What's new

The 2011 outdoor season is now declared open.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
if i had the money in my hand right now id grab aload of hfh gear , great pics cookie.

Weather did some bad damage, have a good few cases of stem mould and a little bud mold, got some slightly early seeds from kc36 though:jump:

C

COOKIE MONSTER

Von if the stem mould is not too bad try scrubbing the stem with a little peroxide and cover the area with heal and seal...should stop it returning.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
i put baking powder/soda(check and edit later) on them and looked today and stems were sorted, however iv got bud mold on a few, only done one mold spray this year and didn't make enough horse tail tea unfortunately. gumby hash then:jump:

also theres some interesting threads on a uk grow site about female seeds, seems to be a general consensus that this years stock are way different than last years.

got another load of kc36 seeds again, hopefully some will germ next year

N

ninja bud

Mabak what the hell does your post have to do with outdoor growing? I seem to remember Cookie Monster asking you to keep your posts relevant to the thread. You may like that music but Im sure you can find another thread to post in. I think there is a music thread in the Tokers Den.

C

COOKIE MONSTER

For the life of me I really cant make the connection or relevance between the reggae tunes and growing outdoors.

Nice tunes Mabak, maybe put them in the trad music thread in the eire forums where videos are allowed...it'll make less work for HGO :tiphat:

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
Visited a plot today and found mold galore, majority of plants need a week + but im going to start chopping/salvaging tomorrow.

i found deseeding the kc36 bud horribly tedious so all non moldy seedy bud now gets a rough trim, drizzled in olive oil covered in cheese and put in a fry pan till the cheese is melted and the seeds give of a nutty smell. then it all goes on to a sandwich, dont think theres much of a kick to it but it tastes amazing.

C

COOKIE MONSTER

Ah a week wont make that much difference, most of mine were cut a week early for the same reason and they are plenty potent

I have to say, the hp2 has very good resistance..my later flowering pheno is free of mould with a week or 2 left to go :jump:

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Congrats all! I'm just waiting on a friend to drop round some of his outdoor now, he had to chop a few weeks early because of mold. When was the first frost last year? I can remember reading it somewhere on one of these threads?

HGO

C

COOKIE MONSTER

Congrats all! I'm just waiting on a friend to drop round some of his outdoor now, he had to chop a few weeks early because of mold. When was the first frost last year? I can remember reading it somewhere on one of these threads?

HGO

Sept 18 according to Von.

Whats your buddy dropping around?

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
Really regret not getting some bubble bags, nearly everything i have drying are side nugs, mold got everything else.

also regret not keeping proper notes, some dank smelling and interesting looking stuff, but no idea wtf they are :frown:

any one get snow today?

C

COOKIE MONSTER

No snow yet but the 5 day forecast is terrible, gale force winds, heavy rain and frost.

My hp2 should be ok but I'm not so sure about the other plants :freezing:

C

COOKIE MONSTER

I remember you talking about doing that last year, how is it working out for you, did you lose any cut buds to mould?

What way are you doing it, tarp over bushes?

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
last years went well, that was even with a very wet october. There were some tiny bits of mold but i only started losing alot with stuff that had been left out for two weeks ,which was pushing it.
The big difference and what has me worried was last years crop had been fed lots of horse tail tea, this year not as much as i like.

its all just hung on line under some pine trees in a very windy spot.

Had some stuff mold during the year but that was hidden and forgotten about with no burping.

MJBadger

Veteran

No snow yet but the 5 day forecast is terrible, gale force winds, heavy rain and frost.

Your summers are always like that , what about the weather now ? :jump: