What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Super Skunk

BerryManilow

I picked up both the Super Skunk & "Roadkill" Skunk clones around the same time earlier this year and ran them both side by side.

I smelled skunk very early on, probably within the first 2 weeks of flowering. By weeks 5-7 it was the absolute description of RKS. The smell was so overpowering and it penetrated the walls, and left a cloud of skunk around the whole area, inside and out. I smelled skunk from 500 ft. away clear as day!!!

- leaves and plant smell like straight up skunk & cat piss
- plant will smell up the room in veg

It has such a strong skunk smell, one of the loudest smelling plants by far!! It's hard to say for sure since both skunks were growing together with 3 other strains, but I believe the Super Skunk was the heavy stinker. I couldn't smell the other strains unless I touched the plants. Both skunks had a pretty powerful smell just being close to them. If you moved any branches or touched any part of them, you would get a huge whiff of skunk.

Took some branches at different days of harvest for testing and sampling.

SScure.jpg

SScure1.jpg
SScure2.jpg
SScure4.jpg
SScure5.jpg

Genetics: Super Skunk (Afghan T x Skunk#1)

Breeder: Nevil

Overall: 10 / 10

Bag Appeal: 10/10 giant, stinky, skunky, sticky buds.

Odor: 10/10 Smells like hash and skunk spray! Smells through a ziploc and a tote bag and stinks up the entire room.

Taste: 10/10 Glass bowl tastes like old school hash with some skunk, joint tastes like skunk with some hashy overtones.

Potency: 10/10 Early branch tested @ 20.2%THC, 0.74% CBGa, 1.1% CBCa. The full spectrum of cannabinoids and terpenes makes this hit like a 30% strain.

Duration: 9.5/10 - 1.5hours. Very intense head high with a slight body buzz.

The taste is pretty damn skunky! Nothing sweet or fruity about it. Musky, hashy, skunky, very potent, to the point where my eyes were almost crossing. I smoke really strong flower but this got me so high. Very heady and the flavor is amazing. The taste stays with you. I'd imagine this is a very strong medical strain with lots of benefits. It's still curing now and it seems to get skunkier on the cure.

New glass bowl - first hit tastes like classic hash! VERY STRONG - 1 hit wonder. 2nd hit tastes like hash but with more skunk flavor and smell coming out.

These plants looked done by 7 weeks max, but I went 8 weeks running 1600ppm of CO2, which definitely sped up their lives. I could see it in my other strains also, so I used them as a gauge to tell how far they were along. Plus I was checking the trichromes. Nevil's description of Super Skunk states +/-48 days so that matches up.

From all of the accounts by Nevil, I would say that this plant matches his description of Super Skunk. The hashy Afghan T with the cross of skunk 1. The RKS is in this strain but it's not straight roadkill. It has every single quality of RKS, other than the "dead skunk" smell. The taste is less dead skunk, more hashy & skunky tasting. I personally don't think it smells like a dead skunk but it does smell like skunk spray!! Even the description of his Super Skunk states it has "more body" than just the skunk by itself.

All around phenomenal strain and grows like a perfect plant. One of the best I've ever grown or smoked!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I picked up both the Super Skunk & "Roadkill" Skunk clones around the same time earlier this year and ran them both side by side.

I smelled skunk very early on, probably within the first 2 weeks of flowering. By weeks 5-7 it was the absolute description of RKS. The smell was so overpowering and it penetrated the walls, and left a cloud of skunk around the whole area, inside and out. I smelled skunk from 500 ft. away clear as day!!!

It has such a strong skunk smell, one of the loudest smelling plants by far!! It's hard to say for sure since both skunks were growing together with 3 other strains, but I believe the Super Skunk was the heavy stinker. I couldn't smell the other strains unless I touched the plants. Both skunks had a pretty powerful smell just being close to them. If you moved any branches or touched any part of them, you would get a huge whiff of skunk.

View attachment 19058873
View attachment 19058874 View attachment 19058875 View attachment 19058876 View attachment 19058877

Odor: 10/10 Smells like hash and skunk spray! Smells through a ziploc and a tote bag and stinks up the entire room.

Taste: 10/10 Glass bowl tastes like old school hash with some skunk, joint tastes like skunk with some hashy overtones.

Potency: 10/10 Early branch tested @ 20.2%THC, 0.74% CBGa, 1.1% CBCa. The full spectrum of cannabinoids and terpenes makes this hit like a 30% strain.

The taste is pretty damn skunky! Nothing sweet or fruity about it. Musky, hashy, skunky, very potent, to the point where my eyes were almost crossing. I smoke really strong flower but this got me so high. Very heady and the flavor is amazing. The taste stays with you. I'd imagine this is a very strong medical strain with lots of benefits. It's still curing now and it seems to get skunkier on the cure.

New glass bowl - first hit tastes like classic hash! VERY STRONG - 1 hit wonder. 2nd hit tastes like hash but with more skunk flavor and smell coming out.

These plants looked done by 7 weeks max, but I went 8 weeks running 1600ppm of CO2, which definitely sped up their lives. I could see it in my other strains also, so I used them as a gauge to tell how far they were along. Plus I was checking the trichromes. Nevil's description of Super Skunk states +/-48 days so that matches up.

From all of the accounts by Nevil, I would say that this plant matches his description of Super Skunk. The hashy Afghan T with the cross of skunk 1. The RKS is in this strain but it's not straight roadkill. It has every single quality of RKS, other than the "dead skunk" smell. The taste is less dead skunk, more hashy & skunky tasting. I personally don't think it smells like a dead skunk but it does smell like skunk spray!! Even the description of his Super Skunk states it has "more body" than just the skunk by itself.

All around phenomenal strain and grows like a perfect plant. One of the best I've ever grown or smoked!
Thanks for posting friend.

kro-magnon

Veteran

View attachment 19058873
View attachment 19058874 View attachment 19058875 View attachment 19058876 View attachment 19058877

The fast flowering cycle of the Super Skunk was her best trait for me, I could grow this plant to complete maturity outdoor at lat44N, usually harvesting around 5/10 october. Being able to harvest really mature plants outdoor makes a huge difference in the quality, one cross who made very good results in my environment was Aurora Borealis from The Flying Dutchmen, NLX SK#1 but I don't remember which one is male/female, the year I've grown those seeds the plants were ready a little bit before the Super Skunk and the flowers had a sweeter smell, it made some great smoke with a very positive high, more uplifting than the Super Skunk, but both made outstanding buds outdoor.

Latest posts

Latest posts