What's new

Strawberry Cough x SSSDH Test Grow

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dudes #7 is the tastiest smoke but idk why I just DON'T like it... It is the best pheno hands down but some reason has me liking #1 the most.

I'm keeping #7/#1 indefinitely.

OJD needs to hit these beans again with the strawberry cough and not feminize it lol :D

Besides that I think taken to a F3 level would bring the pheno count down to 2 from 5.

#6 is some of the best smoke out of the bunch - kinda bummed I didn't keep her for round 2 comparo

Thanks for tuning in.

We have seeds w/o a doubt.

I'll be keeping a few top colas of #1/#7 and waxing the rest.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks man! You will be very pleased. I literally have a few keepers to choose from - so I'm sticking with the 2 best :D

From the other test grows too - it looks all amazing - great genetics from a great breeder.

The stretch is back! #5/#3 going HARD - #4 not so stretchy - she was a good seed plant - thats it.

Going ot aero clone and sprite bottle clone #1/#7

#7 grew on me - the cured smoke is so smooth - and like tony green stated it has no ceiling

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im learning alot along the way. A lot of that is how to communicate things and what words represent what.

All I have to say is the SSSDH is pure gold - and it comes out stronger than the strawberry cough - and since harvest - i been getting too high - all the time lol...

I didn't realize it till I hit up Tony Greens Test thread that "ceiling" was the word to use to describe the constant mind alter effects from smoking bowl after bowl.

Its very nicely balanced tho. You have the sweet floral of the SSSDH with some Sour nug structure - dense/hard - not spongy - and depending on pheno would depend on the terpenes but I picked the two with the best.

#7 smells like SSH and is the smoothest pheno - milky smoke - super soft on your inners while blasting you with taste. IMO this pheno smells like haze - like that good old haze Id get from NYC a while while back

#1 has a very complex terpene situation. On one had you can get a sweet honey taste that has a berry sweetness too it - but you can also get this nice sour smoke - this pheno is also smooth on the throat and lungs - but #1 has better lung expansion and forces a cough

Both are rock hard buds - loud smellers - and beauties too look at.

I'll be running both for a while.

Just cloned #7/#1 after some roots - mums will be in flower - #7 is ENORMOUS - really good genetics.

#3,4,5 are in flower and holy shit do #3/#5 stretch. #4 was probably just a good seed plant - the clone is pathetic - no stretch at all compared to mama - but maybe its not in ideal health/conditions... idk

I got pictures - but fuck im sooo not in the mood to upload all that shit.

Pretty sick since Xmas and I can't really smoke so I'm a lil grinchy lol

:tiphat: I hope OJD is okay - fool has been MIA!!!!

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I hope you feel better LyryC. Ide be way grinchy man.
I still have like 10 beans of SSSDH. Im waiting for the 21 male to develop and then Ill X them. SSSDH is a great strain. I have Strawberry Dogshit and was thinking that they may go well together. SDS x SSSDH? I also have the OGChem that I could cross the proginy to. I have so many ideas and not enough time or lights. SSSSDS x OGChem sounds yummy.
I made a mistake by not keeping a cut from each plant I flowered from OJD. I kept 2 that smelled awesome. After tasting a pheno that didnt smell like the others I was pissed. It tasted the best out of anything Ive grown in a long time. Great phenos to be found in his gear.
Im sure hes ok. Hes always really busy and goes MIA for abit then comes back when he has a chance.

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
Thanks for the advice brother you saved my ass on the first run after I saw Frankensteins hermie issue I immediately saw mine.

HOWEVER This time I know what happened - where the nanners were and all that bullshit - I'm just upset the damage took place :cry:

really upset and bummed out cause I'm sick of seeds lol!

But once again I'm getting rid of all phenos but #1. Aint nobody got time fo dat! hahahaha

Wish these were regs and I had a male so I can work on a pheno or two lock in a few traits or learn stuff - oh i'll shut up :D

Even though I had that single partially opened ballsack, I only found 1 immature seed and I did a super tight trim job on all of the plants. I got really lucky in that sense. Just thought I'd let you guy's know.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hope you feel better LyryC. Ide be way grinchy man.
I still have like 10 beans of SSSDH. Im waiting for the 21 male to develop and then Ill X them. SSSDH is a great strain. I have Strawberry Dogshit and was thinking that they may go well together. SDS x SSSDH? I also have the OGChem that I could cross the proginy to. I have so many ideas and not enough time or lights. SSSSDS x OGChem sounds yummy.
I made a mistake by not keeping a cut from each plant I flowered from OJD. I kept 2 that smelled awesome. After tasting a pheno that didnt smell like the others I was pissed. It tasted the best out of anything Ive grown in a long time. Great phenos to be found in his gear.
Im sure hes ok. Hes always really busy and goes MIA for abit then comes back when he has a chance.

Thanks man - CVS medication is owning compared to the Natural remedies... lame... but I feel really good today compared to hte past few days.

lol SSSSDS LOL BUT that cross sounds really appealing - I woudln't hesitate to pop those SSSDH man - you'll have a new keeper and if their regs - and you get a good male - well your set for life :)

Hear you on the space and lights - if only i could have a few tents all going at once :)

hook it up with a thread link ODW :wave:

Even though I had that single partially opened ballsack, I only found 1 immature seed and I did a super tight trim job on all of the plants. I got really lucky in that sense. Just thought I'd let you guy's know.

