What's new

THE KIWI THREAD

OvergrowingKiwi

Haven't seen that one yet. Good on them!!! A solid effort. I like the last sentence of the news article. "No arrests have yet been made." Also great to see a non biased cannabis related article on stuff.co.nz!

1000 plants! is pretty epic for new zealand. Looks like thats the number to beat guys lol

Imagine how great it would be to have that space. All the cool open air, that industrial power source. So envious of those guys in california/colorado and their commercial spaces.

Nice tutorial mate!

Did you guys see this http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/8873067/Police-uncover-big-cannabis-operation pigs claim it to be one of the most sophisticated cannabis busts ever in nz... I was surprised at the size of it! didn't think those sort of grows happened here.

K

kiwi_growa

Haha yes, you've gotta wonder why no arrests have been made yet? That is awesome, i'll be stoked if whoever is responsible gets to walk free and start up somewhere else. That's good karma for ya:)

I probably shouldn't have posted that link, i would hate if someone was posting links about me setup if i was to get busted. And im a strong believer in treating others the way i like to be treated so i won't be doing that again.

OvergrowingKiwi

I wouldn't worry at all about posting the link mate. Anyone growing on such a large scale is asking for attention. I'd imagine that a grow of that size would not be a solo operation. By the sounds of it they covered their asses. The police really are going to have their work cut out for them over the next few years in my opinion. Either the government starts taxing us growers or they are going to end up spending a ton of tax payers money on the futile enterprise that is cannabis prohibition.

Great to be back in the kiwi thread. I started a similar thread titled "Calling all Overgrowing Kiwis" on the infamous overgrow edge forums. I enjoyed catching up with fellow kiwi growers on a daily basis and our thread was always at the top of the "australasia" section.

Would be great to have that kiwi growing community cranking again.

Keep growing hard guys, your'e not hurting anyone. Except maybe a few fungus nats & spider mites. Kill those bastards.

Haha yes, you've gotta wonder why no arrests have been made yet? That is awesome, i'll be stoked if whoever is responsible gets to walk free and start up somewhere else. That's good karma for ya:)

I probably shouldn't have posted that link, i would hate if someone was posting links about me setup if i was to get busted. And im a strong believer in treating others the way i like to be treated so i won't be doing that again.

K

kiwi_growa

Yeah i know exactly what you mean OGK!

Even the forums over at Norml have died down, not sure if you go there much but they used to be full of people. Now you'd be lucky to find more than 5 threads made a day...Pretty sad if you ask me.

This thread was going o.k about 7 years ago. People have slowly lost interest though. What i would really love to see here is some pics of Kiwi Outdoor. I like to think our outdoor is stronger than other places due to the hole in our ozone layer:p. It probably doesn't make a huge difference, but i think it would enough of a difference to be noticeable. What are your thoughts on this?

I'll try snap some pics of my winter outdoor that i've got going tomorrow and post them here. Nothin huge but might help get the ball rollin.

OvergrowingKiwi

I think theres definitely something in it. Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure the cannabis plant produces resin as a protective mechanism. The aim of sinsemilla is to get pollinated and produce seed.

I think the high UV content in our sunlight and the cold nights we have here definitely come into it. It's highly likely these factors make the plant produce more resin glands to protect itself.

edit: I've never really been a fan of the norml forums. I think the well known website attracts careless arrogant types of people. Theres a few good ****s on there but the majority are not real growers IMO.
Yeah i know exactly what you mean OGK!

Even the forums over at Norml have died down, not sure if you go there much but they used to be full of people. Now you'd be lucky to find more than 5 threads made a day...Pretty sad if you ask me.

This thread was going o.k about 7 years ago. People have slowly lost interest though. What i would really love to see here is some pics of Kiwi Outdoor. I like to think our outdoor is stronger than other places due to the hole in our ozone layer:p. It probably doesn't make a huge difference, but i think it would enough of a difference to be noticeable. What are your thoughts on this?

I'll try snap some pics of my winter outdoor that i've got going tomorrow and post them here. Nothin huge but might help get the ball rollin.

Haven't seen that one yet. Good on them!!! A solid effort. I like the last sentence of the news article. "No arrests have yet been made." Also great to see a non biased cannabis related article on stuff.co.nz!

1000 plants! is pretty epic for new zealand. Looks like thats the number to beat guys lol

Imagine how great it would be to have that space. All the cool open air, that industrial power source. So envious of those guys in california/colorado and their commercial spaces.

Lol try 600 lights... auckland is insane.

bambi

hallo fellow new Zealander's - Just wanted to stop by as I occasionally do and ask if anyone can get onto any old NZ bush Sativa seeds ?

This is or was Our one and only landrace type of plant thought to have got here sometime in the 60's or the early years of the Vietnam war most likely, the plant in question is thought to have come by way of the usa or caliofornia and did infact have a indica phenotype with the old school calio trait of sewerage stench in early flowering,

well this was my own experience with accidental inbreeding over the years I grew outside only with this plant, near the end or last time I grew out the seeds it was getting much shorter and skunk 1 look alike really, the only canna breeder I know to have worked on the real thing was KC brains ltd, I don't no the guy myself to talk it over but going by his old photo's it looked like the original to me,

Like many others I had old seeds but when I germinated them back in 2008 they wouldn't grow a tail, old seeds not looked after well enough seem to do this going by others experiences also,
Maybe some one you know, old hippie type perhaps has got forgotten seeds of this plant,?
Keep a ear out or eye out ya just never no whats around the corner aye.

Australia had a old sativa abit like our old nz one, they called it old mother sativa or old mother sativa if I recall correct, grown outdoors in queensland these had huge long tight buds as long as a mans arm, my older brothers friends used to import abit back in the day when security wasn't so tight etc.

cheers from bambi nz.

Throbba

Hi Bambi,
I don't have access to those seeds. If I do come across some I will let you know.

I am doing a one plant clone grow outdoors in a pot this season to maximise stealth. I do have a couple of White Russian seeds but am keeping them for next season.

I like your work (I checked out your threads) good stuff!

T

Come onto the RIU NZ thread, way more kiwis on that site.

Rays choice might be what you're looking for Bambi? it's from kiwi seeds.

bushweed

Veteran
I'm an Aussie, but even I know that if you want ganja in NZ, here's what to do. Look up reggae bands and go to a show. Find approachable Maori, ask approachable Maori about Ganja...that will prove 10x more efficient than asking a bunch of sppoks on IC mag how to get hooked up. Jeez what are you ...fucken kids?:laughing:

budsnblunts

Veteran
I heard about those but am a little nervous to participate when I got all sorts going on, nearly ashamed.....

NZniceguy

Hi guys, used to be on the old Cannabis World forums and GreenCross years and years ago and thought Id make the effort and join another forum again........always good catching up with the latest tech......any seed companies operating from here in nz?