What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Great Awakening

Is the Great Awakening happening?

• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

Morcheeba*

Veteran
Nashville was a False Flag

just like Sandy Hook shooting was a false flag huh?

you see where pedaling that Fake News about Sandy Hook got Alex Jones in legal troubles. the republican voters believed that crap b/c its the easy way out of the reality that Our 2nd Amendment Right does not vanish if AR-15's were banned.

Republicans are passing bills to protect Children from trans/drag shows but dont care to attempt to make schools more safe by having sensible gun law reform.

peace

armedoldhippy

Veteran
more safe by having sensible gun law reform.
banning AR-15s won't help. no one but some (not all) of the law-abiding will turn theirs in. criminals sure as hell won't. someone that wants to commit murder isn't gonna give one little fuck about the penalties for having the gun. even IF (very large for a 2 letter word) you could somehow find/confiscate every single AR-15 in existence, the number of mass shootings will not decrease. this is a people problem, and folks need to stop blaming the tool. killers just go to a different weapon. if i was hunting body count, i'd be hauling around a pump shotgun with an extended tube & be practicing my speed loading. watch some of the folks using them in competition. shooting double or triple 000 buckshot into a crowd is nearly as efficient a way to kill large numbers of folks as a fully automatic weapon, maybe more so given the difficulty of controlling a FA.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ixoj3luk65oa1.jpg

m8de7mgg4mqa1.png
What's really funny is since Disney bought Warner Bros, they own MASH. So Max is a Disney Princess now.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Shh hippy....

Don't get shotguns banned.

Just say yeah AR's and then that is it... or maybe you really like yours.

Which is cool. I like shooting them sometimes for plinking but if I need to take something or someone down I personally prefer a bigger round.

I'm not going to need an AR for anything another rifle couldn't achieve.

Just my personal take on it.

Take all of my ARs but leave my shotguns... and rifles that weren't made by Mattell.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
banning AR-15s won't help. no one but some (not all) of the law-abiding will turn theirs in. criminals sure as hell won't. someone that wants to commit murder isn't gonna give one little fuck about the penalties for having the gun. even IF (very large for a 2 letter word) you could somehow find/confiscate every single AR-15 in existence, the number of mass shootings will not decrease. this is a people problem, and folks need to stop blaming the tool. killers just go to a different weapon. if i was hunting body count, i'd be hauling around a pump shotgun with an extended tube & be practicing my speed loading. watch some of the folks using them in competition. shooting double or triple 000 buckshot into a crowd is nearly as efficient a way to kill large numbers of folks as a fully automatic weapon, maybe more so given the difficulty of controlling a FA.
i am a big 2A supporter but the point im making is the republicans think that a ban of AR-15's = the end of the 2nd Amendment and it wouldnt be.

maybe the shootings wouldnt stop but im sure the carnage after a shooter with an AR-15 is much worse than one w/o an AR-15.

why does anyone need an AR-15? to fight off the government? for personal home protection?

The Uvalde school shooting had cops fearful of the AR-15 so they choose not to attempt to stop the shooter so if this can be the outcome of legal ownership of AR-15's then at what point does the public demand change. Im fearful that when/if that time arrives then the knee jerk reaction may be to ban most guns or regulate the ammo with extreme taxes.

btw, "its not a gun problem" is not true as we can see from the Uvalde police response but it is a problem with bullying and easy access to weapons of war not imagined by those who drafted out constitution.

address the bullying issue will make a big difference imo.

peace

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
i am a big 2A supporter but the point im making is the republicans think that a ban of AR-15's = the end of the 2nd Amendment and it wouldnt be.

maybe the shootings wouldnt stop but im sure the carnage after a shooter with an AR-15 is much worse than one w/o an AR-15.

why does anyone need an AR-15? to fight off the government? for personal home protection?

The Uvalde school shooting had cops fearful of the AR-15 so they choose not to attempt to stop the shooter so if this can be the outcome of legal ownership of AR-15's then at what point does the public demand change. Im fearful that when/if that time arrives then the knee jerk reaction may be to ban most guns or regulate the ammo with extreme taxes.

btw, "its not a gun problem" is not true as we can see from the Uvalde police response but it is a problem with bullying and easy access to weapons of war not imagined by those who drafted out constitution.

address the bullying issue will make a big difference imo.

peace

None of these lunatics ever considered a flamethrower. Between pipe bombs and a flamethrower one wouldn't have to even employ a firearm.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Just say yeah AR's and then that is it... or maybe you really like yours.
but that WON'T be the end of it. once they get a taste of success, they'll come back for more after they see it didn't end shootings.
I'm not going to need an AR for anything another rifle couldn't achieve.
i don't own/need one either. i have a 19th century assault rifle, a lever-action 30-30.
no, but it would be the BEGINNING of the end. gun banners will not stop with the "gun du jour" , and only damn fools think this is true. no sense in stepping out onto a slippery slope.
btw, "its not a gun problem" is not true as we can see from the Uvalde police response
i'm sorry that they were embarrassing chicken-shits that did not want to do the job they were hired/paid to do. i much more appreciate how the Nashville police showed up 12 minutes after the 9-1-1 call was made and killed the shooter within 2 minutes of arrival.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I almost love them enough to get that Bond Arms derringer that shoots 45-70 and 45 long colt.

But after I admit that I doubt that I could hang on to it if I fired it, I have to admit that I think a lot of the love I have for 45-70 is because I adore lever action rifles...

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I almost love them enough to get that Bond Arms derringer that shoots 45-70 and 45 long colt.

But after I admit that I doubt that I could hang on to it if I fired it, I have to admit that I think a lot of the love I have for 45-70 is because I adore lever action rifles...
Years ago I worked with a guy who had a 45-70 barrel for his Contender handgun. It was his deer hunting gun. I never did shoot it because it's a 45-70 round in a handgun and that is stupid(ly awesome).

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
The Marlin tracker/guide model with a big loop is a great brush gun.

16ish inch barrel is barely enough for that round to burn completely.

I'd hate to be around a black powder round of that magnitude being fired.

Morcheeba*

Veteran
no, but it would be the BEGINNING of the end. gun banners will not stop with the "gun du jour" , and only damn fools think this is true. no sense in stepping out onto a slippery slope.
nor will they stop advocating a gun ban after every school shooting and currently there isnt enough public outcry for their wishes to be enacted into law.

i'm sorry that they were embarrassing chicken-shits that did not want to do the job they were hired/paid to do. i much more appreciate how the Nashville police showed up 12 minutes after the 9-1-1 call was made and killed the shooter within 2 minutes of arrival.
im with you on this but on the next school shooting involving a suspect armed with an AR-15 lets hope the cops responding act like those who responded to the Nashville school shooting.

peace

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I'd hate to be around a black powder round of that magnitude being fired.
70 grains? i used 110 grains of Pyrodex behind the solid Buffalo bullets (no longer made) in my muzzleloader. it was "interesting" to shoot. used to have some handloads from a friend he put together for hunting bears. almost same muzzle velocity as some .458 Win Mag rounds. NOT fun, but neither is dealing with a wounded bear...:yoinks: black powder seems to be a "push" to me rather than an abrupt "SLAM!" like you get from smokeless powder.