Nice! Thanks to ODW and you I caught it in time before the damage was immense. Not sure how many seeds i got from the almost a pound of SCxSSSDH but I don't even think it was 10 - if even 5 - my other buds from different genetics had more seeds.

These last girls might have seeds - I'm positive #3 has seeds

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
#3 Day 4 Week 1

picture.php

#5/#3 Day 7 Week 1 - I want to keep them but know I can't.
picture.php

Seeded #3 Tops
picture.php
picture.php

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
#1 - maybe a few seeds insert crying smily here - stupid icmag considers smilies images....
picture.php

#7 If the picture is from the 24th is Day 44 Week 7 If it says its the 26th its Day 46 Week 7
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lyryc first of i would like to apologize for not posting in this thread the last month
i was watching the whole time
got real busy with the cup and was not posting much at all

you put on a great show
great pics and details
amazing close ups making me drool
defo one of the best threads this round
loveing your latest pics, reminds me of pics of a strawberry diesel ive seen before(same structure)

sucks to hear you having hermi problems
its is the downside to fem seeds
how many phenos did throw naners?
did you have any light leaks

im giving 2 packs for free to any tester who finished his thread
il be in touch soon to offer you list of seeds

plus i will be giving 5 packs for the best thread out of all the testers
il anounce in a week, your deff in the running so il be in touch very soon(check pm)

again thanks for a great show
your in the first pick club for the future testing

peace

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
What a difference between 1 and 7. 7 looks like she'll have that right kind of thickness - if ya know what I mean ;)

Rep, rep - Im all out of rep :(

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lyryc first of i would like to apologize for not posting in this thread the last month
i was watching the whole time
got real busy with the cup and was not posting much at all

you put on a great show
great pics and details
amazing close ups making me drool
defo one of the best threads this round
loveing your latest pics, reminds me of pics of a strawberry diesel ive seen before(same structure)

sucks to hear you having hermi problems
its is the downside to fem seeds
how many phenos did throw naners?
did you have any light leaks

im giving 2 packs for free to any tester who finished his thread
il be in touch soon to offer you list of seeds

plus i will be giving 5 packs for the best thread out of all the testers
il anounce in a week, your deff in the running so il be in touch very soon(check pm)

again thanks for a great show
your in the first pick club for the future testing

peace

Reporting for Duty Sir! Glad all is good - cup was a success?

I only had heermie problesm like week 4 or something and besides just the one plant that was not worth teh trouble it was a really good run! Almost a whole elbow between the 6 girls ;)

What a difference between 1 and 7. 7 looks like she'll have that right kind of thickness - if ya know what I mean ;)

Rep, rep - Im all out of rep :(

#7 looks to be finished up sooner.

I think these are actually 10 week plants MAYBE 11 week. But gotta learn one way or the other.

I know I said I was going to run them 12 weeks. but Pheno #3 is WITHOUT A DOUBT ready for flush.

#7 is also ready for flush and #5 is turning purple!!!! Guess I gotta keep that pheno and work it out a bit more - it was the smoke that didn't catch my interests... I'll give it another try.

So happy to have some genuine haze flavors in the house

:thank you:

GSPfan

Veteran
This is my pick for best test grow if my opinion counts for anything. Nice pics (ojd even used your pic as THE pic for this strain) very informative and two rounds. Its hard to compete. And I can't wait to see pics of that purple pheno too!

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is very pleasing news - I am very honored. would you know where the picture is at GSP?

GSPfan

Veteran
Post 123, 2nd pic. Ive seen it at a bunch of seedbanks. Its a really good shot for what they were looking for. Much better than the one ojd chose of mine lol.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow - thats the exact bud I'm smoking on right now!!! hahaha I'll take a picture for ya'll - I been working her down - I love this pheno - but its just not dense and the terpene/flavor are well expressed in #7 but then again she was the biggest yielder.

These fucking plants are all so good is really difficult to let any of them go :(

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Post 123, 2nd pic. Ive seen it at a bunch of seedbanks. Its a really good shot for what they were looking for. Much better than the one ojd chose of mine lol.

Congratulations bro! Just found it at the tude. Hell of a feather for the hat! :peacock:

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys! What an honor! I'll have to be sure huge colas like that get the propah "studio" lol

:tiphat:

so I figured out my phenos and is it a bad thing that I want to keep them all? lol

#3 is the quickest I should be flushing her - #5 is right behind her

#3 is a 8 week plant.

#5 is probably 9 maybe 10

#7 10 week plant and #1 might be a 11 or 12 weeker - we'll see - least orange hair on her.

#4 is waking up and stretchin - nice to see her lively and active.

Norco/ibuprofen been keeping me alive - and those ear drops - fucking CVS medicine is quite expensive - no insurance for me but you hsould of herd the gulp when he told me how much it all was lol

Its all gravy i got it - but was a bit of a shocker it was so much :shucks:

the butter my roomie made has me feelin nice

must spread rep to share with WG and GSP again :)

Latest posts

Latest posts