What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

da kine

^^^​

Keep on chuggin along. We 'ol timers got no choice, right.
Just kiddin of course, other than my personal reference. 😂

They say herbs help. I'm certain the sacred herb does too.
Tosh said only cure for glaucoma. But other medically too.

GreenAndFast

Few haze hybrids
Tropical boogie

PXL_20230416_095505153.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230416_095502317.PORTRAIT.jpg

Acid beauty
PXL_20230416_095517401.PORTRAIT.jpg

@MAHA KALA AB looking ready for a bigger pot?

Last edited:

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
You need to add cal and N to them...You start give them high doses of K early like you do with kush and close like strains. And it block N and cal giving more cal and mag to it will just make thing worst.

For growing hazes indoors you need to forgot all what you learned from nutrients schedules like hessi and other nutes ...you need to know your plants. And read what they need.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You need to add cal and N to them...You start give them high doses of K early like you do with kush and close like strains. And it block N and cal giving more cal and mag to it will just make thing worst.

For growing hazes indoors you need to forgot all what you learned from nutrients schedules like hessi and other nutes ...you need to know your plants. And read what they need.

Any help is appreciated. I've tried adding cal/mag which makes them worse... The plants are very green when put in. All plants fade much faster under LED regardless of genetics.. I don't like messing with N too much. I spent a lot of time dialing in that for CMH. I Run mixed genetics most of the time. My flower room uses both CMH/LED. I feed at a low EC level of 1.2. I use a soilless medium or happyfrog. I don't use any Schedules. I think my EC level is where I need to tweak a bit. This is what I've been bumping with some slight tip burn evident. The LED side seems to want a higher EC level, they look hungry. I can read my plants well under CMH but with LED they do not respond using the same methods used to fix CMH. It's a PITA to mix different feeds. I do not have separate bottles of NPK. For flower, I use V&B dirty nutrients with nothing else added.

I'll get pics from the CMH side to show the difference.. These are haze hybrids..

2 of these N-HAZE x O-Haze) x THH x A5hbx x Mac

1 of this N-HAZE x O-Haze) x White Truffel x A5hbx x Mac
DSCN6922.JPG

Last edited:

exoticrobotic

I never got to grips with sorting out the rust and yellowing with leds. Made me feel like it was my first grow and i didnt know wtf i was doing.

It happened to all plants at week 3 or 4 flowering.

I agree, the plants respond differently and what would normally fix the problem under hids doesnt seem to work under leds. The yellowing/rusting/necrotic regions of the leaves happens almost overnight.

My gut feeling is the lack of radiant heat is slowing the uptake of nutrients and this is causing soil to become a bit toxic with build up of salts

or

the light is just too bright because it is hung too close to the plants as its hung at a height where the canopy temp is comparable to hids.

Who knows?

Nice looking cmh plants btw.

I'd love to supplement with leds for the extra yield but it's too much hassle for my OCD mind to cope with.

I'm somewhat similar to yummybud when i see a burnt tip.:LOL: 🖍️

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The plan is to learn how to keep them healthy under LED ... Once that happens the plan is to move the CMH to mix better by placing it in the center of the room with Leds on the left/right sides. I might do that sooner to help the learning curve.

exoticrobotic

The plan is to learn how to keep them healthy under LED ... Once that happens the plan is to move the CMH to mix better by placing it in the center of the room with Leds on the left/right sides. I might do that sooner to help the learning curve.

I hope you get the increased yield from the leds and increased resin and terpene density from the cmh.

The best of both worlds...

I suppose thinking logically about it, if leds are easily pumping out 1.5 to 2 gpw then the extra carbon this requires must come from somewhere.

Maybe the rust/yellow of fan leaves is the plant cannabilising those leaves for flower.

Have you tried upping the EC?

My brain thinks maybe the leds would benefit from extra carbon that supplemental CO2 provides.

Unfortunately i smoke too much and dont have enough space to experiment and test these hypotheses.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Any help is appreciated. I've tried adding cal/mag which makes them worse... The plants are very green when put in. All plants fade much faster under LED regardless of genetics.. I don't like messing with N too much. I spent a lot of time dialing in that for CMH. I Run mixed genetics most of the time. My flower room uses both CMH/LED. I feed at a low EC level of 1.2. I use a soilless medium or happyfrog. I don't use any Schedules. I think my EC level is where I need to tweak a bit. This is what I've been bumping with some slight tip burn evident. The LED side seems to want a higher EC level, they look hungry. I can read my plants well under CMH but with LED they do not respond using the same methods used to fix CMH. It's a PITA to mix different feeds. I do not have separate bottles of NPK. For flower, I use V&B dirty nutrients with nothing else added.

I'll get pics from the CMH side to show the difference.. These are haze hybrids..

2 of these N-HAZE x O-Haze) x THH x A5hbx x Mac

1 of this N-HAZE x O-Haze) x White Truffel x A5hbx x Mac
View attachment 18833599
I learned with long flowers they like more of N I feed them like they are in veg for first 4-5 weeks of flower till they stop strech.

Compared to ghanis, kush & co.

If I grow in hydro I add 10% more of Cal.Nit. till day 70 and then lower it to normal levels like I grow short flowers last few weeks.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I learned with long flowers they like more of N I feed them like they are in veg for first 4-5 weeks of flower till they stop strech.

Compared to ghanis, kush & co.

If I grow in hydro I add 10% more of Cal.Nit. till day 70 and then lower it to normal levels like I grow short flowers last few weeks.

Feeding veg nutrients for 2 weeks into flower might be a solution. I don't have it in me to lug different feeds around anymore lol. Im def doing much better than I did last year.