What's new

The classiest coffeeshop in Amsterdam?

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
Glad to hear Abraxis is back up and running.
I like their hot chocolate on a cold day.

Too bad about Homegrown Fantasy Coffeeshop though,

Homegrown Fantaseeds is still in business.

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
A classy coffee shop to me is one with lots of light, big windows or skylights. Clean glass bongs goes a long way for me.

I really don't like dark dungeon holes filled with smoke, where i can't see what I'm smoking without a flashlight.

Antoine Mack

Cannasseur extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like the Club Media and the Original Dampkring. But the latter only when the right people are on their shift.

picture.php

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, Jahnice, I second that (with sadness) about Homegrown Fantasy. Would frequent there and Betty Boop when on NZ Voorburgwal. Although small, I liked Stix, too over by the Rembrandtplein.

Amsterdab16

Hi all, name's Amsterdab16,

Resident Amsterdammer here. Inaugural post, figured I'd drop my two cents here. Sure it's been mentioned but would have to nominate Boerejonens Centre & Yo-Yo as the two top contenders.

Boerejongens Centre may be the only coffeeshop in all of Holland that truly enforces the no tobacco mandate, a N. American stoner's delight!

420chicano

There are more coffeeshops than you can visit on one trip.
While I enjoyed most of them, none of them were what I'd call classy, swank, or upmarket.

Do you know of a posh coffeshop? Real clean and classy interior with nice furniture?

Not saying I'm too good for the others, just curious if anyone has taken the initiative to make a high class one?

Of course, if such a place exists, the prices for the weed & hash would probably be more expensive than anywhere else...and that's to be expected.

Again, don't get me wrong: I enjoyed the dark & funky shops I visited (like the Arabica Lounge and De Tweede Kamer). Just curious, that's all.
If you want Good Pot it’s BlueBird..and Double shot Americano Coffee … starts your day perfect .. oh but it’s not Posh😂

goingrey

Feng shui wise I liked one that has closed, small place had like outdoor style wooden benches and tables right next to big windows, and was very clean. Can't remember what it was called or where it was. Any ideas? Well doesn't matter it has closed anyway.

And Bushdoctor. Now it's called Family First, maybe they have renovated? But based on how it used to be... Not exactly a classy place indoors, going up those small stairs into the fully tagged up rooms, proper heroin den vibes. But a lot of outdoor tables where you can chill like some kind of regular person at a normal restaurant while smoking your j, I like that.

Ca++

Feng shui wise I liked one that has closed, small place had like outdoor style wooden benches and tables right next to big windows, and was very clean. Can't remember what it was called or where it was. Any ideas? Well doesn't matter it has closed anyway.
Just along from Central? A rounded wooden conservatory at the front of the building.

Most coffee shops are as comfortable as a church. Soft furnishings are not suitable, and they don't really want people reading a newspaper like it was costa. They want them doors revolving.

It's all a bit second rate feeling. Grasshopper said it all. With a couple of posh wine drinking floors, and smokers in the basement, scoring from a counter like found in most banks. Only it was reverse robbery, where people actually wanted to return stuff, not take it.

One of Barnies coffee shops is straight across from one of his wine bars. Where he allows smoking. I spent a long night at the counter that ran the full length of the window. In relative comfort, with good coffee, watching the ebb n flow of tourists in the narrow street.

There was a place with a smoking room above, full of bean bags and stuff. I guess the option was there to wash them. Corner lot, in the light district. I forget..

I think blue velvet shut. Then I heard of it again, so I'm not sure. It was a couple of floors, with pool tables, dance music, a bar feel as they sold drinks. I think it was on different floors, but you could move between them. As a bar, they are more interested to getting you comfortable. Not creating a crowded uncomfortable scene, that stops you getting seated for a coffee and smoke

With smoking being kept off the street more, there should really be more provision for smokers. There is no point buying it, if you can't smoke it anywhere. I would of hoped for smoking areas in parks, but now even hotel choice is getting tricky.

goingrey

Just along from Central? A rounded wooden conservatory at the front of the building.
Nah it wasn't a rounded conservatory just like a regular shop space.

With smoking being kept off the street more, there should really be more provision for smokers. There is no point buying it, if you can't smoke it anywhere. I would of hoped for smoking areas in parks, but now even hotel choice is getting tricky.
I don't think smoking in parks is banned? Why have a separate smoking area? Just don't litter, I'm talking to filter cigarette smokers especially!

Ca++

I don't think smoking in parks is banned? Why have a separate smoking area? Just don't litter, I'm talking to filter cigarette smokers especially!
It's an odd situation, with it being illegal anyway. However, on top of it being illegal, it's now even more illegal in the inner city. Where it can't be smoked on the street, which translates to in parks. Or in public generally. They say the terrace outside the shop is next, if the smells not reduced. It's the same old story. People get flats in cheap areas, then moan about the reasons their flat is cheap.

Personally I would like a flat there, and wouldn't be happy about them toning down the area. They are now trying to stop people entering the zone after 1am, and shutting clubs by 2, and sending the girls home by 3.

Cuddles

this is not a problem if there is a bin nearby. Just put the fag out with say some water and put it in the bin.

Latest posts

Latest posts