What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

"THE DEVIL AND MI5 L.E.D STYLE"

Status
Not open for further replies.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 8 from seed

1 week down 7 to go i know the mi5 can be grown in 8 weeks ;)

well the il diavolo is making progress and all 3 of my mi5 have made it above ground so im well happy with that

all of my plants seem to be happy vegging along just gotta sit back and wait for them to show sex ;)

now that the il diavolo has touched down in the res im hoping to see some explosive growth from it in the coming week :)

latest pics

il diavolo

270720101952.jpg

260720101948.jpg

mi5's

270720101953.jpg

270720101954.jpg

270720101955.jpg

270720101956.jpg

peace

bun1

Nice man, it's a shame about the il diavolo. Well at least you got those Mi5's going so this should be a good one :D

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Nice man, it's a shame about the il diavolo. Well at least you got those Mi5's going so this should be a good one :D

there is still 1 il diavolo left so all is not lost :)

hopefully ill get a nice return from it to compensate the lack of the other 4 not making an appereance.

ive actually got my days mixed up, today is day 7 from seed after reading back through the diary and checking when i posted updates ive realised i did myself outta 2 days lol (damn that blue cheese :smoker:)

i think its looking good for a weeks work though :)

the il diavolo 7 days old

280720101960.jpg

280720101959.jpg

peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 9 from seed

ive just ivested in 3 water temp monitors so i can see what temp each res is, pretty much a sound investment for myself as i need to monitor for any high increases in the water

ive also ordered a few more goodies to improve my growing technique but they wont be here untill next week, ill update when it all arrives :)

here is a pic of the temps in each of my buckets and also the temp and humidity of my tent and a couple of pics of the plants

300720101966.jpg

300720101974.jpg

il diavolo after 9 days from seed

300720101967.jpg

my mi5's havent made contact with the res yet but should do so within the next 24 hours ;)

300720101969.jpg

300720101968.jpg

peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
hope you dont mind me taggin along for the ride dude! have fun & G'Luck!

always nice to have you along scrogger :) you might learn something haha (joke)

ive ordered the 60ltr pump and the airstones and they should be here next week ,i might test them out in the bath 1st and have my self a jacuzzi in their and a phatt stilton spliff ;)

ill update with pics when they land (of the equipment not me in the bath with a dutchy lol )

peace

Scrogerman

Veteran
Dont be put off by all the noise the pump produces with all the Bubbles too. its a totally different story once its all hooked up to ya Res/Pots & running. it can be quite scary when you first plug in a compressor/or larger pump, once its all hooked up & running its much quiter! Good luck with it all matey! Cheers!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Dont be put off by all the noise the pump produces with all the Bubbles too. its a totally different story once its all hooked up to ya Res/Pots & running. it can be quite scary when you first plug in a compressor/or larger pump, once its all hooked up & running its much quiter! Good luck with it all matey! Cheers!

ive ordered a super silent pump which is meant to run super silent if it dont its going back to the shop,under the false sales act :)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 11 from seed

had to do an update as these plants are flying along as you will notice in the pics :)

the il diavolo is taking off and is a few days ahead of the mi5's all the buckets are set @ ph 5.5 - 5.7 and the ec .6

all the roots have made it to the res now so the mi5's should be ready for launch ;)

ive gotta invest in a new oxypot tomoz and get some more rhizotonic so ill be popping along to my local ponics shop to get a few bits and pieces

there is just 1 mi5 left to be transplanted into a bucket but this should be done by tomoz

im also looking into buying some maxi gom seeds and if anybody who is reading this has grown them or has any feed back id be intrested to hear, if not ill be looking forward to be the 1st person to grow that strain out on here ;)

latest pics

the devil

010820101983.jpg

010820101975.jpg

mi5's

010820101978.jpg

010820101979.jpg

010820101982.jpg

010820101984.jpg

peace

MeanBean

Looking very good bro! I love seeing threads thats start at seed like this. It's just good to know there was know hidden aspect haha!!

I guess i will be starting a new thread in a few days, but it's gonna be a long one. Gonna grow one seed for a mom and when she got 4 clones I can start veggin! Really long thread but it's a good place to bs cause I dont mind the clutter lol!!

uptosumpn

Veteran
looking very, very nice skotty....you know I will be watching closely and learning...couple of ques. where did u get the aquarium thermo from?!?<those are real nice! I want some...as well as , is there a web-site that sells the oxy-pots to usa??<tryin to see if it's more economical to DIY with sum parts being ordered online OR just buy the complete kit...Oh, is that a cover you made that's on the lid or did you purchase it. Finally, what's the name of the pump you got?

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Looking very good bro! I love seeing threads thats start at seed like this. It's just good to know there was know hidden aspect haha!!

