What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary The eagle has landed, let the roosting begin. Finally legal, like an eagle ready to soar.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
What's up IC, long time no see. It's been quite a while since I've documented a growlog and shared my current endeavors. I'm finally legal so no more reasons to lurk the forums. I am preparing for an outdoor adventure this season. I've got the plants indoors, blowing up in preparation to plant as soon as the photoperiod allows for it. I've got a lot of things going on outside this season. I've got plans to put 12 plants out and use 4-6 cattle panels in an arch trellis style to produce one fine crop of cannabis flowers.

I'll keep it it interesting with some routine gardening as well, I've got some blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, grapes, peaches, and multiple raised beds for vegetables as well. I've always kept my diaries strictly cannabis related because of security reasons, yet now that I have no security concerns, I'm going to share a little bit of my ordinary garden adventures. I've got grapes trained into an arch trellis as well, 4'x16' cattle panel are the trellis of choice for this grow. I have grapes trained in cattle panels. Last year I did cucumbers in my trellis between my 4x8 raised beds. This year I might go with baby watermelons. So I've got some interesting things in the works.

I've also got some Japanese maples and other stuff going into the ground this year. So tune in and let's enjoy a season gardening together.

Strainlist, subject to change as I am seeking actively old flavors and worthy cultivars.

Sourdubb
Tangerine cookies
Tropic Truffle
Katsu Bubba -> not original but a bubba offspring
Motorbreath
Cyborg
Peach Crescendo
Strawberry Torte
Disco -> another bubba offspring

Here's a shot of the last plant, I planted in the ground outside.
Deathstar.jpg

DSCF3003.jpg

DSCF3024.jpg

DSCF3023 (2).jpg

Things are currently just popping back to life this year, the grapes just this past week sprouted new shoots. The blueberries are already throwing tons of flowers and the bees have been working hard to pollinate everything for a good harvest of berries this season. These plants are on their 3rd year. This is the first reasonably productive year and the sign that they're established. I have a 1 year pink lemonade blueberry in the ground as well, it's not as big and certainly not as productive but it's established and looks to be throwing some flowers. I have not done any pruning, I will be pruning them at the end of this season for the first time.

56015a72-36f1-44a3-b23c-601e551cf490.jpg

28cf07e4-4b8d-47dd-b1a8-752f7d5bb593.jpg

5c2fb036-2976-4708-8c7a-2d047a94bfd2.jpg

I've got the blackberry and raspberry in trellis, I also planted some beans which I will use the black fence as the trellis and they will grow behind the blackberries, blueberry and raspberries. I 3 different varieties of beans planted all pole beans.

b047afe5-336d-4d3e-9cb7-a6774cdaba81.jpg

The blueberries and blackberries have been awake for a few weeks now, but the grapes just woke up this past week. The peach sprung to life just behind all the berries.

96d14158-476c-4b6f-81ee-eb6187a06c24.jpg

I've got plenty of cleaning up to do, powerwashing the paver patio, I have to replace the roof on my grillzebo, it come with a cloth roof, I bought some metal roofing and will be pop riveting some panels together to give it a lasting roof. So lots of things to do in my neck of the woods. All are welcome to join me in my journey this season, hope all is well in your neighborhood. Until next time be safe and take care.

81a3cafc-4e91-449c-ae6b-2ea4c9cf63e7.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts