What's new

Shiva Grows

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Willey was sparring in Judo/Hapkito class with a former classmate of mine who is a police officer and he broke Willy's collar bone doing a choke hold too hard I think it was. Willy always had injuries from that class, he said he would get beat up pretty good. It was very physical, but they train to take on multiple attackers.

Willy said the police officer, a friend of mine, spars too agressively most of the time. Thats why you practice I guess. Have to know you strength.

Last edited:

shiva82

Willey was sparring in Judo/Hapkito class with a former classmate of mine who is a police officer and he broke Willy's collar bone doing a choke hold too hard I think it was. Willy always had injuries from that class, he said he would get beat up pretty good. It was very physical, but they train to take on multiple attackers.

Willy said the police officer, a friend of mine, spars too agressively most of the time. Thats why you practice I guess. Have to know you strength.
i don't think injuring people is helpful and stops progress as they are injured. i can be heavy handed but i never intend to harm people . you are half correct. for example, i only body spar now i'm over 40 , unless i was training for an actual fight. reason being , is to protect my faculties , and if i was actually fighting i would need full body sparring to adjust to what will be coming at me , in readiness. if you only body spar, then out of habit you may naturally only aim for the body . instead of the head. it is all routine and habit formed in natural instinct together

Persianfarmer

Yes very logical… well when you train/spar you have a series of hooks, jabs, combo, and variations of kicks…well at least with me, the more you train, and the more you keep amining for that pointed focus ( in yoga its the dharna technics), the more you develop muscle memory and it just comes as reflexes, you don’t even think your muscles do the job

shiva82

i had a flat tyre this morning, i had to go buy a new tyre , as i found the culprit. a screw punctured the inside wall. bummer. problem solved. i have rescheduled boxing sparring and my coach says no problem, see you tomorrow at 8 am .... haha. brutal . i hate early mornings

Latest posts

Latest posts