I guess i will be starting a new thread in a few days, but it's gonna be a long one. Gonna grow one seed for a mom and when she got 4 clones I can start veggin! Really long thread but it's a good place to bs cause I dont mind the clutter lol!!

yeah i have no reason to bullshit about anything im not 1 of these growers who weighs my weed when its wet or give out shit info, i try to be as honest as i can so other people who read my grow logs can learn from my mistakes if i make any and try to give as much info as poss ;)

because these seeds are autos the length of the grow aint gonna be that long probably about 6 weeks left till harvest ;)

looking very, very nice skotty....you know I will be watching closely and learning...couple of ques. where did u get the aquarium thermo from?!?<those are real nice! I want some...as well as , is there a web-site that sells the oxy-pots to usa??<tryin to see if it's more economical to DIY with sum parts being ordered online OR just buy the complete kit...Oh, is that a cover you made that's on the lid or did you purchase it. Finally, what's the name of the pump you got?

the digital thermometers were off ebay and cost just £7 each but are essential for my growing method and the warm temps we are having in the uk at the minute, it wont be as bad in the winter ;)

oxypots are made by a company called ikon and they do have retailers all over the world so you should be able to pick some up in your corner of the globe, they are quite cheap and they come with bucket,net basket , pebbles and even an hydor air pump that fits inside the res, they are very cheap to buy aswell only costing £25 for everything,
some people do prefer to make their own out of rubbermaid buckets and koi pond air pumps and stones and you can even make rdwc ( reverse deep water culture) where you link multiple buckets together and feed them from 1 big res tank that automatically keeps you single buckets full.

its all about how much time and how much grow space you have

as for the sheets on my buckets its radiotor reflective foil basically it reflects the heat away from the buckets and only cost £5.67 for a 5mtr roll from b and q and ive still got some left over :)

the pump i just ordered is a hi blo 60ltrs a minute and its advertised as super silent with 3 x 6" x 2" micro bubble airstones, the reason for the micro pore airstoines is the smaller the bubbles the more dissolved oxygen in the water, i think the pump i ordered is over kill for 3 buckets but it gives me room to expand in the future :)

hope this helps you out on your quest for a dwc

peace

Scrogerman

Veteran
Maxi Gom ah, never heard of them or him but they must be good if your onto it bro.! What you got on them so far man?
I like what youve done with your pots, is that sticky backed stuff(sorry if you said already)?
I might just get a roll myself buddy! £5 od is good for 5m's, much cheaper than the diamond mylar i have.
Yeah on the Supersilent Pumps dude, they all say that, very low noise etc, its just when you first plug em in, it can be daunting when there not attatched to airstones & then submerged etc. Once there all hooked up its a different ball game, & tricks can be employed to make it even quiter. Depending on the location of the pots indoors, fine on ground floor but first floor can be a problem sometimes. Things like Foam camping mats(i use), doubled/trippled up sat under the pots will reduce noise again & ive mentioned hanging the stones with fishing line, but thats more for Totes/Rubbermaids. If the pumps are 32-36 dbs (which one was it matey?-did you confirm?) ill be buying one myself, dont care how old the model is, they all do the same thing at the end of the day, but that is very quite for a 60lpm pump.(I forgot to mention that some of these pumps do leak a small amount of Oil up the lines, but im yet to see any oil make it into the Res, this can be baffling when you first see it, but dont worrie, its unlikely itll get into the res anyway, just thought id mention!-it doesnt happen with piston driven pumps i believe btw)
Thats another good thing about the Oxy Pots, they can be linked & the whole system made into RDWC(Recirculating Deep Water Culture), i like that about them & for what they cost, there very good value for money really, you cant go wrong for £25 per pot on the irrigation system & each with a pump & all the bits ya need to get started, a nice bit of kit from I'K'O'N.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
nice 1 scrogger :)

that reflective radiator foil can be stuck on with double sided sticky tape and you can put more than 1 layer on if required ;)

anyways ive been to the ponics shop today to pick up a few bits and pieces mainly the trip was for a new oxypot but i also walked away with rhizotonic and some canna ph down for veg and bloom :)

however i got to my local store to find out they had sold out of oxypots and the manufacters ikon had been havin difficulty getting hold of the hydor pumps that go inside with their kits,
so my local shop owner rings them up while im in store and asked how long it would be before anymore stock could be had, 2 days was the reply :(

fuk that i thought and did the next best thing, bought a 20ltr bucket and made my own

heres how i did it

the bucket cost me £4.99 i had the rest of the stuff lying around net basket, pebbles , and air pump :)

020820101985.jpg

the bucket

020820101986.jpg

ripped the handle off the bucket, got my net basket to make a template with out of cardboard and used a cerial bowl to make a smaller inner circle :)
taped the template to the lid and used a brand new stanley knife blade to remove the circle ;)

020820101988.jpg

020820101989.jpg

i then smoothed the edges with some fine sandpaper, where the handles attach to the bucket i created a hole to feed in my air line on 1 side and cut out a "u shape" in the top for the wire of the pump to fit nice and snug :)

020820101991.jpg

and here is the finished product

020820101990.jpg

020820101994.jpg

not bad for a mornings work and @ £4.99 for the bucket you cant go wrong

on a side note that maxi gom is critical mass crossed with ak47 and apparently they yield big in short grow times if the cola in the pic is anything to go by on their advert then im gonna be in for a treat :)

peace

Scrogerman

Veteran
Wow mate CMxAK sounds Killa for sure, ill be interested in that for sure bro!
Neat job on the Buckets btw, Nice Work man!
I got myself some Nitric(Canna's Veg Ph down) watch the stuff bro, its Fkin proper lethal shit. wear glasses etc. got a little drop on my hand, washed it stright off, no more than 10 secs on my skin & burnt me like someone had stubbed a Fag out on my hand. I dont bother using it anymore, i use such a small amount of Phosphoric its insignificant.
All looks good matey! Good Luck!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
quick update

i had a package arrive this afternoon which was my new equipment wooohooo

opened the box to find

hi blo 60ltr/pm is in actual fact a hailea 60 ltr/pm air pump (scrogger its 40db )
3 x 6"x 2" airstones
6 meters of airtube
3 x y splitters

so ive been busy setting this shit up and can honestly say its not as loud as i though it would be its just a gentle hum so im well happy with that ;)

pics

020820102001.jpg

020820101995.jpg

020820101996.jpg

check this mofo out jacuzzzzziiiiiii

020820101997.jpg

020820101998.jpg

020820102002.jpg

peace

Scrogerman

Veteran
hahahhahaha, lol! Fk me sideways bro, thats some serious shit right there! Beast, & is that with the Micro pore stones in too? Im glad its gone smooth for ya. Its surprising that the delicate roots can take such an enviroment man, but believe me they thrive in it.
Do you use a Plant start product at all man? I like to use Ionic for the first 3 weeks, i find very young plants take to it very well & they come on quick. All looks Bangin man! I like It! ;)
40 db's is still very quite for 60lpm, quality bro! 15lpm per pot sounds mustard buddy, D'O power up or what!!

uptosumpn

Veteran
Let me ask you this skotty, {I think i asked in your other thread earlier} as far as transplanting goes, if i'm starting reg. auto seeds and need to cull the males from females, and i'm only going to be using 8-10 oxy-pots, would it still be wise to put cubes in oxy pots as soon as roots show<risking some turning male, thus having to have to remove and start over with more seed.. or will they haved shown sex by this time also??? how many seeds should I start to get a good female ratio for these 8-10 pots..
This is all easier when using fem seeds, what's the BEST way when not?? Thanks!
day 2 from seed

when the root pops through the 1" cube its time to transplant

210720101903.jpg

exactly the same method as before with the 3" cube soak in excatly the same nutrient mix .4 ec and ph 5.5 then transplant

210720101904.jpg

as soon as i see the root popping out of the bottom of this cube it will be ready for the oxypot :)

im not impressed with these seeds at all, 5 cracked and 1 has popped up with only 1 cotyledon wtf, i think the other 3 have given up, i might have to resort to plan b.

just hope i can cover my cost of the seeds with the 1 plant :)

peace

uptosumpn

Veteran
awesome DIY BRO!!!! and NICE equiptment ya got there!!!!! I need that pump!!! that will work for my 8-10 pots
nice 1 scrogger :)

that reflective radiator foil can be stuck on with double sided sticky tape and you can put more than 1 layer on if required ;)

anyways ive been to the ponics shop today to pick up a few bits and pieces mainly the trip was for a new oxypot but i also walked away with rhizotonic and some canna ph down for veg and bloom :)

however i got to my local store to find out they had sold out of oxypots and the manufacters ikon had been havin difficulty getting hold of the hydor pumps that go inside with their kits,
so my local shop owner rings them up while im in store and asked how long it would be before anymore stock could be had, 2 days was the reply :(

fuk that i thought and did the next best thing, bought a 20ltr bucket and made my own

heres how i did it

the bucket cost me £4.99 i had the rest of the stuff lying around net basket, pebbles , and air pump :)

020820101985.jpg

the bucket

020820101986.jpg

ripped the handle off the bucket, got my net basket to make a template with out of cardboard and used a cerial bowl to make a smaller inner circle :)
taped the template to the lid and used a brand new stanley knife blade to remove the circle ;)

020820101988.jpg

020820101989.jpg

i then smoothed the edges with some fine sandpaper, where the handles attach to the bucket i created a hole to feed in my air line on 1 side and cut out a "u shape" in the top for the wire of the pump to fit nice and snug :)

020820101991.jpg

and here is the finished product

020820101990.jpg

020820101994.jpg

not bad for a mornings work and @ £4.99 for the bucket you cant go wrong

on a side note that maxi gom is critical mass crossed with ak47 and apparently they yield big in short grow times if the cola in the pic is anything to go by on their advert then im gonna be in for a treat :)

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts