What's new

Southern Star Seeds Grow

idiit

Veteran
^ hardrain, that's exactly how my nb looked grown outdoors. ppl loved this weed after a 6 week cure. very seasoned, experienced ppl ( roadies with travelling bands) ate this strain up. are the buds hard feeling? mine were very firm.

Reactions: xet
H

hard rain

That's interesting! As you know, I was initially worried I had mixed my seeds when I saw these totally indica leaves. Thanks for the reassurance.
I've got very little of this so I will have to make sure I put some aside. I have some choice and the NB is what I am reaching for now. It's really nice, versatile pot.
The NB's looked solid growing, like hybrids. But when dry they have taken on a loose but solid feel, like very thick wire? Touch it and it feels solid, if you press hard it springs back to the same shape. The last bud (pictured) weighed 3 grams, it was just the very top lopped off the late bloomer. I will take the rest over the coming weeks.
Btw, the early flowering plant (last post, 2nd pic) produced probably less than half the late flowering one will. It was very nice though. I grow more for quality than quantity.

Last edited:

Lesnah

Nice!!!! Been lurking waiting for more Nanan Bouclou updates. I tried growing some lately but in a new environment and unfortunately only brought 4 seeds with me which kept falling ill to fungus.

hard rain, those NB's look choice as fuck, what smells and effects are you getting?

@ Idiit, sup bro glad to see you posting more!

ThaiBliss

Veteran
My outdoor Nanan Bouclou at 42 north:
picture.php

Starting to believe it will finish before November. It is very resinous now!

ThaiBliss

Lesnah

Guess i was wrong, sounds more like the Queensland side of the genes....either way the Nanan B is awesome :)

idiit

Veteran
yeah, tb's nanan bouclou looks like my outdoor grow that was so popular with smokers. on my all time best grow list 2011 golden tiger (meao thai version) after a 6 month cure by far #1. by the way, that meao thai version of golden tiger has many rave reviews on Ace's forum. The nanan bouclou (png dom) was easily tied for second with soa mandingo cut of Malawi gold.

the first nanan bouclou harvest for me was the best of the nanan bouclou. it came in October, northern hemisphere . these were the buds that had best exposure to strong fall light. the second harvest ( November) was good but not as good as the first harvest. first harvest's hard, meaty, frosty buds with a strong dreamy euphoric kick. tasted good. for me and the customers first class dreamy euphoric poly sativa high effects. secondary bud harvest in November not as good but still nice.

I really hope Thai Bliss gets a good harvest off his outdoor nb grow.

I've got a nanan bouclou png dom female going now for possible commercial strain hybrids.

H

hard rain

Nice!!!! Been lurking waiting for more Nanan Bouclou updates. I tried growing some lately but in a new environment and unfortunately only brought 4 seeds with me which kept falling ill to fungus.

hard rain, those NB's look choice as fuck, what smells and effects are you getting?

@ Idiit, sup bro glad to see you posting more!
Lesnah, glad you are still around and interested!

Both plants were harvested when I could see one or two amber trichs. Some people would take them longer.

I'm really not good with describing cannabis smells.The early harvest one (15 wks) had a tropical fruity smell, both did while growing. The later harvest (17 wks) is sweet, herbal, with a sour undertone is best I can think of right now.

The high is great from both plants. I am still getting to know them and neither has had a proper cure yet. I have to say that I am enjoying smoking both. I am only just now starting smoking the 17 wk plant. I described the high of the early one in my last post.

The second later harvest effect to me is feel good pot, happy, sort of euphoric, you can find yourself lost in thought, good for concentration. Suddenly you realise how much you are concentrating and your attention will go to something else. You feel the high in your face and behind the eyes, I find myself rubbing my face. It's strong but not overpowering. You might just solve the worlds problems on it, have a great conversation, play or listen to music. I managed a hike the other day and found it didn't stop me being active.

ThaiBliss, your Nanan Blouclou is gorgeous. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I lurk in your trip weed thread. Fascinating search.

Idiit, I am liking both, but strangely the early harvest is very, very good. I am used to 20 wk sativa's. 15 wks was nothing for something like this. Yield of the early one was not as good though.

Last edited:
Reactions: xet

Lesnah

Thanks HR!!!

Nanan Bouclou on the rise baby 😎

I'm stuck working for someone else growing usual Modern Day hybrids like Bubba/Lemon Jack etc...

But ill be growing the Bouclou once im done here hopefully before next summer.

OH Hard Rain, forgot to mention that the fruity pheno normally take about 4-6 weeks of proper curing for the aroma to really settle in. If you wait, you'll be blessed with a powerful Guava smell with notes of pepper and incense on the exhale!!! Sounds similar to what i read about when lurking in Haze threads.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Nanan Bouclou Update:
picture.php

Starting to show the Papua New Guinea Red influence in the pistils and stems. The color expressions should increase with a couple of cold nights on the horizon. Luckily, it will warm up again this week. Aroma is divine.
T.B.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Very nice picture ThaiBliss. It has been more than a month since you last posted. Guessing you have harvested by now, no? Did you dry a sample out yet?
No early sample yet. I'll post a smoke report when I do.

See post 3212 of "The Search for Trip Weed".