What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Symmetry perpetuates the illusion of perfection

Boob McNoob

I'm as guilty as anyone of pride and prejudice; rating my efforts not only against what I've previously experienced but what others have shared. This manifests in comically tortured logic to justify my rationalizations. The perception that from my humble no name volume purchased bagseed, there is the potential for achieving a finished product on par with Cannabis Cup winners is inarguably laughable. Discounting the perspectives of more experienced and serious home growers is an unintentional shield to guard my preconceived notions from the cold light of reason. Over the course of the more than a dozen years of sharing and comparing I've swatted away well intentioned criticisms about lighting, nutrients, scheduling, training and others as a way of justifying (to myself) that my methods and results outweigh cold hard facts. Trichome development, bud structure, complexity of their aromatic profile are clear indications that named strains exist on another level that I'm very unlikely to reach. One inherently prized aspect in growing is the curb appeal of a given plant with shade, shape, and vitality viewed as the markers of success. Imperfections are seen as weakness and either consciously bred out or trimmed to please a sense of visual uniformity. With this particular specimen, I'm leaning in against my own preference and will be taking cuts from the aberrant growth to judge whether what is normally relegated to the scrap heap can produce on par with what the show ponies of more conventionally pleasing plants. Others who've veered from the path of perfection are welcome to share and discuss their perspectives and experiences.
20240703_022739.jpg
20240703_022718.jpg
20240703_022650.jpg
20240703_022619.jpg
20240703_022542.jpg

Boob McNoob

Several cuts taken and hopefully rooting of the anomalous specimen who is now on short hours and should be upgraded to a 5 gal when my next pair are harvested sometime next month. My flowering room is a 4 x 4.5 walk in closet with shelves along both walls where new faces enter and transition under a matching pair of Growstar 150 UFOs, ground floor is full flowering with six mature plants staggered to provide a pair for harvest at the end of each month.
20240724_223518.jpg
20240724_223525.jpg
20240724_223506.jpg

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
very interesting thoughts!
in most plants there is a meristem, the dominant branch that outgrows the rest of the plant
/its a hormonal thing
but you can change this but topping/pruning or bending the branches
from an old "growers" perspective, the best rooms were pretty uniform with just rows of corn cobs

that pic is freaky shit, its called a birth defect
but is it a defect? you can see on the right hand that its almost liek two bones fused into one finger! a super finger!!!
and looking at the fingers that guy uses his hands!

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Several cuts taken and hopefully rooting of the anomalous specimen who is now on short hours and should be upgraded to a 5 gal when my next pair are harvested sometime next month. My flowering room is a 4 x 4.5 walk in closet with shelves along both walls where new faces enter and transition under a matching pair of Growstar 150 UFOs, ground floor is full flowering with six mature plants staggered to provide a pair for harvest at the end of each month.
View attachment 19037685 View attachment 19037686 View attachment 19037684
that looks like a tidy room
are they all teh same var.?
nice canopy

Boob McNoob

The apparent uniformity in my flowering room is more due to my LST routine than a similarity between those two donor Moms.
My perpetual is based on two very meager under performing girls that were partially harvested and revegged to try to both prove they had more potential and insure that all cuts would be female rather than suffering through the disappointment of males. So far, I've not had a hermie or male evidence and all have been manifestly more robust and rewarding than their moms. The success of this strategy is the fact that I've now got roughly 12 1/2 gal mason jars filled with buds and a system in place that's offering two mature gals for harvest each month so my backlog is only growing since I probably only consume on average about a quarter of what is harvested.

Latest posts

Latest posts