyone.

This plant is about sharing. Healing. Love. Respect. Unity. Community. Spirituality. Connection. Mother Earth.

This is not a MONEY making PRODUCT. This is the very fabric of our EXISTENCE. Cannabis is MAJOR part of human Existence.

It is not a coincidence that Cancer, and other major illnesses, and disease became the normal, AFTER, Cannabis was made illegal and removed from the Human Diet.

We need to end the CBD Drought, take down the big pharmaceutical companies killing our brothers and sisters and PLANET.

Oh and thats another thing. Monsanto is a tiny piece of hte iceberg. The want to synthesize the plant into a PILL. OF COURSE what ever that major pharma company is, you know hte BIGGEST one... the one with the most MONEY...

Please, help Mary Jane. She needs our support now. We need to stop smoking her and really respect her power, and virtues.

If people did not smoke her where would the respect come from????? Do you understand that Cannabis is a renewable resource? Nothing wrong with using renewable resources in a sustainable way. I will let you stop smoking her so you can really respect her power.... LOL

This blessings from the Universe is in Jeopardy. Your love for the plant won't save it.

Your sacrifice, dedication, willingness and courage to stand up for it will save not just Cannabis, but Humanity and Mother Earth.

Last edited:

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran

<snip>

Sounds good to me, a lot of work went into the document, I was particularly amused by the "Artesian Cultivator" word smithing, lol...

"(2) There shall be a minimum of five classifications of Manufacturing certificates including:
(A) Artisan Cultivator.
(i) The registration fee for an Artisan Cultivator shall be an annual fee of one thousand dollars ($1,000). This fee may be waived or refunded if a crop fails to yield its expected harvest.
(ii) For purposes of this chapter, “artisan cultivation” means Cannabis cultivated by an artisan cultivator with no more than five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000) in net annual sales in the calendar year.
(iii) The application for an Artisan Cultivator shall be more streamlined in comparison to other applications developed pursuant to this chapter. The commission may not limit the total number of Artisan Cultivators.
(iv) The commission shall compile and update an official list of California’s world-famous cannabis appellations, including, but not limited to, Humboldt County, Mendocino County, Trinity County, Santa Cruz County, Gold Country, and the Emerald Triangle. Cannabis cultivated by an artisan cultivator may be labeled according to the official county and regional appellation where the cannabis was cultivated. An artisan cultivator may submit official appellations to the commission for consideration.
(v) Cannabis cultivated by an artisan cultivator with no more than one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000) in net annual sales in the calendar year may be labeled “homegrown.” All other cannabis cultivated by an artisan cultivator may be labeled as having been cultivated by an artisan cultivator."

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And to be honest, the only sections I really give a damn about seem ok,

§ 27450. Protections.
It shall be lawful and not a violation of California law for an adult:
<snip>
(c) To cultivate cannabis indoors, or outdoors behind fenced and securely-locked privately owned property, with the consent of the owner of such property. To comply with this section, the fencing shall completely obscure the presence of the cannabis plants from members of the general public, with the exception of aerial observations. Cultivation must comply with any local or state nuisance regulations, provided the nuisance regulation is not based on the presence and/or cultivation of cannabis nor crafted to primarily target cannabis cultivation, use, and/or possession."

§ 27519. Commission Powers.
The commission shall have all powers necessary and proper to enable it fully and effectively to carry out the policies and purposes of this division, including, without limitation, all of the following:
<snip>
(n) To establish reasonable limits for personal possession, sales, distribution and cultivation quantities. In addition to any limits established in this measure, the commission may further designate reasonable limits for personal possession, sales, transportation, distribution and cultivation limits provided that such limits do not:
(1) Infringe on the right of a person to possess a sufficient quantity to satisfy their reasonable personal consumption needs in a law abiding manner."

I have one gripe though, it's possible for some cannabis hating group to say second hand cannabis smoke travels through the walls (via the electrical outlets, common vent work, etc.) between apartments. I've seen tobacco anti-smoking TV commercials claiming this type of BS, I'd prefer not to trust it won't happen with cannabis. I'd like to know I can hot box weed in my own apartment, if I make the walls and drapes yucky it comes out of my security deposit, simple as that. Are beer guzzling college students forbidden from partaking in their apartments just because their carpets are going to be awash in spilled booze, heck no, it's expected, and if they have half a brain they know to expect total loss of the security deposit, even if they attempt to clean the carpets themselves.

"§ 27440. Regulation of Secondhand Smoke.
(a) Second hand smoke produced by the smoking of cannabis shall be subject to the same state and local time, place, and manner restrictions that apply to tobacco."

I just donated $250, these guys seem to be on the ball... thanks LyryC for bringing it to my attention!

Last edited:

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
yeah the second hand smoke thing was something that stood out to me as well, I believe there are a few localities that have made it illegal to smoke in your own house...I suppose it just a way of streamlining everything; by making pot applicable to certain public nuisance laws...i'm not gonna let something as insignificant as that stop me from voting for what is most likely going to be the most beneficial adult use bill that we're going to see pass through ca in the next 5 years..I also read that to understand that we should be allowed to smoke herb at any public "smoking area"...where second hand smoke of any kind is acceptable

this would also give parents a lot more protection, I'm all in on this one after re-reading it a few times...the only part I'm really not big on are some of the powers of the commission, but it's unlikely that we ever see the "perfect" legalization bill...

I personally think they need to add in an amendment that all applicants must have been a CA resident for the entire duration of the last 3-5 years, the rush of out of staters already bottomed out this industry once...no more!

Granger2

Veteran
The biggest concern is if people are licensed, are they going to have to pay Monsanto a royalty as the patent holder. When a judge ruled that they could patent genetic material they realized that nothing was patented, and set out to patent everything. I wouldn't be surprised if they have patented Cannibis sativa L. Not just certain strains or cultivars. That's what they've done with other things. Like the protein staple of South Asia-lentils. Indian courts told them to fuck themselves. The wanted to patent Lentils. Not certain strains, but lentils of any kind. They are truly evil. -granger

Sforza

Veteran
"all applicants must have been a CA resident for the entire duration of the last 3-5 years"

Not going to happen. Ever hear of the commerce clause?

"the primary use of the Clause was to preclude the kind of discriminatory state legislation that had once been permissible"

Latest posts

Latest posts