What's new

The 2011 outdoor season is now declared open.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Couple of pics from the latest plant down, hfh hp2 chopped about a week early.

017-6.jpg

010-7.jpg

024-4.jpg

Pretty good yield for one plant and quite resistant to mould considering the weather we had this year.

Lovely HFH HP2. They seem to reliably frost up. How do you find the taste?

Both HP & HP2 did very well for me here. My climate is drastically different. Here I had drought, high temps and leaf blight. The hashplants took it all in stride, faring much better than anything else I had out.

C

COOKIE MONSTER

Your summers are always like that , what about the weather now ? :jump:

I was going to say haha good joke but sadly your right, Badger :)
Ah it's getting cold, first night since Feb. we have had to light both fires.
No frost yet but probably tomorrow night, it's the wind I'm more worried about.....this time of year damage tends to turn into mould when the sap is full of sugars.

Lovely HFH HP2. They seem to reliably frost up. How do you find the taste?
Both HP & HP2 did very well for me here. My climate is drastically different. Here I had drought, high temps and leaf blight. The hashplants took it all in stride, faring much better than anything else I had out.

Hiya Claude :wave:
It's been an absolute pleasure reading your thread in the HFH forum, that old 10 speed race must have seen a few mile this season checking on plants :)

It's a bit soon to comment on taste as the hp2 is only a week in the curing jar but the so far it's actually quite smooth for freshly dried and has a slight hint of fruitiness.

It's a tough old strain thats for sure, you had drought, high temps and leaf blight while I had grey skies, below average temps and rain for most of the summer and we both did well :)

Are you going with some hp2 next year Claude?

C

COOKIE MONSTER

Yep I think our unseasonable warm snap is well and truly over, on the bright side the frosts will slow down the mould a bit.

I've only 3 plants left and only 2 will finish.

Hp2 is about a week away from being ready to cut, she had only a tiny bit of mould and already took a nice dose of frost in May so hopefully it will last another 2 weeks.
188.jpg

Same with this Danish Gold tho they were a tiny bit more sensitive to the cold and suffereda little scorching in May.
168-1.jpg

^ this one just got stuck in reveg for quite a while, her sister plant is already in the curing jars.

This cross from last year is never going to finish so it will end up in the freezer.
173-1.jpg

I've quite a bit of trim and bud in the freezer and those dry ice videos are quite interesting, seems like a good excuse to order some bubble bags.

Anyone have any good recommendations?

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
They have filled in nicely cookie, how are the hash plants smelling? If your getting bubble bags use the larger bags, I bought the smaller ones years ago, they don't hold a lot of trim so more runs through the bags that's very annoying.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Get the 5 Gal bags, they are the best, you can fit in a lot more trim vs the 1 Gal. I've got the lil washing machine and it kicks ass, takes all the graft out of making hash, although if you put the wash on for the full 15 minutes your hash comes out a lil green but that's handy fixed.

C

COOKIE MONSTER

AH I'm not going with water hash this time, going to try dry ice so the mesh screens are all I really need.

C

COOKIE MONSTER

Pretty much just the screen and some dry ice, there a few places in ireland that sell ice typically 10kg is the minimum order.

It sure seems like a nice quick n easy method and sure I can bho the leftovers.....nom nom nom jelly hash :)

MJBadger

Veteran
Never tried dry ice method b4 , get some thick gloves coz you won`t be pulling one off if you get your hand in that stuff .

I was looking at screens a while ago (there was a thread on them) . The grower had bucket type things with a big hole cut in bottom & the screening glued on & the buckets stacked inside each other .
Nylon has to be the way to go as the screen sizes are near ideal & a lot cheaper .
Not ideal but i would go for 27micron 80 & 150 as there is no 120 , then just keep the run from 27 & 80 . Those sizes are pretty close to Waterbags i think .

C

COOKIE MONSTER

Met Éireann has issued a weather alert countrywide for this evening and tomorrow.
Heavy rain is expected leading to flooding in places.
Met Eireann says it expects showers to develop in all areas this evening with up to 70mm of rain expected to fall between now and Tuesday morning.
Coastal counties of Munster and Leinster are most at risk for the highest rainfall and flooding is probable in some areas.
It will also be extremely windy - especially on Monday morning with southeasterly gales and gusts of 80km-110km an hour in exposed areas.
Theres a gale warning in place and high winds are expected on Irish coastal waters from Fair Head to Carlingford Lough to Mizen Head and on the Irish Sea.

C

COOKIE MONSTER

Yeah I seen the news at lunchtime today, was very sad about the Guard and the woman dying because of a bit of rain.

C

COOKIE MONSTER

yeah sad indeed. We got 1 months rain in 3 hours!!!!

Yeah, I was looking at the stream last night and it was a few feet above normal.
The ground must be already saturated because it's not that often you see the rain just sheeting off into the stream.

Well 1 good thing is my outdoor buds were lovely and clean :)

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
record rainfall and the only plant to go moldy in the outdoor drying so far is a freaky old farm nepal that looked like a dr grinspoon (pic)
Grinspoon.jpg

old nep isnt mold proof, but finding a strain that does well on northern facing slopes is great to have:jump:

harvested some more plant today and took a detour on the way back, found a site id thought about using had been taken in another land grab, would have been a potentially nasty surprise on harvest day.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
the only plant to go moldy in the outdoor drying so far is a freaky old farm nepal that

after a busy few weeks away from the plants and out door dry i went over the weekend, all drying bud was moldy, all the gumby hash was nasty sludge and nearly all plants were nothing but mold, last 4 will be taken down next week. annoyed about the gumby but couldnt be helped.

some old pics i took ages ago,sorry little blurry. 2 pic is old farm nep, will check for name of first one later.
picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts