What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Is this normal ?

ice minus

Hi all I have a plant whose pistils are turning pink, it's the only strain in my tent to do so. Just wondering if it's an indicator something is wrong

Screenshot_20240903-194753.png

As you can see the leaves were too dark for the first bit of the grow, i guess the dose of Gaia Green 4-4-4 was a bit much for it even though other strains seem to do ok!

Media - Sunshine Mix #4
Nutes - Gaia Green dry amendments 4-4-4 & power bloom pre-cooked
Additives - Castings and compost, compost teas, aloe, coconut water, kelp drenches
Water - 6.3pH

Thanks ICMAG!

Last edited:

BReal

Veteran
I'm pretty sure that pink hairs are normal and it's related to genetics. If you would use too much fertilizer, pH would be way too high, plants would be stressed by high heat and salt conentration would be high: then you would have very, very thin, curled hairs - that would be NOT normal 🙂 However by looking at your leaf tips, you still used a little bit too much of fertilizers - nothing to be worried about probably though. I would decrease doses just a tiny bit.

ice minus

She sure is pretty! I've seen pistols in all kinds colors, pure snow white , pink , red , purple ,green and everything in between,I believe this is all determined by genetics
So freaking cool! I can't say I see it often myself but I sure love it.. I thought maybe because I started adding some Ful-Power fulvic acid liquid to my water it might've caused some strange behaviour.. but my other plants on same water supply show no such effects

Thank you!

Terppalooza

seen this in papaya crosses before!! seeds from diffrent people. so i usuly when i see this i assume its a papaya cross. what strain is this?

CannaZen

I had pink
Pistil too except that f1 of its seeds it is absent I want it in my seedline it was a bit faint though. Hoping that I can get it in f2 and f3 :) I'm going to do a seedrun indoors with the f1 I have. Maybe down the line it would be more. Nice find, hadn't known some people dont know about it. It seemed super rare the first time I saw a photo. Was pleased it showed up in one of my seedplants.

ice minus

For some reason I wasn't able to edit in the strain!

It's a Red Congo x Pineapple Fritter combination! I run a teeny-tiny cannabis discord server with just a handful of users, maybe 5-10 people only. (please DM me if you will join!!! would love to see new faces) and on this server we have a growing/breeding channel and a fellow in there is really taking off with his new breeding projects

His IG: https://www.instagram.com/gglmaii

He sent me all his latest Pineapple Fritter crosses since we go way back. And I started with the Red Congo x Pineapple Fritter which is giving me the pink pistils. Interestingly enough - I'm the first to grow it. He hasn't even grown his own cross out yet

It's still pretty pink looking , with some of them finally transitioning to red hairs as they lose the pigment - but also new white hairs as well - I'll head over to the tent shortly and see if I can snap an update

Latest posts

Latest posts