What's new

Thai Chi

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
We have sunshine today and the Thai Chi girls are happy. I'll go take a few pictures right now.

I get the majority of my greenhouse sunshine from the South or to the left in my bottom picture. This is why I separate my plants to perceived/expected plant growth structures and heights.

This way as the plants matue they aren't fighting for direct sunlight as much. By mid August the shorter later started plants will be getting full unobstructed sunlight and the rest of the greenhouse will be big enough to defend themselves in a very competitive environment.

Benefits of a later plantings with certain strains?

I have the most color expressive lines on the south side. I have an incredible vegetative growth cycle here at my geographic location.

What I don't have is the ultimate flowering environmental conditions, henceforth the 10+ week ladies are in the middle or the North side, out of the way.

Everything else gets to enjoy flowering into October aided with the help of dairy barn heaters if needed. This allows the visible phenotypic expressions to be more pronounced at harvest.

Sorry to ramble; preparation insights give you more options of benefit later in your grows. Later in September if I harvest a particular plant on the left side, I'm rewarded with more direct sunshine for the middle and North side plants.
Peace farmerlion

20240703_131555.jpg
20240703_131539.jpg
20240703_131531.jpg
20240703_131518.jpg
20240703_131836.jpg

Black Venus

I'm new here, and thought I would share some pics of my beautiful magical Thai Chi plant which I grew in the greenhouse in 2022.

I love my sativas and I really wanted to try Thai Chi after hearing Dubi talk about it on the Potcast, but the odds were stacked against me. I live in the UK at 51 degrees North and only grow outdoors, so the chances of getting a Thai sativa to finish adequately were not great. But I'm a great believer in trying stuff rather than assuming it can't be done, so I sowed one seed.

The plant was beautiful, but so late to start flowering! When I got to early October and most of my plants were close to finishing, the Thai Chi had only just started putting out pistils. By the end of October it was the only plant still not harvested. But it was healthy and mould-free so I let it get on with doing its thing just to see what would happen. As the nights turned colder it began to turn the most beautiful shades of red, purple and black, and still it kept on slowly flowering.

These photos were taken on 19th November. Having a plant still blooming so late in the season is unheard of for me – most things are rotting away long before then. I got lucky with a relatively dry and sunny autumn (by UK standards) and the Thai Chi just seemed to thrive. I finally harvested it on 27th November, when the first signs of mould started to appear. In an ideal world it would have gone another week or so, but it still gave me a very good yield of stunning buds. The aroma was sublime ... like ripe blackcurrants.

View media item 18719423
View media item 18719422
View media item 18719421
View media item 18719417
This plant was a stunner in every way. It has a beautiful uplifting spiritual high, refined and euphoric, with no negative side. I keep it as my special reserve to enjoy on special occasions. Thank you Dubi for your magic!

Tranquilidade

Smoke report Please
Early sample experience was deeply enjoyable and introspective. It heightened three senses significantly: taste, smell, and vision. There was a subtle feeling of lightness, but it didn't induce an overly dreamlike state. The effect created a strong desire for solitude in a natural setting, inspiring activities like Tai Chi:sneaky:, focused on breathing, and stretching while being completely alone. The effects of this green pheno closely resemble those of the previously experienced purple Thai Chi. The similarities in the overall experience suggesting a comparable psychoactive profile. Thai Chi is a no-ceiling intellectual treat.

outsidegrower

Premium user
Veteran
Thai Chi's today. First pre flowers today at 43 degrees north. One is 5.5 feet tall and the other is 4.5. Sour grape smelling stem rub on the tall one and chocolate incense on the short one.

Attachments

• 20240712_135936.jpg
    20240712_135936.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
  • 20240712_135946.jpg
    20240712_135946.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 32
  • 20240712_135955.jpg
    20240712_135955.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 33
  • 20240712_140010.jpg
    20240712_140010.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello Ace family,
I had been sitting on a pack since these came out. Beautiful pictures posted recently, I wish mine were further along, but not at the expense of our short summer being over.

View attachment 19033212
CONGRATULATIONS ME!!!

At the beginning of the year I was gifted two lines being developed by a friend with restrictions pertaining to out crossings. Not a problem, I keep my word.

Today while checking on the girls with a 10x loupe, one of the MOB x Blue Magoo Bx3 plants has new nanners and my heart started racing until I remembered the restrictions. So before I was about to honor the restriction and culling the plant, I decided to reach out to the Breeder of that line.

To my great joy after sending him some pics in a Pm and sharing that I have 3 Thai Chi females, two Durban females two Black Lebanon females and some more nice varietals that could be covered.

@Ohwolfie gave permission to make some incredible crosses. Not to mention a very bushy Destroyer that would be my Grail to have an incredible (Mother of Berries/Main Original Berry) crossed to.

Thank you Ohwolfie 😊
Peace brother 🙏
farmerlion

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
It's just so beautiful i have to show it again! :biggrin: :smokey:

20240718_194510-01.jpeg

It's getting pretty sunny again at the east window at this time in the evening, thanks to the summer sun and reflecting neighbours. ^^ (y) So the cuts can grow more till flowering and i can take nice pics in the evening too.
📸 😁

Latest posts

Latest posts