What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Swazi Red/Rooibaard

aeric

Veteran
I would sprout em before they get much older....i tried in vain several times to get those seeds from AS, just wasn't meant to be. Then tried power plant (1/2 african) and had to break down in seedling stage. Nirvanas was the only one that got anywhere.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Here´s some Rooibart pix showing her after training:

Nice Swazi Aeric :yes: Could you please describe some odors? I just noticed my little lady releases carrot kind of odor when her stem is rubbed between my fingers :yummy:

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
this is a colombian x swazi red, the swazi parents came from afropips seeds, still have 4 more unpopped seeds, will pop them soon and see if i can make more seeds and adapt them better to here.

peace

aeric

Veteran
Thanks Herbalistic.
...rubber skunk on the sat, sprite-pine on the 50/50
It was like walking into an auto shop with that fresh rubber tire smell, with a touch of skunk,but not like a modern "dank" or "roadkill" skunk and when dried it was like a soft (not sharp) parsley, with a liver undertone. I was looking out for the typical anise (know that's more durban, but anyways...), or carrot smell but never noticed it. The other was a very distinct sprite (the cola) smell with a hashy tone, reminded more of a classic hashplant type with the bud density and smell, and dark leaves. They weren't organic so they may have had a little more depth if they had been...the moms quickly went downhill for some reason, got spindly and stretchy too soon (as if they were years older) so were culled. The male i tried to keep autoflowered relentlessly and was culled before i could do anything with him, not a good trait to pass on. The high...takes you to another place and time, another way of being that is different from most strains, not exactly happy or sad but even keel, yet energetic, but in a subtle, not overpowering way, hardheads can't appreciate it.

There always needs to be some good African around, so hopefully another company can spring up to take the place of African seeds or Afropips.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Thank you for your kind words Spangli and btw.. I agree :D

Did you score them Rooibart beans lord benis? If not I get back to you regarding the PM you send (I did read it and forget it, sorry :redface:)

LORD BENIS

I did end up finding a source, but could use more. As you all probly know African Seeds is long gone and I'm afraid that Afropips, who had all their original stock, is gone too. African seeds went under a few years ago so I'm worried about low germ rates as the seeds will be 2-3 years old, minimum. If you're still willing to trade please shoot me a pm. :)

Johnnyseed

Are you waiting for African Seeds to restock? If so, I have heard that all those seeds are gone for good. But Afropips has a Swazi Red @ seedboutique.

This post was some time ago. But I'm searching for the strain. Us it ANYWHERE?! IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS SINCE COLLEGE. LOL

purple_man

Veteran
high fambz!

sadly african seeds company stopped existing in early 2000's, if you find any stock it will be VERY old -> most likely with a very low or non existing germination rate.

check out afropips, from what i read he started reproducing some of his offerings couple of months ago, used to have the rooi barat too, think he is on facebook now under the handle afropips...

blessss

cpatto666

I'll pull this thread back from the dead as i still have Swazi Rooibarrd from African Seeds in my freezer from 20+ years ago. Will attempt to pop some soon. Odds are looking good as i just popped 4 out of 4 AK48's from the same era along with 3 out of 4 Reefermans NL.

cpatto666

Boom

Attachments

• 20200316_210648.jpg
    20200316_210648.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200316_210707.jpg
    20200316_210707.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 17

El Timbo

I'll pull this thread back from the dead as i still have Swazi Rooibarrd from African Seeds in my freezer from 20+ years ago. Will attempt to pop some soon. Odds are looking good as i just popped 4 out of 4 AK48's from the same era along with 3 out of 4 Reefermans NL.

Good luck!

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕ 🦫
Boom indeed cpatto666!!!

Please don't cull the males and make more seeds. These are sought after beans.

El Timbo

Just dropped over 100 of these into water... they were made from African Seeds stock (EDIT: They were from Afropips stock) by a member on here but they haven't been well stored - fingers crossed.

Last edited:

cpatto666

I definitely wont cull the males. I intend to bring this Rooibard back from the dead. And cross it with a pure Afghani i have :)