What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Sensi Seeds NL

Budget Buds

Does anyone have any recent experience with these guys and this strain in particular ?

I had a whole bunch of strains in tissue culture that I have had for years that some piece of sh!t decided to steal and now my entire strain library is gone,

Ive already ordered the seeds, Just looking for insight to them. I've never grown anything Sensi before but figured since they're basically the OG breeder whom brought it to the market I couldn't go wrong.....

Any insight is appreciated , Thank you BB

goingrey

That sucks, wonder if the thieves even knew what they got.

Growing two other strains from Sensi atm and they are doing fine.

Budget Buds

That sucks, wonder if the thieves even knew what they got.

Growing two other strains from Sensi atm and they are doing fine.
It wasn't some random theft, I know who did it, Have it on camera, they know I know, Had they just asked for cuts I would've happily rooted them a clone of whatever they would have liked , Years of work in isolation gone, Meh oh well, I am going to focus on straight up old school strains from here on out anyways and changing from true hp aeroponics to organics...... Time for a change :)

What are the two sensi strains your currently running? I know once I get the NL sorted and back I did see they had a Skunk #1 and if it's a real deal skunk I'm gonna get that next

goingrey

It wasn't some random theft, I know who did it, Have it on camera, they know I know, Had they just asked for cuts I would've happily rooted them a clone of whatever they would have liked , Years of work in isolation gone, Meh oh well, I am going to focus on straight up old school strains from here on out anyways and changing from true hp aeroponics to organics...... Time for a change :)

What are the two sensi strains your currently running? I know once I get the NL sorted and back I did see they had a Skunk #1 and if it's a real deal skunk I'm gonna get that next
Wow, what a scumbag. Hopefully they come to their senses and return the stuff or something.

HP aero sounds super cool to me but I guess the maintenance and all can be a hassle.

Growing Hindu Kush and LA Sugar. Hindu Kush is actually an inbred NL2. Showing some variegation, which I believe is a known trait of the line, otherwise healthy. LA Sugar is Hash Plant x Wedding Cake so not really for people looking for the classics, excellent vigor on that one though.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Does anyone have any recent experience with these guys and this strain in particular ?

I had a whole bunch of strains in tissue culture that I have had for years that some piece of sh!t decided to steal and now my entire strain library is gone,

Ive already ordered the seeds, Just looking for insight to them. I've never grown anything Sensi before but figured since they're basically the OG breeder whom brought it to the market I couldn't go wrong.....

Any insight is appreciated , Thank you BB

Chills

I grew sensi NL the last 3 years and did some crosses with it. Legit? What do i know...? Average good weed with the desired effects for shure.
If you want the NL back and thats your goal, you have to invest money, space and time (lots of).
I for myself stop digging in the past to find lost gems. Maybe you take that as a chance to look what is around at the moment. There is so much new to explore in the actual cannabis scene, fragrances, structures, effects etc. Its almost Impossible to wrap your head around the actual state of the art.
One thing is fore shure, the passion and the underground spirit is definitely carried by others these days.
Great opportunity for you to open a new chapter and feel like a kid again.

✌️

Budget Buds

I for myself stop digging in the past to find lost gems. Maybe you take that as a chance to look what is around at the moment. There is so much new to explore in the actual cannabis scene, fragrances, structures, effects etc.

✌️
I'll disagree with that for sure, Everything today is about a thc %, all the same terps and watered down seed chucks for the next cash grab. Terpene profiles used to be unique and intriguing and now its all the same few in similar percentages. The last thing I was impressed with here recently was Humblodt Blue Berry Muffin, That was an amazing newer offering.

The classics are where it's at and are a dying breed that few really care about, I care more about the few dozen that actually started it...... actual differences in terps, smells and buzzes. everything now is just the same old stuff in a new package.

I absoletuly respect your thoughts on the matter, But its different strokes for different folks, I guess I'm just gettting older (39) lol

As for the NL, I had one from southern oregon seeds that was about as close as I could find, But chris no longer sells that one and has no way to get it back. Hopefully sensi comes through :)

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew Sensi NL, Super Skunk and Shiva Skunk last year and this year Skunk#1 and Super Skunk and I am totally unimpressed. Like someone said, average weed. Wouldn't win a cup with it. No outstanding phenos. Sensi also has a lot of runts and non germinating seeds in my recent experience but also over the years back until 90s. They are completely overrated and always were. You may get lucky but I don't believe it.

Budget Buds

I grew Sensi NL, Super Skunk and Shiva Skunk last year and this year Skunk#1 and Super Skunk and I am totally unimpressed. Like someone said, average weed. Wouldn't win a cup with it. No outstanding phenos. Sensi also has a lot of runts and non germinating seeds in my recent experience but also over the years back until 90s. They are completely overrated and always were. You may get lucky but I don't believe it.
Ouch, Thanks for your experience

Chills

The classics are where it's at and are a dying breed that few really care about, I care more about the few dozen that actually started it...... actual differences in terps, smells and buzzes. everything now is just the same old stuff in a new package.
Man don't confuse me, i was so shure 🤣
Ironicaly im 39 yrs old like you and my conclusions where influenced by the experience with the sensi NL.

I see your passion and joy for the NL is real, thats what it is all about i think. Man at our "age" dont want to comprimise anymore because we can only rely on ourself. Good luck my friend 👍

Budget Buds

Man don't confuse me, i was so shure 🤣
Ironicaly im 39 yrs old like you and my conclusions where influenced by the experience with the sensi NL.

I see your passion and joy for the NL is real, thats what it is all about i think. Man at our "age" dont want to comprimise anymore because we can only rely on ourself. Good luck my friend 👍
lol, Its not just the NL, It's just the easiest to re acquire IME, I'm not totally against new stuff mate I just like to have stuff thats unique and outside of the norm.

I just did some oreoz and wasn't impressed, the northbay kush I just did was pretty good but nothing i'd waste a blue top and hormones on....

If I find a nice newer strain that checked all my boxes I have no problem cataloging and storing it for years on end :)

kro-magnon

Veteran
lol, Its not just the NL, It's just the easiest to re acquire IME, I'm not totally against new stuff mate I just like to have stuff thats unique and outside of the norm.

I just did some oreoz and wasn't impressed, the northbay kush I just did was pretty good but nothing i'd waste a blue top and hormones on....

If I find a nice newer strain that checked all my boxes I have no problem cataloging and storing it for years on end :)
Have you ever try some seeds from Karma, he's a Dutch breeder working with different genetics, some old ,some new, and he is very transparent about his breeding work? He is not afraid to say when he lose some of his breeding stock and discontinue the lines he can't make the same way as before, it's very rare in the cannabis seed business to see this attitude. He has some very seed lines who will deliver great plants with personalities, nothing bland in his plants. One of my all time favorite was Super Skunk from Sensi in the 90's and now I have some Sowahh from Karma, a Sour Diesel back cross, one of the females I have reminds me the old SS I loved, it is the closest I've found to my old favorite in a very long time. Maybe you could try to explore different options now you have to get some new genetics.

Budget Buds

Have you ever try some seeds from Karma, he's a Dutch breeder working with different genetics, some old ,some new, and he is very transparent about his breeding work? He is not afraid to say when he lose some of his breeding stock and discontinue the lines he can't make the same way as before, it's very rare in the cannabis seed business to see this attitude. He has some very seed lines who will deliver great plants with personalities, nothing bland in his plants. One of my all time favorite was Super Skunk from Sensi in the 90's and now I have some Sowahh from Karma, a Sour Diesel back cross, one of the females I have reminds me the old SS I loved, it is the closest I've found to my old favorite in a very long time. Maybe you could try to explore different options now you have to get some new genetics.
https://karmagenetics.shop/ If this is the breeder, He doesn't ship to the usa :(

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
1000015118.jpg

Sensi Strains.
1000015120.jpg

New seed bank strains.(Karma Genetics etc..)

Picture say 1000 words.
Nobody can deny human work and years of breeding.

CharlesU Farley

You were totally correct in choosing Sensi for your Northern Lights. They are going to be the _only_ ones who have even a _chance_ of being the true genetics, because every other seed vendor is full of bullshit stories that you just can't believe.

If I were in your situation, I'm not sure what I would do because Mike from PeakBC seeds no longer sells seeds and Sensi does not sell non-feminized NL here in the States.

From my first post here on ICM:

"That's when I realized I had reverse engineered Northern Lights.

I want to say again that I have much, _much_ respect for the creator of Northern Lights, NL Seattle Greg. I have read everything I can find that he has posted online and I totally understand why Northern Lights is the legend it is. A Viet Nam vet who developed it for over fifteen years before Nevil even heard of it. He worked it because he _needed_ it for PTSD. Without even being aware of NL Seattle Greg's existence, I have followed a similar path. Much respect to Nevil Schoenmaker for taking the work of NL Seattle Greg and further developing Northern Lights to refine and standardize it into a monumental, foundational developmental stock of cannabis. Respect to Ben Dronkers for further refining and sustaining Northern Lights and keeping the genotype intact until I could purchase it in 2000.

When I received the mail from Gypsy Nirvana in 2000, I had been cultivating cannabis indoors for almost 15 years and outdoors for almost 30. Standing there looking at the three genotypes of cannabis that came together to form Northern Lights made me wonder, how many other people had worked with just one type of cannabis for almost 20 years?"

This thread will tell you probably more than you want to know:

If after reading that thread you have any specific questions, I'll be glad to help.

Budget Buds

You were totally correct in choosing Sensi for your Northern Lights. They are going to be the _only_ ones who have even a _chance_ of being the true genetics, because every other seed vendor is full of bullshit stories that you just can't believe.

If I were in your situation, I'm not sure what I would do because Mike from PeakBC seeds no longer sells seeds and Sensi does not sell non-feminized NL here in the States.

From my first post here on ICM:

"That's when I realized I had reverse engineered Northern Lights.

I want to say again that I have much, _much_ respect for the creator of Northern Lights, NL Seattle Greg. I have read everything I can find that he has posted online and I totally understand why Northern Lights is the legend it is. A Viet Nam vet who developed it for over fifteen years before Nevil even heard of it. He worked it because he _needed_ it for PTSD. Without even being aware of NL Seattle Greg's existence, I have followed a similar path. Much respect to Nevil Schoenmaker for taking the work of NL Seattle Greg and further developing Northern Lights to refine and standardize it into a monumental, foundational developmental stock of cannabis. Respect to Ben Dronkers for further refining and sustaining Northern Lights and keeping the genotype intact until I could purchase it in 2000.

When I received the mail from Gypsy Nirvana in 2000, I had been cultivating cannabis indoors for almost 15 years and outdoors for almost 30. Standing there looking at the three genotypes of cannabis that came together to form Northern Lights made me wonder, how many other people had worked with just one type of cannabis for almost 20 years?"

This thread will tell you probably more than you want to know:

If after reading that thread you have any specific questions, I'll be glad to help.

Thank you for the info, i've seen the thread on RIU before but never read into it ......So the current sensi offering is the nl 5x2 then ?

Chris at SOS had one really close that I had stored, and I had one from peak seeds too , shame none of them have it for sale anymore but at least the source and best chance of a real deal is going to be gracing me with its presence here soon :)