What's new

THE LOVE THREAD

Galt

I loved you like a man loves a woman he never touches, only writes to, keeps little photographs of.

-Bukowski

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
I hope these two examples I have fit in this thread..I'll make them short.

In 2001, I met a young lady and we started hanging out a lot. She eventually wrote me a letter telling me she had feelings for me and we kept hanging out until she grew on me and I couldn't deny it any longer...I told her that I wanted to be with her and that was that. It was good for a while and then she broke up with me after we were together for almost 3 years. It took a long time to get over her, but I finally realized we weren't meant for each other..and at that point I could finally appreciate her for being with me and loving me and vice versa.

I knew there was more to love than what I had experienced, and I knew that I would meet someone again one day...long story short, I met a nurse who also was kinda hippyish (?) with dreads, great personality, smart, funny, just everything that I ever wanted in a woman..but, it was totally the wrong situation, wrong time...but it gave me a glimpse of what is out there and that gave me a lot of hope. I just wish I could tell her that she changed my life in a couple amazing ways and I'll never forget her..I guess in a way, I do love her and what she's all about...man, I'd do just about anything just to tell her in person "thanks, you helped me a lot when I needed it most."..man, Julia was the coolest lady I've ever met.

whodare

Veteran
We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.
Orson Welles

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
Carl Sagan
PIA15415_ip.jpg

Love does not dominate; it cultivates.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
picture.php

:ying:

messn'n'gommin'

ember
Veteran
After a day like today, it is more necessary than ever to do away with hate, anger, duplicity, greed, and a lust for power. They kill more than the body, they kill the soul. Laws and jails won't stop it. None of us has the power to stop it except what comes from within each of us.

Peace

T

toughmudderdave

We are a broken society, its not getting any better. Have to change or it will be the end of all of us.
Hug your loved one.....

I am walking this path...
We can let the circumstances of our lives harden us
so that we become increasingly resentful and afraid,
or we can let them soften us, and make us kinder.
We always have the choice.

I've chosen the path toward kindness, empathy, and love.

Rumblefish

Love is our ability to forgive. Forgiveness removes the vice from our hearts and allows us to breathe, live and love freely.When we hold onto our anger it immobilizes us, precluding us from blossoming into the people we are supposed to become and achieving that which we are supposed to achieve.

Beauty in truth...

Forgiveness is only for the one 'giving' it, not 'receiving' it.

Yet another of the ego's elaborate rein on itself.

baf

Never ignore a person
who loves you,
cares for you,
and misses you,
because one day soon,
you might wake up and realize,
you lost the moon
while you were counting the stars

my head says who cares
my heart says you stupid lol

I want to be in your arms
where you hold me tight
and never let me go

when I text you
it means I miss you
when I dont text
Im waiting for you to miss me

One day you will realize how much I have been there for you and done for you
that will be the day I am gone

Im not upset because you lied to me
Im upset because I can never beleive you ever again

Playing with someones heart just shows yours has nothing in it

The worse kind of pain is when your smiling just to stop the tears from falling

Behind every happy
Couple lies two people
who have fought hard
to overcome all obstacles and
interferences to be that way.
Kim George

You dont need someone to complete you.
you only need someone to accept you completely

TheArchitect

Veteran
BEST THREAD ON IC

much love to all my brothers and sisters out there.....

this thread needs to stay at the top.

mods, a sticky maybe??????

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Lao Tzu

SetHeh

"Love and non-attachment are the basis of true generosity." - Dilgo Khyentse, one of the greatest Buddhist masters.

Hermanthegerman

Pure Vernunft darf niemals siegen
Veteran
Together with my wife since 33 years and the love is still growing. Before some days I said to my wife,: "Wow, that smile on your face was the same smile, that let me fall in love with you in 1979."

Love is, what you make of it.

002.jpg