What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Specs for the New Grow Room

Dandelo

Thanks Dandelo, It's been a labor of love. I'm still working on growing good weed consistently but stay tuned. Do you have anything growing?

That is the fun of it, continuous improvement...keep setting new milestones :)

I do have something small going but in the process of redesign. I am going to have two 6-8 light flower rooms(10x15) and a fair sized veg area(6x20), a wash room for water supply and an air conditioned solventless hash processing area with a freeze dryer. Still working out the fine details but I will be sure to start a thread when its ready to rock and roll.

Leaning towards sealed rooms with 630w CMH :)

Fixer

Not wishing to alarm you, but stop posting identifiable information, like those windows! Do you really wanna get caught?

Hi wunderbra, Thanks for your concern. I'm fully legal so the authorities already know where to find me. :tiphat:

Fixer

That is the fun of it, continuous improvement...keep setting new milestones :)

I do have something small going but in the process of redesign. I am going to have two 6-8 light flower rooms(10x15) and a fair sized veg area(6x20), a wash room for water supply and an air conditioned solventless hash processing area with a freeze dryer. Still working out the fine details but I will be sure to start a thread when its ready to rock and roll.

Leaning towards sealed rooms with 630w CMH :)

Hi Dandelo, I love learning so this is a blast. I don't know what you have for ceiling height but if it's not 10'+ I'd stayaway from incandescent lights. In my situation (7' 1") I'm having better results with LED strip lights. :headbange

Dandelo

Hi Dandelo, I love learning so this is a blast. I don't know what you have for ceiling height but if it's not 10'+ I'd stayaway from incandescent lights. In my situation (7' 1") I'm having better results with LED strip lights. :headbange

Unfortunately my ceilings are about the same height ~7ft. I cant afford to go full on LED right now or even justify one LED fixture when I can fill a room with HPS/CMH for the same cost. LED is on my radar though and I have been tempted to try some of the cheaper options(quantum boards, ect). Still working out all the options and variables, it is fun :)

Fixer

Unfortunately my ceilings are about the same height ~7ft. I cant afford to go full on LED right now or even justify one LED fixture when I can fill a room with HPS/CMH for the same cost. LED is on my radar though and I have been tempted to try some of the cheaper options(quantum boards, ect). Still working out all the options and variables, it is fun :)

It's more fun shopping than buying for me. I'm having a hell of a time keeping the HPS lights far enough away from the plants. Whatever you do don't buy any 1000W fixtures. I inherited mine but as soon as I moved enough product I bought LED panel lights and I'm getting much better results. I can't wait to replace the HPS with two more LEDs. :party:

Attachments

• IMG_4096.jpg
    IMG_4096.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 29

Fixer

The Icarus under the HPS is doing what it's always done. Throwing big loose foxtailed buds. Their three sisters under the LEDs are looking better and are growing through the lights. I have light burn on one top. :blowbubbles:

Attachments

• IMG_4100.jpg
    IMG_4100.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4099.jpg
    IMG_4099.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4098.jpg
    IMG_4098.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4102.jpg
    IMG_4102.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 33

Fixer

I took the three under HPS down last night and chopped some of the tall colas off of the LED plants. I'm pretty sure the LEDs produced more weight. Let's see if any of it's worth keeping. :bigeye:

Attachments

• IMG_4091.jpg
    IMG_4091.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4114.jpg
    IMG_4114.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 31

Fixer

I've got to clear the drying rack. The plants under the LEDs have a ton of branches. I've run out of room.

Attachments

• IMG_4059.jpg
    IMG_4059.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 36

Fixer

All the Icarus are down and drying. :jump:

Attachments

• 62044019453__3387077D-0F82-46CD-BF68-DC78980225D3.jpg
    62044019453__3387077D-0F82-46CD-BF68-DC78980225D3.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 30

Fixer

I've got a lot of Bs I'm going to have to find a use for. Next up Mother's Milk and Key Lime Pie. I have two mothers I tossed onto the LED table when a spot opened up a month ago. They are in full flower. Behind them six Key Lime and three ZKittles.

Attachments

• IMG_4157.jpg
    IMG_4157.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4155.jpg
    IMG_4155.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4156.jpg
    IMG_4156.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Fixer

The new plants are establishing themselves. I'm seeing root opke through the fabric pots and lot of leaf growth. :wave:

Fixer

I just potted three Mother's Milk and four Master Kush into one gallon pots. I don't need them for a while but the plants were getting to the point of tipping their Solo cups over as they dried out. Next up are three more Zkittlez under the LEDs. :plant grow:

Fixer

The pic in the middle is of the KLP I'm growing sideways. It's buds aren't as mature as the two that are upright but I finally got away from the 1000W DE light.

Attachments

• IMG_4173.jpg
    IMG_4173.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4174.jpg
    IMG_4174.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4175.jpg
    IMG_4175.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4177.jpg
    IMG_4177.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4178.jpg
    IMG_4178.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 30

Fixer

I've done most of the major defoliation. The Mother's Milk and Sunset Sherbet should be ready in the next 2-3 weeks. :blowbubbles:

Latest posts

Latest posts