What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Great Awakening

Is the Great Awakening happening?

• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

Hempy McNoodle

odjZNuwhevx2.png

Cannavore

Veteran

the irony of framing it exclusively as "free crack pipes" is just as racist as the implications you're making lol

Cannavore

Veteran
the proposal does more than just give out "free crack pipes". exclusively framing it that way implies racism in the same way you think democrats would be mad at trump for doing what biden did.

harm reduction programs are statistically proven to lower HIV transmission and other things that are passed to each other with a needle when you give out smoking pipes instead. this is a good thing lol.

of course it's still not far enough because neo liberals aren't set out to completely fix this problem. it's similar to the neoliberal policy for homeless people. don't actually do anything to stop homlessness, just install public architechture that doesn't allow them to sleep in public areas such as park benches and whatnot. just google anti homeless architechture if you've never seen what i'm talking about before.

3BJ9T_zZtxq3qcNXahlF3mJBNoRFcsUsoc_GgNzBfqw.jpg?auto=webp&s=d5ce6d68371e18d350749b15d12151dea6...jpg

Muleskinner

Veteran
Shout out to our hero, Peter McWilliams:

“You’re asking the government to control individual morality. This is a government that can’t buy a toilet seat for under $600”.
-Peter McWilliams

armedoldhippy

Veteran
it's similar to the neoliberal policy for homeless people. don't actually do anything to stop homlessness, just install public architechture that doesn't allow them to sleep in public areas such as park benches and whatnot. just google anti homeless architechture if you've never seen what i'm talking about before.

town close by has an 11 mile long "greenbelt" hiking trail through town, paved path, good bridges. safe parking , excellent multiple access points etc. they even put up lights, before deciding you can't be out there after dusk. lots of wildlife to see along the creek, and local donors paid for benches to be installed every so many yards for folks to sit & relax on. they have neat little brass plates with the donors name & date of installation, pretty cool...until...someone spotted a homeless person stretched out sleeping on one of them. now, the city has installed lengths of 4 x 4 in the middle of the benches so only 2 can sit, and no one could lie down. how user friendly.

Hempy McNoodle

the proposal does more than just give out "free crack pipes". exclusively framing it that way implies racism in the same way you think democrats would be mad at trump for doing what biden did.

harm reduction programs are statistically proven to lower HIV transmission and other things that are passed to each other with a needle when you give out smoking pipes instead. this is a good thing lol.

of course it's still not far enough because neo liberals aren't set out to completely fix this problem. it's similar to the neoliberal policy for homeless people. don't actually do anything to stop homlessness, just install public architechture that doesn't allow them to sleep in public areas such as park benches and whatnot. just google anti homeless architechture if you've never seen what i'm talking about before.

The crack pipes are the most problematic part. So, of course people are going to focus on it, lol! Giving out crack pipes helps nobody, but definitely destroys individuals and communities. That of course is the whole point. That is the agenda.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The crack pipes are the most problematic part. So, of course people are going to focus on it, lol! Giving out crack pipes helps nobody, but definitely destroys individuals and communities. That of course is the whole point. That is the agenda.

So what's your attitude on free needles/syringes, attitude boy?

Hempy McNoodle

So what's your attitude on free needles/syringes, attitude boy?

That issue is a mixed bag, but in the bay area, those programs have led to an explosion of decrepid junkies overtaking San Francisco and the surrounding region. It is a Zombie Apocalypse that would have been hard to imagine just 20 years ago... I would say that if a program like that is put into use for the public good, it must have protocols in place to minimize the negative and harmful affects that could result from such a program being enacted. All in all, I am now against these programs. And, if you walk down the streets of San Francisco these days, you probably would be too.

Or....

26b250a738ea4abc7a5af4d42ad93af0.jpg

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That issue is a mixed bag, but in the bay area, those programs have led to an explosion of decrepid junkies overtaking San Francisco and the surrounding region. It is a Zombie Apocalypse that would have been hard to imagine just 20 years ago... I would say that if a program like that is put into use for the public good, it must have protocols in place to minimize the negative and harmful affects that could result from such a program being enacted. All in all, I am now against these programs. And, if you walk down the streets of San Francisco these days, you probably would be too.

Or....

These types of programs were initiated in Vancouver with safe injection places. The success of saving lives and preventing disease was amazing. I worked on the Rat Park experiment. That too was illuminating.