What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Seeking out Cannabiogen Ghana & Sud Africa

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does anybody know of any sources for reproductions of either of these legendary lines? (To be clear, I'm referring to the Sud Africa - not the Durban.)

On a separate note - are seed giveaways allowed on this site or is that strictly a vendor privilege?
Hi the answer to your question about seeds is yes if your a subscriber ie the trading post or vendor as you say hope that helps.:good:

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
Hello friend, I would like to help you but I don't know anyone who is selling these varieties right now.

A few years ago when Cannbiogen put them on sale, I myself had to decide on one of the two since I couldn't afford both.
So I bought several packages of Ghana that I have frozen.

The truth is that they were not for sale for long and were barely seen on forums...
As always happens with many varieties that end up being lost...Although I'm sure someone else will have seeds saved.

I decided on this one because it seemed more extreme to me and because of the opinions of its electrical effect.

Ghana
Bank: CannaBioGen
Regular Seeds
Genetics: Sativa
Performance: Medium/high
Flowering: 16-22 weeks

Many Rastas in West Africa wear a green, yellow, red plastic bracelet with the writing "I Love Ghana". Hence the name of this theme. Ghana is known for its potent Ganja, which is widespread. Narco-tourism is developing and Ghana is like the "Holland" of West Africa. You smoke nonchalantly and walk next to ganja fields without realizing it. As in many countries, the death of Bob Marley is commemorated. It's a day of music and smoke! The same in Burkina Faso where although weed is illegal during the day you can smoke it in front of the police.
It was a very dark mary, black, brown and dark green. Lots of coarse powder, no yolk. Taste and smell are difficult to describe. It is not fruity, it is dark, wild, spicy, a little mint and burnt hair, it leaves a strong taste of hashis in the mouth...a true taste of Africa! One of my favorite smokes...
The high was exceptional! I felt like I was 15 years old! I remember spending almost an hour peeling a simple pineapple! The conversations became incoherent. It didn't have a roof. Trippy and social effect.
At night we returned to the house on a motorcycle. We crossed the marimbo through the middle of the jungle, only illuminated by the moon with the smells of the African night, shaken by blows and skating through the sand, laughing....one of my most memorable smoke memories!

I would like to have released it this year but sometimes things don't go the way you want...

I wish you luck in your search!

PS: They are not my photos, I had them saved from other people who grew it.

Attachments

• ghana (2).jpg
    ghana (2).jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Ghana 150709b DSC_0002c.jpg
    Ghana 150709b DSC_0002c.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 46
  • image_1034610.jpg
    image_1034610.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 42
  • image_1034617.jpg
    image_1034617.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 39
  • P1070059.JPG
    P1070059.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 48

FoxMcLoud

Hi the answer to your question about seeds is yes if your a subscriber ie the trading post or vendor as you say hope that helps.:good:
Thanks very much for the feedback. Is there a trading post for the peasants that can't afford to subscribe?
Hello friend, I would like to help you but I don't know anyone who is selling these varieties right now.

A few years ago when Cannbiogen put them on sale, I myself had to decide on one of the two since I couldn't afford both.
So I bought several packages of Ghana that I have frozen.

The truth is that they were not for sale for long and were barely seen on forums...
As always happens with many varieties that end up being lost...Although I'm sure someone else will have seeds saved.

I decided on this one because it seemed more extreme to me and because of the opinions of its electrical effect.

Ghana
Bank: CannaBioGen
Regular Seeds
Genetics: Sativa
Performance: Medium/high
Flowering: 16-22 weeks

Many Rastas in West Africa wear a green, yellow, red plastic bracelet with the writing "I Love Ghana". Hence the name of this theme. Ghana is known for its potent Ganja, which is widespread. Narco-tourism is developing and Ghana is like the "Holland" of West Africa. You smoke nonchalantly and walk next to ganja fields without realizing it. As in many countries, the death of Bob Marley is commemorated. It's a day of music and smoke! The same in Burkina Faso where although weed is illegal during the day you can smoke it in front of the police.
It was a very dark mary, black, brown and dark green. Lots of coarse powder, no yolk. Taste and smell are difficult to describe. It is not fruity, it is dark, wild, spicy, a little mint and burnt hair, it leaves a strong taste of hashis in the mouth...a true taste of Africa! One of my favorite smokes...
The high was exceptional! I felt like I was 15 years old! I remember spending almost an hour peeling a simple pineapple! The conversations became incoherent. It didn't have a roof. Trippy and social effect.
At night we returned to the house on a motorcycle. We crossed the marimbo through the middle of the jungle, only illuminated by the moon with the smells of the African night, shaken by blows and skating through the sand, laughing....one of my most memorable smoke memories!

I would like to have released it this year but sometimes things don't go the way you want...

I wish you luck in your search!

PS: They are not my photos, I had them saved from other people who grew it.
Thank you for chiming in! Atleast there's a pack waiting in the wings to be F2d. I hope that Jah guides you to pop those STAT so the people can get some access to real NLD medicine!!!!

There are a few reproduction attempts going at this very moment with 2 different Ghana Cannabiogen packs (from different sources) but they are from Spanish grow shops. I have been screwed over by tucultivo dot net before with fake cannabiogen punto rojo so i am dubious about absolute success since I could not track down an original breeder pack. Hence my continuing the search!

Wish Vibes collective was still around and there weren't so many seed scum stealing/reselling without giving credit to where it's due. Now the guardians of the lost medicine are reluctant to engage with strangers because there have been so many instances of this unscrupulous behavior. Ahhhhhhhh c'est la vie!

What's that saying . . . where there's a will, there's a way?

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
Hello, I actually have 2-3 packets of seeds, since I later ordered others when I saw that they were going to disappear...

tucultivo .net says they have stock and then they don't...
I myself ordered Punto Rojo a few years ago and then they didn't have it. It seems like it's some kind of claim...
Badly done.
I have a Punto Rojo x OTH you can take a look at it.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks very much for the feedback. Is there a trading post for the peasants that can't afford to subscribe?

What's that saying . . . where there's a will, there's a way?

7. Solicitations: Threads or posts soliciting or offering the buying/ selling/ trading/ swapping/ testing/ giving of seeds, clones, pollen, cannabis, hash, or any other substance or article is not permitted in the open forum(s) and will be deleted, with the member subjected to banning without warning. Trading of seeds, clones and any other form of Cannabis genetic material is allowed only in the Veteran/Premium forum under the correct subforum for trading.... Hope that helps answer your question..

:thank you::good:

FoxMcLoud

Hello, I actually have 2-3 packets of seeds, since I later ordered others when I saw that they were going to disappear...

tucultivo .net says they have stock and then they don't...
I myself ordered Punto Rojo a few years ago and then they didn't have it. It seems like it's some kind of claim...
Badly done.
I have a Punto Rojo x OTH you can take a look at it.

tucultivo dot net are scammers

FoxMcLoud

You won't be disappointed as there's a decent amount of lines with that structure!! I'm looking to explore the most NLD, wispiest flower that's electric or profound and steer clear of that indica/middle eastern hash variety influence with priority for high altitude accessions and/or long time flowering. Sometimes I like to use Roms' black/red/gold/green designation for rudimentary classification that progressively aligns with flowering time and ofcourse there's the unique terroire, climate, latitude, altitude.

Last edited:

OldCoolSativa

I agree. Is I've said often before, I seek the primal-looking, long-flowering, skinny-leaved tropical plants that were grown abroad and smuggled into the United States in the 1960s and early-mid 1970s. We all know that stuff is unobtanium in dispensaries and the few of us who truly appreciate it must seek it out and grow our own and try to preserve and share these lines. Charlie Garcia understood this and his contributions are greatly appreciated.

I was lucky enough to buy a small amount of herb that was sold as "trip weed" in 1975. It gave me full-on visual hallucinations. Like acid but less scary. I don't remember anything unusual about the appearance or aroma of that herb, but I actually did save the seeds because the high was so special. I stashed them in the attic and my mom found them and tossed them. Having learned a few things about cannabis in the intervening half century, I have a feeling that the trip weed I smoked was from Africa, because the effect was so profoundly different from everything else that was available at the time. Never had anything like it since.

Does anybody know of any sources for reproductions of either of these legendary lines? (To be clear, I'm referring to the Sud Africa - not the Durban.)

On a separate note - are seed giveaways allowed on this site or is that strictly a vendor privilege?
Your best bet is Underground Seeds Co. (at least was in decembrer 2022) ->

Screenshot_20240816_235028_Outlook.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240816_235058_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240816_235058_Outlook.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 15
But another solution is to wait for the Pandora Seedbank realease,
as it is a good guy, has a good reputation, and the plants will be selected and the seeds fresh...

This is a strain i will buy (again) myself.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts