What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Shiva Grows

strain_hunter

I ordered 100ml of ethyl alcohol today and am carrying out my first extraction.

If my information is correct, alcohol preserves the terpenes better and the extract has a much longer shelf life than oil. It is also said to go directly into the bloodstream when dripped under the tongue and work much faster than via the gastrointestinal tract.

According to the instructions, the flowers are decarbolized at 115 degrees Celsius for approx. 20-30 minutes and then frozen. The alcohol should also be placed in the freezer and then everything is mixed together and left to infuse for 12 to 24 hours. I should shake it gently in between.

I would like to hear your opinion on the dosage and whether it makes sense.

I have found a recommendation of 0.01 mg THC per kilo of body weight for a light dose, 0.02 mg for a medium dose and 0.03 mg for a high dose. Does that make sense?

shiva82

I ordered 100ml of ethyl alcohol today and am carrying out my first extraction.

If my information is correct, alcohol preserves the terpenes better and the extract has a much longer shelf life than oil. It is also said to go directly into the bloodstream when dripped under the tongue and work much faster than via the gastrointestinal tract.

According to the instructions, the flowers are decarbolized at 115 degrees Celsius for approx. 20-30 minutes and then frozen. The alcohol should also be placed in the freezer and then everything is mixed together and left to infuse for 12 to 24 hours. I should shake it gently in between.

I would like to hear your opinion on the dosage and whether it makes sense.

I have found a recommendation of 0.01 mg THC per kilo of body weight for a light dose, 0.02 mg for a medium dose and 0.03 mg for a high dose. Does that make sense?
i have a friend that makes ethanol extract and uses a distiller to make his extracts . i have used ethanol to winterise a batc of bho extract many years ago. theses days i just make hash and hash rosin . frozen with dry ice is even better but not essential . i'm happy with traditional hash , and making hash rosin out of uncured but dry hash .

0.2 grams should give you a decent hit if it is a concentrate and you are not used to edible consumption

my mother had 0.2 g of my hash rosin and she slept well but said she could hear the gas and water flowing through all the pipework of the house while she was tripping off it

exoticrobotic

If you want to eat the stuff be careful with the dosage as it takes a while to come up on it....fully :D

I made some hash oil from water hash dissolved in 96% ethanol (must be food grade) then distilled.

I then dissolved the oil in olive oil. I used a dropper, and could feel the rushes almost as soon as the taste hits.

It is all just naturally decarbed by storage. I'm sure a specific decarb like you suggest may make it even stronger.

Would def use olive oil as a cariier rather than ethanol, the 96% ethanol stuff will burn through your mucous membranes rapidly.

:canabis:

DaEarl73

i managed to get contact with the electric company. i have a date . 24 th of november i think it was . another month of no growing . at least i know when they are visiting now and my anxiety has lifted as my head has been up my arse

Attachments

• IMG_7373.jpeg
    IMG_7373.jpeg
    695 KB · Views: 2

strain_hunter

My first extraction in oil was with a way to high dosage, so I am careful now 😁

Want to get rid of vaper, bong and other stuff and some drops of alcohol extract sounds easy. I will use some boiled water, to reduce the alcohol to 40%.
I have some herbs in a 40% solution that are easily degistable and I think, the cannabis solution will work good on my organism too.

strain_hunter

If you want to eat the stuff be careful with the dosage as it takes a while to come up on it....fully :D

I made some hash oil from water hash dissolved in 96% ethanol (must be food grade) then distilled.

I then dissolved the oil in olive oil. I used a dropper, and could feel the rushes almost as soon as the taste hits.
Thats cool 😎
Tried to extend the days without cannabis and made some progress but last night the insomnia was striked back and the first bong hit had no effect and two hours later I was successful with two hits. So a fast hitting extract would be perfect.
It is all just naturally decarbed by storage. I'm sure a specific decarb like you suggest may make it even stronger.
Oh, I didn‘t know that it decarbs naturaly.
Would def use olive oil as a cariier rather than ethanol, the 96% ethanol stuff will burn through your mucous membranes rapidly.

I will mix it with 60% water to get a 40% solution like my herb extract for digestion, which works nice for me.
Oil was on my list but i think the alcohol solution is easier to dose and more stable. And it should pronounce the terpenes better. So I wanted to give it a try and test oil next time.

shiva82

My first extraction in oil was with a way to high dosage, so I am careful now 😁

Want to get rid of vaper, bong and other stuff and some drops of alcohol extract sounds easy. I will use some boiled water, to reduce the alcohol to 40%.
I have some herbs in a 40% solution that are easily degistable and I think, the cannabis solution will work good on my organism too.
pastor @pipeline is the man to talk to regarding edibles . he has recently been down a similar journey and built up a few recipes for different medicines

DaEarl73

Thats cool 😎
Tried to extend the days without cannabis and made some progress but last night the insomnia was striked back and the first bong hit had no effect and two hours later I was successful with two hits. So a fast hitting extract would be perfect.

I will mix it with 60% water to get a 40% solution like my herb extract for digestion, which works nice for me.
Oil was on my list but i think the alcohol solution is easier to dose and more stable. And it should pronounce the terpenes better. So I wanted to give it a try and test oil next time.
Check the German sub, someone mix there stuff with lecithin and then you can mix it basically with everything, put it into your coffee, cacao, tea, yoghurt whatever

exoticrobotic

At quite a slow rate though. For extraction i think it would be better decarbing it in the oven.

I just can't ever bring myself to put ma buds in the oven.

The half decarbed oil is well strong enough for me. I'm ashamed to say quite a few years back i wasted some nhs time with a oil induced heart thumping panic attack.

Along with Shiva's suggestions to ask pipeline, you could also read the cobbing thread. You can eat cob.

I smoked some cobbed bubblegum years ago and it gave me a whitey.

I now need weed to keep me awake.

strain_hunter

pastor @pipeline is the man to talk to regarding edibles . he has recently been down a similar journey and built up a few recipes for different medicines
Thanks, I will check his threads.
Check the German sub, someone mix there stuff with lecithin and then you can mix it basically with everything, put it into your coffee, cacao, tea, yoghurt whatever
Another nice tip. Thank you earl.
At quite a slow rate though. For extraction i think it would be better decarbing it in the oven.

I just can't ever bring myself to put ma buds in the oven.

The half decarbed oil is well strong enough for me. I'm ashamed to say quite a few years back i wasted some nhs time with a oil induced heart thumping panic attack.

Along with Shiva's suggestions to ask pipeline, you could also read the cobbing thread. You can eat cob.

I smoked some cobbed bubblegum years ago and it gave me a whitey.

I now need weed to keep me awake.
Yeah, I like to be awake too.
Sorry to hear, that you had bad experiences with overdosing.
Cobbing? Never heard of that. Fascinating, that there is always more to learn 😁
It's impressive you are trying.
I will not stop with trying 😁
Whenever i try to taper down or shit like that the ganja overseeers always make me turn it up a notch.

Are you using the herb for medical purposes in the first place too?

exoticrobotic

Sorry to hear, that you had bad experiences with overdosing.
Cobbing? Never heard of that. Fascinating, that there is always more to learn 😁

Never had an overdose, noooo, dear me nooooo, is it even possible? I just took too much to soon and the oil sprays are very moreish if you love the taste and rushes.

Are you using the herb for medical purposes in the first place too?

Medical, spiritual, philosophical.

I feel it is essential for preparation for humans next evoltionary cycle.

So do the ganja overseers.

Latest posts

Latest posts