What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Gypsy Nirvana - Simple/Stupid Way - to grow good Cannabis - for £1/$1.20 -

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
The far one looks like the winner and has made his way through.
My auld fella use to put down salt (as did most people back in the day)
I recall the joy on his face come morning time when the slugs would be abletaraited, I swear he got a buzz from it.

Obviously you can't use the salt in your soil, (will dehydrate your seedling)
But you could make salt rings at the bottom of your pots to stop them crawling up the sides .
Tub of saxa is about a quid. .. (it's something else you will more than likely have at hand)

Those seedligs look fine and dandy man...
Yes - could do something with salt - maybe a brackish salt solution - around the base in a saucer - but that might leech into the soil - and not be good - the garlic powder didn't seem to inhibit any growth last year - so far - so good - 😉 - no slug eaten seedlings -

Old Piney

I like simple stupid ways of doing everything. I haven't been following but I love the title. I'm trying to grow some fancy sunflowers and the damn slugs are devastating them. I tyed slug and snail bate pellets , with no luck .So now I'm trying crush eggshells mixed with cayenne pepper, I didn't think of garlic. Something Stupid screwing up my simple garden , I hate when that happens ! No problems with my outdoor cannabis knock-on-wood

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Well - here we are a month or so later - growth has been happening slowly but surely mostly - with little sun 🌞 - and lots of wind and rain battering the plants 🪴 - hopefully we will get a high pressure front from Africa coming over my way in the not too distant future - giving us lots of heat and light for a month or so when they start to flower - but currently the weather is still wet and blustery -

- What's good is that I haven't seen a slug up on my balcony for nearly a month - so the plants haven't been munched on by the little bastids -
2024-07-0607.34.012493928098600755647.jpg

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
These 2 Zamaldelica's in the same pot seem to be growing faster than the other 2 Zamaldelica's in single pots - maybe it's because they have each other as company and so are much happier weathering the cold/wind and rain together? - lol
2024-07-0607.56.144869149497185578350.jpg

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hey @Gypsy Nirvana . Every auto that I grow becomes a small bud. I cant figure out why I keep stunting these things. If I water too much they die but if not enough they turn into 1 joint on a stick. 🤔
Hey Magu 👋 - I have had good success with growing autos outside over the past few years - when it rains I never water them because they get plenty of moisture thru the leaves and thru the soil/compost - and I only flood them with water when they are in flower under hot sunshine - usually watering them in the early mornings - when it's cooler -

They are never going to be big producers - since I have to keep them under 3ft - and on average I'd say I have had about one ounce (28grams) off finished and trimmed/dried buds off each plant 🪴 in the past - no where near the 4 ounce average I was getting when growing indoors - many moons ago 😉 - but growing indoors isn't an option for me currently - just a 3x2 meter outside balcony - so it's better than nothing -

mr.brunch

Veteran
Hey Magu 👋 - I have had good success with growing autos outside over the past few years - when it rains I never water them because they get plenty of moisture thru the leaves and thru the soil/compost - and I only flood them with water when they are in flower under hot sunshine - usually watering them in the early mornings - when it's cooler -

They are never going to be big producers - since I have to keep them under 3ft - and on average I'd say I have had about one ounce (28grams) off finished and trimmed/dried buds off each plant 🪴 in the past - no where near the 4 ounce average I was getting when growing indoors - many moons ago 😉 - but growing indoors isn't an option for me currently - just a 3x2 meter outside balcony - so it's better than nothing -
They are looking good mate, especially considering the disgraceful summer we’ve had so far
I couldn’t get away with anything outdoor as my fence was down so sticking to indoor this year.

In the immortal words of Julian …. What you can, where you can, how you can 👍

All the best

mr.brunch

Veteran
Here is my little “ joint on a stick” plants. Its good smoke, just not much of it.
View attachment 19028680 View attachment 19028682
I had a few of these in the past… may I recommend auto amnesia from real gorilla seeds? I did them outside last year and they reached the same height as me within 12 weeks.
I did a diary on them in the rgs forum competition if interested :tiphat:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
They are looking good mate, especially considering the disgraceful summer we’ve had so far
I couldn’t get away with anything outdoor as my fence was down so sticking to indoor this year.

In the immortal words of Julian …. What you can, where you can, how you can 👍

All the best
Raining again today - low temps too with blustery winds - hopefully they don't start to flower too soon - and we get some warm and sunny days before too long - here's a rained on Malawi x NL - obviously still in veg -
2024-07-0710.30.199141388025135558031.jpg

Magu🌈

I had a few of these in the past… may I recommend auto amnesia from real gorilla seeds? I did them outside last year and they reached the same height as me within 12 weeks.
I did a diary on them in the rgs forum competition if interested :tiphat:
Hey @mr.brunch . Can you link me to that auto amnesia thread? I cant find it because I dont know shit about computers. 🤣

mr.brunch

Veteran
Hey @mr.brunch . Can you link me to that auto amnesia thread? I cant find it because I dont know shit about computers. 🤣
No worries

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Gypsy, England is up against Netherlands for the half final next week ;) Will this be a a kind conflict of interest situation for you?
Well - if either side wins - 🏆 - or loses - I've got relatives - kids - ex-wife - on both sides of the North Sea - some are gonna be happy - and some are gonna be sad - so I get a kinda neutral feeling - 😉 - and will just enjoy it for the game played Cuddles -

Cuddles

Well - if either side wins - 🏆 - or loses - I've got relatives - kids - ex-wife - on both sides of the North Sea - some are gonna be happy - and some are gonna be sad - so I get a kinda neutral feeling - 😉 - and will just enjoy it for the game played Cuddles -
it´s similar for me because I used to be cheering for one country only but since I lived and left England I´m usually rooting for England too . So if the two countries ever play against each other I can´t lose. or if either one of them should win the cup, I´m fine :p

And you know what? Now that the black magic penalty shootout curse has ´expired´, I really think they can do it !!! (y)

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
So who won? 🧐 Are we talking about soccer? 🤔 “Curiouser and curiouser ! “ Cried Alice.
No - we are talking about football - (a sport/game where the ball is struck by the foot mainly - and occasionally the head ) - the most popular sport globally - and Holland v England isn't on till mid-week in the semi-finals of the European Cup -

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts