What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Shiva Grows

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
looks like that cheap china board indeed has a switch for flower and veg even...
S4d269ed0d898419393af1f8d69209abdP.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
Does make you wonder if it's just a gimmick and that instead of them just more high output whites would give you more bang for your watt..
yeah i wonder how much of a difference it makes for a plant to have those additional reds...

i will try it out as a work light in my workshop for a couple of days when it arrives. to check if it goes up in flames and such. and maybe get a decent meanwell driver instead for the money i saved so far.

goingrey

yeah i wonder how much of a difference it makes for a plant to have those additional reds...

i will try it out as a work light in my workshop for a couple of days when it arrives. to check if it goes up in flames and such. and maybe get a decent meanwell driver instead for the money i saved so far.
Guess they won't hurt either.

You're planning to replace the driver, why's that?

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
You're planning to replace the driver, why's that?
i was thinking the driver is pretty important. and that for 15 euros total it must be a pretty shitty one.
since the grow area i'm fantasizing about is around one square foot i would have to dim that thing down to not more than 40 watts anyways. maybe that will reduce the heat on board and driver. i have no idea. or does the driver get hotter if you dim it down?

goingrey

i was thinking the driver is pretty important. and that for 15 euros total it must be a pretty shitty one.
since the grow area i'm fantasizing about is around one square foot i would have to dim that thing down to not more than 40 watts anyways. maybe that will reduce the heat on board and driver. i have no idea. or does the driver get hotter if you dim it down?
15e total for the lamp? That is cheap.

Good question on the heat, without thinking about it I have imagined that dimming down would reduce the heat but now that you mention it maybe the driver is working overtime modulating those pulse waves, and actually gets hotter.

Latest posts

Latest posts