What's new

Shiva Grows

strain_hunter

Another sensationalist article, isn't it?
In retrospect, it always turns out that moderation is the way to go.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

strain_hunter

On the hunt for the chicken of the woods 😁

IMG_7489.jpeg

A nice autumn day, here in germany.

Old Piney

My favorite wild tree mushroom is hen of the woods. It grows at the base of hard wood tree stumps. It has the best mushroom flavor , chicken of the woods dosen't have much flavor , it's like tofu. Another good one is the oyster mushroom I find it mostly on dead maples. I call it the stinky fart mushroom it tastes great but watch out lol. This is tree mushroom season so keep your eyes out

strain_hunter

Thanks for the inspiration. I will look for hen of the woods too 😁

I often buy oyster and king oyster mushrooms. Realy like them.

In germany I never hears these names and I loughed hard, when I read it here the first time. In germany hen of the woods is called Klapperschwamm, which is translated rattling sponge.

Last edited:

strain_hunter

Oh, I saw hen of the woods mushrooms in the past a lot but didn’t know, that you can eat them.
It is called maitake too ?

Btw, do you know Paul Stamets aka the mushroom father?

Old Piney

Oh, I saw hen of the woods mushrooms in the past a lot but didn’t know, that you can eat them.
It is called maitake too ?

Btw, do you know Paul Stamets aka the mushroom father?
Yes it is maitake its really good .there are several variations of them .Another tree mushroom is the old man's beard but I don't like that one much. If it grows on a tree and it's not hard like wood most of the time if you look it up you can eat it .don't know Paul stamets

Last edited: