What's new

Diary The eagle has landed, let the roosting begin. Finally legal, like an eagle ready to soar.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
The irrigation is a simple setup, it's a controller and pump combo, with a solar panel for power. The unit has 12,24,48,72 hour cycles available, with 5,10,20,30 minute increments. So it's adjustable and perfect for my needs.

Attachments

• d2e9697e-6062-47fc-a822-bdb2796182a6.jpg
    d2e9697e-6062-47fc-a822-bdb2796182a6.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 012c20be-895c-4b96-a0a3-f60cf67f8c55.jpg
    012c20be-895c-4b96-a0a3-f60cf67f8c55.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 11

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Are you at all worried about water temps in that black can? Beautiful and clean setup you have :canabis:
Not to concerned, if it was a hydroponics grow I'd be more concerned than I am. If I notice any issues or signs the plants are unhappy with the water, I will certainly address the temps of my water. At the moment my waterings are set to early morning so when the solutions coolest after a night time drop in temp. This may be more of an issue later into the season as the plants require more water daily. Requiring water during heat of the day. If it becomes an issue though I'll have to address it, up to this point, I haven't done anything.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
In terms of the regular garden, I've been harvesting blueberries and raspberries daily, recently my peas and beans have started producing as well. My blackberries are beginning to ripen up as well. I personally like mixing pink lemonade, blueberry and blueberry with raspberry blackberries and peas as a snack.

I switch the peas for beans but I continue to eat handfuls throughout the day.
5c78bd96-f33e-47aa-b5a1-25d68d58f638.jpg
79fcd626-5303-4b72-8de5-51528dc6ef5f.jpg
81dd3301-8823-4517-80f1-b07c3526d372.jpg

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
The deadhead og, strawberry diesel, and sour bubble have shown sex, I'm about to take some clones from each of them and get them prepared to flip. I have to redo my entire grow space now that I'm legal. I'm going to switch back to hydroponics and setup 4 bloom rooms each room for 3 plants. That way I can get a perpetual cycle going.

I am still working on a remodel on a property for my daughter. After that I'm going all in on my design and build. I am looking forward to getting back into documenting some grows and keeping up with everyone elses.
8baced75-824f-4b74-9a65-c017b5cdad6a.jpg

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Lovely stuff
Watching this one 👍 congratulations on being able to grow legal :tiphat:
Thanks for tuning in.
Oh - I'm a bit late to the thread - but looks like blaze is doing a fine job of it already - and seems very upbeat - since now all that paranoia can dissipate over illegality - must be a great feeling - 😀
Never to late to join in.
Slides in late, grabs sprouted pop corn kernels snack
Stay tuned.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I have a pile of compost still finishing up, It was still not quite done when I received it, smelled way to strong of ammonia, So I had no choice but to postpone that part of my grow. I didn't want to risk them being damaged by the high levels of ammonia and I dont have to worry about the plants becoming rootbound in these containers so I opted to just give the compost time to finish breaking down. That's the reason why these plants are setting on the surface of a black cloth. If my compost was ready the pots would have the bottoms cut out setting 4" deep into the soil surface. I'm not highly concerned about the root temps with the fabric pots as long as they are kept moist the pots breath and evaporative cooling works. If I planned to keep them as is the entire grow I would probably put them up on something to keep them off the surface.

I wouldn't say setting pots right on the surface like I am is best practice, but I do think the issue is more of a problem with plastic containers that cannot breath with roots that are bound up and not air pruned.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts