What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Strains with pleasant smells when burning

kro-magnon

Veteran
Bhangi Haze fem is the only Ace strain I kept, for it's sweet smoke. Smells like Christmas presents when overfed/fresh but cures into the sweetest smoke both on tongue and in air. *shorter indica-tainted strain, don't be fooled.

Unsmokable = plastic terps. Vinyls, benzyls, acrylics. Flooring store terps, most are disgusting/toxic. Some call it 'terroir' rather than acknowledging that Marijuana is a vessel for chemistry, chemical reactions. Cracked bondo has too much catalyst in its chemical reaction. It's not subjective. And toxic plastic weed had too much phosphorus in its chemical reaction. It's not subjective.

A certain large subset of potheads actually hate Marijuana, and get high off the various toxins which legal Cannabis commonly features. Permanent Marker will be strain of the year. Which I have heard actually smells like garlic/weed when fed properly.

View attachment 19032321

Sorry America.. You're a bunch of phos boosted paint huffers n marker sniffers. I'd rather associate with taint sniffers and dog turd huffers. Most of those self revolving types can't even feel a sativa head high because they are not mentally sufficient. Not sure why it smells like "sweet gas" to some people. I always assumed toluene-xylene sniffers who smoke that nasty shit are the only ones who call it "candy gas".

The cause is excessive free P and phospholipid fatty acids in the soil. Cow shit can be 8:1 Phos:Nit. Overloads the dimethylallyl pyrophosphate pathway. Demethylates the allyl group (namesake = garlic) into a vinyl group, then to benzenes, acrylates, butyls, nitriles, stuff that has been referred to as "gas" only since Colorado/California went legal. Before then, overfed/unflushed/premie uncured bud did not get bought nor sold anywhere I'm aware of. You'd get hunted down and shot in the head if you sent a 10 pack of plastic across country.

But today, they might as well characterize a dimethyl vinyl pyrophosphate and dimethyl benzyl pyrophosphate pathway in Cannabis. And people worry about gene assisted "gmo" breeding, and demand solventless extracts.. Americans.. All fluff. No substance.

*They have a phrase in Columbia for people who smoke overphosphorylated unflushed prematurely harvested uncured plastic alkane weed. It basically translates to "He smoked it unripe, now his head in unripe."

Transmutation? Jesus? Terrence Howard?

Which Cannabis terps rely on hydrolysis?
Sorry but as english is not my first langage I'm not sure I get everything said here as it's a bit technical. About the soil too rich in Phosphrous it's possible but I had another clone next to the stinker who gave wonderful smelling buds, maybe the stinker was straight over an old dumping ground and just next it was more diluted, i couldn't tell.
About terroir I'm from south of France where we grow grapes to make wine and it is a reality, the soil will influence your results;

Ca++

Which Cannabis terps rely on hydrolysis?
Non. It's more like you need a wet mouth.

You will almost certainly know people that have to have a drink to enjoy their smoke. They may habitually make them in unison, or leave the J while they go and make one. Rather than take it with them.

Very few people like a dry smoke, except for the idea it's better value. Most of us are doing something about keeping as hydrated as possible. I just don't think the penny has dropped yet. The drier the smoke, the more your throttle off towards it. Ultimately leading to a gag or cough response.

Nobody is listening yet. Maybe a few more years. The cigar guys have a lead of about 200 though.

I Care

sweeter is usually better, kind of hints at that moisture content too.

Dry plant matter is that super acid spice smoke that burns your sinuses and your chest. makes you say no thanks after coughing on it.

You can cough and take another puff if you keep some moisture in it. When it peels apart and burns in a paper or a pipe it is perfect dry. if You go too dry and your puffage gets harsh, you may have to dry sift to restore then desired terrine profile. Speaking of which, my GMO dry sift smells absolutely amazing when smoked. I

Then there is also that woody smell you get from the ovaries or the embryos or whatever looks like little coral holes at the tips of the buds. Calyxs without hairs that have little brown saw dust flavored non fertilized seeds in them.

kro-magnon

Veteran
A simple trick to restore a bit of moisture in buds a bit too dry is adding some fresh leaves in the jar, the flowers will quickly suck the water out of the fresh plant matter and it doesn't alter the taste specially if it's from the same clone.

NEED 4 SEED

I found a beauty in a 10 pack of chimeras s1 years ago......also had a great pheno of his sweetest sativa many many years ago which is sweet skunk clone x BB massive yields also ... can still get the very same well stored seeds via breeders retail email ... sure a little search will pull up the info .... there is no bitterness to the smoke very unique genetics, its said to be a stand out NLXhaze
Which ones of Chimera's S1?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
@HomelyFans While I beg to differ on the terroir point, since the plant is changing outputs based on local inputs... no? :) You're right on point with the results of high P.

No matter what strain, some bunny manure will make the aromas and flavors more complex and powerful. I have already vowed to myself to never grow without rabbit manure, in some form or another.

*GROWHIGH*

Veteran
Which ones of Chimera's S1?
The official name is

''Lemon Cello''​

I believe the original clone has an intense lemon scent/flavour, hence the name , the s1's produce scents ranging from intense lemon to tropical fruits about 1/4 are flavourless with very low resin low yield....but the best examples really are off the charts sweet ...i rate this seed line highly (y)

NEED 4 SEED

@HomelyFans While I beg to differ on the terroir point, since the plant is changing outputs based on local inputs... no? :) You're right on point with the results of high P.

No matter what strain, some bunny manure will make the aromas and flavors more complex and powerful. I have already vowed to myself to never grow without rabbit manure, in some form or another.

Oh yes, rabbit poop is 'the shit', lol

NEED 4 SEED

The official name is

''Lemon Cello''​

I believe the original clone has an intense lemon scent/flavour, hence the name , the s1's produce scents ranging from intense lemon to tropical fruits about 1/4 are flavourless with very low resin low yield....but the best examples really are off the charts sweet ...i rate this seed line highly (y)
I grew his Grapefruit x Sweet Skunk and none of them had a nice smell. Very NLD in general, very hay smell mixed with Melissa and smelly feet odor. Didn't like it.