What's new

The Hempy McNoodle Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hempy McNoodle

Greetings All, :tiphat:

It's time for a new crop over in Hempy's closet. I've had some feminized 'freebies' that I've been wanting to get to. I'll be growing 1 Critical Widow, 1 Critical Purple Kush, and 1 C99. I'll be growing them in 10 gallon fabric pots under 2 Optic 1XL COB LED lights, no fans, but with a small dehumidifier.

I just planted them last night (June 14th). I'll update as they sprout and as they grow.

Has anyone grown these? Obviously C99 is pretty popular. I've never grown these strains.

IMG_20220615_193021511.jpg

IMG_20220615_200421495_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

BMG

It's time for a new crop over in Hempy's closet. I've had some feminized 'freebies' that I've been wanting to get to. I'll be growing 1 Critical Widow, 1 Critical Purple Kush, and 1 C99. I'll be growing them in 10 gallon fabric pots under 2 Optic 1XL COB LED lights, no fans, but with a small dehumidifier.

I just planted them last night (June 14th). I'll update as they sprout and as they grow.

Has anyone grown these? Obviously C99 is pretty popular. I've never grown these strains.

View attachment 18723008
View attachment 18723011
Man I haven't seen Critical's since my last purchase from herbies year's ago!

Hempy McNoodle

Well Friends, it is time for an overdue update to this thread. Things were off to a terrific start with both Critical plants.

Critical Widow
IMG_20220619_173057686.jpg

Critical Purple Kush
IMG_20220619_173200623.jpg

The C99, however, failed to sprout. I had one more C99 seed and so I attempted to germinate it in moist paper towel and it too failed to germinate. So, I would not be growing C99.

The Critical plants continued to grow. And a Pre-98 Bubba Kush seed was planted in the pot that was intended for the C99.

Hempy McNoodle

The Bubba Kush seedling sprouted very unvigorously and while attempting to help it out of it's shell and membrane it was dismembered. Fortunately, I received a bunch of seeds in the mail that day from a friend including a bunch of feminized seeds. One such bag was labeled 'Purple Cake Fem.' After a Google search, it seems Purple Cake is thought to be a GDP/Purple Kush mix sort of plant. So I planted her after she popped in the paper towel and she popped up out of the soil on June 29th.

Here's the garden today....
IMG_20220703_115237828_HDR.jpg

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
was that seeded?
ic a yeller seed in thar.
are there more that appear viable?
love the golden hue.

Reactions: BMG

Hempy McNoodle

I think an update is due, given the explosive growth of the Critical Purple Kush and also just a check-in on the Critical Widow and Purple Cake.

I will be topping the two critical plants in just a few days once they are 1 month old. I will have to let the purple Cake grow as a single-stem since she seems a bit on the slower-growing side.

Critical Purple Kush
IMG_20220714_211205218.jpg

Critical Widow
IMG_20220714_211223200_HDR.jpg

Purple Cake
IMG_20220714_211231565_HDR.jpg

Reactions: BMG

Hempy McNoodle

I've also decided to do a micro landrace reproduction under my kitchen counter. These are a Greek Landrace strain from Tropical Seed Company which they call 'Athina North Greek Landrace.'

I grew one female outdoors in 2020 and it was an incredibly unique and exceptional plan which did very well in my climate and finished in early September. Unique terps of dark cherry, mulberry, and incense. Potent relaxing Stony hi. Really nice!

I plan on growing these in 18oz Solo cups. Of the twelve seeds I had left, all germinated in moist paper towel, but only seven successfully sprouted after being planted.

The seeds were inspected and put into two groupings before germinating began. I am conducting experimental research to see if there is a correlation between the shape of a seeds base (detachment point) and the gender of the plant. Myself and others have had pretty good results using this method. The two groups were based on the roundness of the detachment pit on the bottom of the seed. Seeds with pretty well rounded and symmetric circular detachment points were marked with an 'O,' while seeds with asymmetrical detachment points were marked with an 'X.' in a few weeks I will see if the genders are separated by Xs and Os. I will veg them for one month.

IMG_20220707_200021056.jpg
IMG_20220709_102801320.jpg
IMG_20220709_102836972.jpg
IMG_20220709_103718328.jpg
IMG_20220714_165716662.jpg

Last edited:

Hempy McNoodle

Greetings All,:tiphat:

It's been about two weeks since the last update and a lot of growth has happened in that time.

The Critical Purple Kush is taking over the stage with explosive growth. Hempy was planning on a rather long veg (maybe 2.5 - 3 months), but I decided not to wait any longer due to a concern that she would outgrow the space. I decided to flip the light schedule to 12/12, yesterday. So, that means the veg for this grow was just 1.5 months. This left the problem...

The other two plants sharing the closet with her are far more compact and much shorter in height. So, I decided to put a milk crate under each of them to even out the canopy.

Here they are today...

IMG_20220801_130404233_HDR.jpg

For scale, the Critical Purple Kush on the left is right around 3' (ft) tall. That is the Purple Cake in the middle and the Critical White Widow on the far right. Both of them are doing amazingly well, also!

Hempy McNoodle

Under the kitchen counter things are also developing well with the Athena North Greek Landrace project.

IMG_20220801_163421934.jpg

These have less than two more weeks before I begin flower-cycling them. I was concerned at first because all of them began with deformed leaves, but as they grew, each new set would improve toward normalization. Here is how they started...

IMG_20220801_163512002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts