What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Great Awakening

Is the Great Awakening happening?

• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

Hempy McNoodle

6h53K4Jqc5S2.jpeg

Petrochemical

Last edited:

Cannavore

Veteran
The constitution is malleable by design...its timeless
precisely the argument made against guns

It is the very document that makes
Democracy possible and enduring
american democracy is an illusion

If a change is needed it is done thru the will and vote of a majority...if you cant get
That....it means you have weak sauce
you mean like how a majority want tighter gun restrictions, a majority want legal pot, a majority want abortion rights, and so on and so forth? "democracy" seems to be working great lmao.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
- Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Back then the US had no standing army, therefore a well regulated militia could not be formed and would be unable to bear arms to secure their free state unless the citizenry could keep their arms (weapons). The US now has a standing army, but that fact does not mean that we must lose constitutional rights. For example, if the federal government formed a national news service, that wouldn't justify removing the first amendment rights from the people. Well, it's the same with the 2nd amendment or any amendment. You can change the constitution if need be, but that is very hard to do and highly improbable. And this is how it is supposed to be.
this is what you did say

my point being there obviously were already well regulated militias and of course they kept their guns at home - duh.

med4u

Veteran
precisely the argument made against guns

american democracy is an illusion

you mean like how a majority want tighter gun restrictions, a majority want legal pot, a majority want abortion rights, and so on and so forth? "democracy" seems to be working great lmao.
26 states(a majority) will be illegalizing abortions
The Democrats (a majority) in Congress couldn't pass any gun control restrictions
Fucking liberals cant even get pot thru

It has to be a real majority...a super majority...not just liberal media pundits spouting fake poll numbers

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Uh, no. There was certainly some dirty trickery. But the dems were never virtuous. Any good thing they ever did was done for evil reasons. The repubs were infiltrated, but MAGA is restoring the party (party of Lincoln)!
:party::smoke out:
This has nothing to do with my statement. I was referring to the change in policy which took place between the democrats and republicans, possibly culminating with the new deal programs initiated by FDR. I never would assert that either party is virtuous but the most Evangelistic leaning one, I would definitely assert as more evil. Of course everyone knows which one that is.

Hempy McNoodle

This has nothing to do with my statement. I was referring to the change in policy which took place between the democrats and republicans, possibly culminating with the new deal programs initiated by FDR. I never would assert that either party is virtuous but the most Evangelistic leaning one, I would definitely assert as more evil. Of course everyone knows which one that is.
I don't know which is worse... A nation under evengellical rule or a nation under the rule of insane wokeness. Luckily we don't have to have either of them.

It is worth noting that the woke left views 'centrists' as "part of the problem."

Last edited: